• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

I really hope that it doesn't take long for them to release PokemonBank on the NA eShop since everything is working now. I want to get all my Pokes traded up!

XY has made me really hate the fact that I don't have the willpower to wait for third versions.
That is assuming that there will be a third version and not sequels. If they do sequels playing XY first will probably make those games a better experience.

as long as I get my Gen 3 remake I'm all good

I want Ruby and Sapphire sequels instead.
Also...
image.php

What have you done?!
Did you lose another bet?

lupinko

PokeGAF should I buy a cart of NA Pokemon Y or buy a JP Pokemon Y when I move over to Japan next month?

That or wait for the expected Pokemon Z / X2Y2 / whatever ?

I just have mild OCD as the Walmart Pokemon Y with that event Schizor is tempting for no real reason to me.

But a JP Pokemon Y would allow me to get live JP event pokes.

I have the eshop version of X btw.

Caladrius

PokeGAF should I buy a cart of NA Pokemon Y or buy a JP Pokemon Y when I move over to Japan next month?

That or wait for the expected Pokemon Z / X2Y2 / whatever ?

I just have mild OCD as the Walmart Pokemon Y with that event Schizor is tempting for no real reason to me.

But a JP Pokemon Y would allow me to get live JP event pokes.

I have the eshop version of X btw.

Keep in mind that the 3DS's are region locked, so you need a Japanese 3DS/2DS. As a side note games in Japan are generally more expensive than they are in the Americas.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
And apparently it's a villain on its own (not being owned by an evil guy). In the teaser it does the thing that Mewtwo did to Joy except this time it does it on Jenny.

lupinko

Keep in mind that the 3DS's are region locked, so you need a Japanese 3DS/2DS. As a side note games in Japan are generally more expensive than they are in the Americas.

I know, that's why I'm going to buy a Japanese 3DS when I move over next month. And I've been importing Japanese games straight up since at least the PS2 era and have also bought games in Japan as well, so I'm well aware of Japanese games' MSRP.

Boss Doggie

1387581803724sgsn3.gif

and according to someone in /vp/ here's the whole Malamar (Kalamanero) dialog

"X: I am Madam X... and this is Karamanero... From this day forth, you will follow me!"
"Satoshi: Pikachu!"
"X (referring to Pikachu): Show me your power."
"Nyarth (interpreting Karamanero): 'Through this, the world will change. And when that time comes, our enormous plan will be set into action.'"
"Satoshi: Karamanero... What a terrible Pokemon...

Meet Pokemon XY's first recurring villain: An evil Malamar

And yes, I said recurring, as in its coming back to fuck up even more shit.

I know, that's why I'm going to buy a Japanese 3DS when I move over next month. And I've been importing Japanese games straight up since at least the PS2 era and have also bought games in Japan as well, so I'm well aware of Japanese games' MSRP.

What do you expect to play with your Japanese 3DS, by the way?

Box

So I just recently watched Pokemon Origins. I actually thought it was pretty cool. It was better than I thought it would be.

Did anyone else like it?

Also, I'm not really sure why it was made. It's pretty random.

Boss Doggie

Aren't you a Sylveon magnet.

So I just recently watched Pokemon Origins. I actually thought it was pretty cool. It was better than I thought it would be.

Did anyone else like it?

Also, I'm not really sure why it was made. It's pretty random.

Personally I thought it was mediocre after the initial fluff died down.

Macka

Does anyone know exactly how Pokemon Bank works?

I assumed you would be able to access the bank directly from Pokemon X&Y. I thought you would be able to access your P.C in-game and be able to move Pokemon to and from the Bank box.

With the few pictures I've seen though, it looks like you can only transfer Pokemon to and from the Bank using the downloaded app. I struggle to see how this is useful at all then. Isn't the bank meant to be a tool used to keep your Pokemon safe? How are you possibly going to be able to move Pokemon back and forth every time you want to play X&Y?

backlot

I assumed you would be able to access the bank directly from Pokemon X&Y. I thought you would be able to access your P.C in-game and be able to move Pokemon to and from the Bank box.

With the few pictures I've seen though, it looks like you can only transfer Pokemon to and from the Bank using the downloaded app. I struggle to see how this is useful at all then. Isn't the bank meant to be a tool used to keep your Pokemon safe? How are you possibly going to be able to move Pokemon back and forth every time you want to play X&Y?

Pokemon Bank isn't meant to be a replacement for the in-game PC. It's just extra storage. You'll probably want to keep the Pokemon you use on a daily basis in-game. I also have to question just how safe Pokemon Bank really is when thier FAQ says stuff like this:

f9W5281.png

eOSIgLm.png

Nowhere on that FAQ do they assure that a user will not lose access to their bank account if something happens to the 3DS they created the account on. Seems no safer than keeping everything in-game, really.

Firestorm

The downloadable app is just an interface. I assume it's tied to your Global Link account though I haven't asked anyone I know that has Bank about it. This means you can just download it again on another DS to access your Pokemon as they are stored on their servers rather than your DS.

I also really wish there was a PC interface. That would be worth twice what they're asking :(

Happy New Year, PokéGAF! Here's to another year of being an amazing community!

lxOovCb.png

Gametrailers posted that for a bit (it was changed).

The best part about this is that it's the exact same fanart that Polygon accidentally used in their review of X and Y. I'm not sure if it's some sort of uber-meta joke or if modern day garm jarnalists are just that clueless.

Happy New Year, PokéGAF! Here's to another year of being an amazing community!

The best part about this is that it's the exact same fanart that Polygon accidentally used in their review of X and Y. I'm not sure if it's some sort of uber-meta joke or if modern day garm jarnalists are just that clueless.

The person who made the thumbnail probably knew nothing about Pokemon, the question is how did he/she come across that image specifically.

Top Bottom