• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Caladrius

It's a gift from me to you.

image.php

How oddly appropriate.

Also Gira-sama, Deoxys-nii, Daku-chan and Kyurem-kun nearly two weeks late, . Entering withdrawals.

Send help.

zroid

Banned
I know, there were only two sets with Sylveon, and the other one had Vaporeon and Leafeon instead of Umbreon and Flareon. Umbreon won out, ultimately... so I got stuck with Flareon. :p

CorvoSol

Can't they just release transporter separately, then? I just want to transfer my dang Pokemon. Bad enough they're locking it behind an inevitable paywall, I just want to be able to get it done once.

lupinko

Does anyone know what the maximum health Treecko has as a starter in Emerald? I'm just SRing for a female with a max health of 21 (I was able to get a Torchic with said stats for my Ruby cart and the same for Mudkips on my Sapphire cart). With my spare LG cart and my main LG cart, I plan on doing custom playthroughs on the three games so Hoenn starter + 2 kanto starters + Jirachi.

I learned the hardway that the Kanto remakes can't accept Hoenn trades until you get the RS stones into the Island PCs. Which meant my plan for a Hoenn starter trio in LG went out the window. This is what I get for not playing these games 11 years ago. lol

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I was under the impression it was a separate app that you just couldn't get without downloading PB, but it's still bad. The way Nintendo's gone about transfering Pokemon in general is bad, but especially so this generation.

First off

"Nintendo"

Second

Eh, it's not so bad when you compared it to the older gens. At least you only need one device, you transfer 1 box worth of transfer, and you don't play a shitty minigame. The only "true" best way to transfer was III -> IV, and even then you're out of luck if you don't have OG DS or DS Lite, or you have to sit through a shitty minigame.

zroid

Banned
okay I'm finally home and wanting to open up my Pokémon chocolates. The question is, which should I have first?

Choices include:
- Red Genesect (white filling + white coating)
- Mewtwo (brown pellets?)
- Umbreon (pink filling + blue coating)
- Sylveon (brown filling + yellow coating)
- Flareon (yellow/white filling + yellow/white coating)

okay I'm finally home and wanting to open up my Pokémon chocolates. The question is, which should I have first?

Choices include:

Save the best(sylveon) for last!

zroid

Banned
I went with Red Genesect :p Turns out it was actually more of a hard fruity candy than a chocolate. At least I'm pretty sure Mewtwo and Sylveon are real chocolate, unless it's brown-coloured candy, lol.

Also, since the packaging is opened, you can actually see the reverse of the boxes now!

j5aKNyDJzbB0B.jpg

edit: Flareon's is lemon-flavoured! Yum! oh, and the picture totally lied about Umbreon and Sylveon. They're actually just smarties of various colours, although Umbreon's filling is white chocolate and Sylveon's is regular chocolate.

Choices include:

HSV that bitch.

Red Genesect > Flareon > Umbreon > Mewtwo > Sylveon.

So.... while waiting for PokeBank to eventually rear its head and finally allow me to transfer my Living Dex from White 2 into Y, I decided to pass time by trying to complete the 3 Kalos dexes.

When I first started I didn't really believe that I'd actually finish even 1 dex before the Bank comes out, mostly because I had hardly caught any pokemon during my playthrough other than the Gen 6 ones. Having already caught them all before in previous games, I didn't feel the need to bother.

Well, between the 27th and today, I've completed the Central Dex and the Coastal Dex and I'm already 90+ pokes into the Mountain Dex.

...at this rate, I'd probably complete the National Dex (AGAIN!) before the Bank releases.

Wichu

I should have elaborated. I'm almost certain Giratina is based on a cockatrice in the sense of a winged basilisk:

Wikipedia said:
Cockatrice became seen as synonymous with basilisk when the basiliscus in Bartholomeus Anglicus' De proprietatibus rerum (ca 1260) was translated by John Trevisa as cockatrice (1397).[4] A basilisk, however, is usually depicted without wings.

Basilisks (and cockatrices) are usually depicted as reptilian, with a crown or crest. Two common depictions are as multi-limbed lizards (e.g. Final Fantasy) and as giant snakes (e.g. Harry Potter). Sound familiar? :p

CorvoSol

First off

"Nintendo"

Second

Eh, it's not so bad when you compared it to the older gens. At least you only need one device, you transfer 1 box worth of transfer, and you don't play a shitty minigame. The only "true" best way to transfer was III -> IV, and even then you're out of luck if you don't have OG DS or DS Lite, or you have to sit through a shitty minigame.

I mean I guess so, but then again you have to get an app that after a now unspecified time you will have to pay extra for just to transfer. At least in older games the ability to transfer my Pokemon was a part of the package price.

Boss Doggie

Shaymin, the kami, and Giratina can be amie'd in their alternate forms right?

I mean I guess so, but then again you have to get an app that after a now unspecified time you will have to pay extra for just to transfer. At least in older games the ability to transfer my Pokemon was a part of the package price.

Why wouldn't you transfer everything after the trial?

And packaged in a sense that you're already prepared by having two devices.

Toxi

Banned
So Kawaii

ALSO INCOMING!

The most Kawaii Satanic centipede monster thing.
Oh my God I love how the Vanillite line were reinterpreted as giant spiny orb-weavers with smiley patterns on their abdomens. The best thing is there are actually spiders with similar patterns in real life.
Giratina is based on a cockatrice, not a centipede. But OH GOD GIANT SPIDER VANILLUXE WHY
i hate vanilluxe even more now D:
You all just can't handle how much more kawaii Vanilluxe got.

CorvoSol

Shaymin, the kami, and Giratina can be amie'd in their alternate forms right?

Why wouldn't you transfer everything after the trial?

And packaged in a sense that you're already prepared by having two devices.

1. In case I ever want to transfer again in the future?

2. Packaged in the sense that I don't have to install a second app to have the transfer function, because the game is already transfer functional.

one_kill

Wasn't the Griseous Orb also located in the chamber where you find Zygarde?
Ah yeah, that's an exception. I forgot where I got it though.

But for Shaymin, the three genies, and Genesect, you need to show the relevant Pokemon to particular NPCs.

Boss Doggie

QbNOvQG.jpg

1. In case I ever want to transfer again in the future?

2. Packaged in the sense that I don't have to install a second app to have the transfer function, because the game is already transfer functional.

Then you just have to pay for the fee. It's convenient towards those who only have one console.

Top Bottom