• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
And said fee is trivial when you compare the cost of having to transfer (outside of Gen III->IV, and even then it's circumstantial)

Not if you don't buy into your cost of 2 DSes business it isn't.

That's the thing though, it's cheap when you compare it vis-a-vis the cost of the transfer requirements before.

I suspect people might use Pokémon Bank as a one off thing to transfer stuff and no more, making the effective cost $0, assuming that the player does it in one go and doesn't need to transfer in the future.

Please ignore the hilariously bad 2nd part of the Shadow Force animation.

http://youtu.be/7RHzqJv-5V0?t=11m2s

Hilariously bad? Giratina just body-checked some poor soul. That's awesome!

I know legendaries are made a little bigger than everything else (compare Giratina to, say, Wailord) but that sense of scale is pretty damn terrifying. Just look at how huge his Origin Forme was compared to that Flabebe.

And despite that, Giratina has the spatial agility to just materialize into nothingness, and come back to shoulder-tackle the opposition.

Wichu

Changing subject slightly: How much space does XY let me store Pokemon in, anyway? Like, how many boxes do I get?

You start with 7 boxes, but that expands to 15, then 23, then 31, as you fill them. So 930 Pokémon in storage + 6 in party + 6 in Battle Box + 2 in Day Care?

CorvoSol

Just don't get into breeding. I need Bank yesterday, and not even for the transferring :(

Yeah, I don't even normally do competitive battling. I kinda feel like to be any good at that you had to start doing it 10 years ago or something. I just collect my mons and roll through the game, then wait for the next generation to come along.

lupinko

Does anyone know when PokeBank is out in NA now?

It's funny if there isn't a date yet, I'm moving to a place at the end of the month that already has it but I wouldn't be able to use it without buying a new 3DS+copy of the game. lol

I'm trying to SR for Shiny Mewtwo in LG and catch preferred Nature or Shiny Mesprit right now in Pearl at work. lol

Good thing I have that Masterball on standby if it is a Shiny Mesprit, oh boy.

zroid

Banned
After some thought, I have to say the Umbreon candies are my favourite. They're the ones which look like smarties but actually have this weird fruity filling except with a similar texture to the chocolate filling of actual smarties. It's hard to describe. But they're good!

The Sylveon ones are basically just smarties and there's nothing wrong with that, while the Flareon ones are kind of like large lemon-flavoured skittles, which is great. But the Umbreon ones definitely take first place overall, for a combination of their uniqueness and taste.

Am I thinking way too much about a bunch of candies which will soon all be eaten and of which I'll have no reasonable way to get replacements? No, you're stupid.

Boss Doggie

tumblr_mz0sx71oSO1r2yf1qo2_500.jpg

heh

tumblr_mz0tnvKn1Z1rpb811o3_500.jpg

Keldeo doesn't actually look ridiculous in 3D

tumblr_myz97ziIFt1t62c20o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mz40i2pzAh1rbd4pro3_500.jpg

tumblr_mz0ep7vNXf1qe2vjzo1_500.jpg

tumblr_myxj66aAr71s6xl7to1_500.jpg

tumblr_myufi11V3X1r9d9k2o1_500.jpg

tumblr_myt6dxCyQJ1rkdbifo1_400.gif

tumblr_myngxaWTZ91qeq7xto3_500.jpg

tumblr_myn8tkRQpa1s0fw6go1_500.png

Frost_Ace

Should I let Doublade evolve while using it in the main story? I think I may use it with eviolite, dealing with the stance change in the story sounds annoying.

one_kill

Should I let Doublade evolve while using it in the main story? I think I may use it with eviolite, dealing with the stance change in the story sounds annoying.
Do whatever you want dude
but yeah, having to see stance change is annoying

However, if you get your Aegislash's level pretty high, you wouldn't need to change stances back and forth anyway

Caladrius

Doublade isn't very useful for doing anything aside from tanking, which you never need to do ingame unless you're doing a challenge run. Aegislash is one of the best physical sweepers available, and it'll generally outspeed the significantly lower-leveled pokemon that are around. Things that do get to strike first will have to try and puncture Aegislash's stellar defenses or King's guard, should you choose to equip it.

Even just giving it swords dance+Iron head and/or shadow sneak (to bypass its shoddy speed) will pretty much carry it through to the endgame. (It can notably smash half of the champion's team into fine paste.) The only time I recall having my Aegislash KO'd was when I failed to anticipate a Fire Blast.

I wonder if someone has tried to solo the game with the Honedge line.

