• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

This website has made GIFs of a lot more Pokémon since the last time I linked them! Some of PokéGAF's favorites are finally in animated form.

http://www.pkparaiso.com/xy/sprites_pokemon.php

KVHUHW2.gif
rJc7sQ7.gif
oqzLaFE.gif
CdnhD2i.gif

backlot

Those look very nice.

Anyway, will this be the week Pokémon Bank's release date is announced? PLACE YOUR BETS

It's sad that we've moved on from hoping Pokemon Bank will be released soon to hoping we hear a date. When it first got delayed I thought it would surely be out by now.

qq more

This website has made GIFs of a lot more Pokémon since the last time I linked them! Some of PokéGAF's favorites are finally in animated form.

http://www.pkparaiso.com/xy/sprites_pokemon.php

KVHUHW2.gif
rJc7sQ7.gif
oqzLaFE.gif
CdnhD2i.gif
Oh man, thanks! Stoutland looks great :D

Maybe the Ruby/Sapphire remake will have a beach town that features you battling past characters while they wear swimsuits. Would sell like hotcakes. Would also cause qq to ragequit.

QQ will become inoculated to the way of waifus in due time.
:mad:

It's sad that we've moved on from hoping Pokemon Bank will be released soon to hoping we hear a date. When it first got delayed I thought it would surely be out by now.

It's very annoying... man, I want PokeBank out now!

Ugh, it really sucks. I want to like Chesnaught, I really do. I understand the references and why they made the decisions they did, but I absolutely hate its colour scheme. All of the other starters, as different as they may be, at the very least have somewhat of a consistent colour scheme. But Chesnaught...I look at the shiny form and I just hate that it isn't the normal form. It's really too bad. The lack of Drain Punch is an absolute killer too. I guess I'm just bothered that I had really high hopes for Chespin because it was the only Pokemon design I liked in all of gen 6. I even grew to like Quilladin. But Chesnaught...I just can't.

On the opposite end, I've actually grown to like Zoroark. I have to admit that when it was first shown I wasn't too interested as it was obvious they were trying to make another Lucario, and even worse was that you couldn't get it at all without event Pokemon until B/W 2, where it was too late. Funnily enough, I felt kind of bad that Zoroark actually ended up failing to catch on, so when I came across a wild one in Y I caught it. I have to say, it really is actually quite cool. I love the Illusion mindgames too. So with this, my gen 6 team is complete...and lacks any gen 6 Pokemon. >_>

I'm curious though. Does anyone else here get team pictures commissioned? I've already gotten 2 from gen 4 and 5.

You mean my avatar?

No, there aren't any that I'm aware of. I got this Pikachu is from the Sendai Pokemon Center. There are only keychains and pens, unfortunately. In each Pokemon Center in Japan, there are merchandise for Pikachu, Eevee, Meowth and Oshawott that reference the area. Sendai loves Date Masamune, so...

Haha, to be honest, the Pokemon Centers are a bit of a disappointment. They're mainly focused on the new generations (obviously) but unless you're a fan of Pikachu, the new starters, Meowth and Eevee, you might be out of luck when it comes to more obscure