Boss Doggie

Using this moment before going to the hospital to say how much I love the Kalos final form starters design. It's the only generation where the theme is quite visible while being consistent and hard to get (unlike say, Gen V's "historical warriors" approach).

Greninja is often hated because "it lost its foam scarf". But then that's because they only look at it outwardly. It doesn't need the foam scarf when its pustules acts as such. If anything, it's more ninja-esque than before because rather than having its weapon exposed, it is now kept. The pointy design mimics a shuriken and the whole posing shows it too.

Chesnaught is often hated for some odd reason. And yet the coloration works - it is a ripened chestnut. People say it looks like Bowser but its actually a separate, obviously-not-part-of-its-body shell that gives it that look. Some say it looks weird due to the patterns and such, but it's pretty much a chainmail coif stylized to look like a wooden armor. Even the beard is a nice touch to mimic those old bearded knights.

Delphox is often hated for being ugly. Personally it is my least liked of the trio but that's mostly due to looking a bit effeminate, but not because of poor design. The ear hair resembles that of a traditional witch hair (and even an old sage's hair), and the long fur resembles that of long coat/robes, with patches even! It gives Delphox a "master"-like look, like a scholar. What people forget is that a scholar/sage traditionally looks like an old, wise person rather than a "cute witch girl".

It's sad how the three gets overlooked due to the "what-you-see-is-what-you-get" folks. But really, we're already three generations since they time they made designs more intricate and about finding details to how they fit their narrative and lore.

-Horizon-

It's so he can have an identical hat for every day of the week.
That hat needs to go?

Using this moment before going to the hospital to say how much I love the Kalos final form starters design. It's the only generation where the theme is quite visible while being consistent and hard to get (unlike say, Gen V's "historical warriors" approach).

Greninja is often hated because "it lost its foam scarf". But then that's because they only look at it outwardly. It doesn't need the foam scarf when its pustules acts as such. If anything, it's more ninja-esque than before because rather than having its weapon exposed, it is now kept. The pointy design mimics a shuriken and the whole posing shows it too.

Chesnaught is often hated for some odd reason. And yet the coloration works - it is a ripened chestnut. People say it looks like Bowser but its actually a separate, obviously-not-part-of-its-body shell that gives it that look. Some say it looks weird due to the patterns and such, but it's pretty much a chainmail coif stylized to look like a wooden armor. Even the beard is a nice touch to mimic those old bearded knights.

Delphox is often hated for being ugly. Personally it is my least liked of the trio but that's mostly due to looking a bit effeminate, but not because of poor design. The ear hair resembles that of a traditional witch hair (and even an old sage's hair), and the long fur resembles that of long coat/robes, with patches even! It gives Delphox a "master"-like look, like a scholar. What people forget is that a scholar/sage traditionally looks like an old, wise person rather than a "cute witch girl".

It's sad how the three gets overlooked due to the "what-you-see-is-what-you-get" folks. But really, we're already three generations since they time they made designs more intricate and about finding details to how they fit their narrative and lore.
Hospital? :eek:

Greninja and Delphox are perfectly fine with me. Its Chesnaught that still looks weird...it must be the beard.

I'm just glad that the Kalos starter's final typings weren't as mind numbingly boring as the ones from Unova. And I like Chesnaught, I was really worried for the Chespin line when I saw how awful Quilladin looked. The dorky, human-like face creeped me out. It reminded me of this weird kid's show I saw once about a bunch of talking CGI planes with human faces.

Caladrius

Greninja is my favorite Starter since Typhlosion (who was my first). The other two are solid and have very distinctive designs that make them equally memorable to me.

It reminded me of this weird kid's show I saw once about a bunch of talking CGI planes with human faces.

I watched that show when they still used models. I'm convinced that CG ruins nearly everything.

lupinko

I started my Emerald playthrough last night with all 3 Hoenn starters + Jirachi + Gyarados (with Surf+Waterfall), it's pretty fun tho the traded pokes quickly started ignoring me until after I was able to get the first badge.

I'm just going to continue farming Jirachis, I hope I can get a Shiny one from Wishmaker already.

I started my Emerald playthrough last night with all 3 Hoenn starters + Jirachi + Gyarados (with Surf+Waterfall), it's pretty fun tho the traded pokes quickly started ignoring me until after I was able to get the first badge.

I'm just going to continue farming Jirachis, I hope I can get a Shiny one from Wishmaker already.

Stop breaking the universe.

Top Bottom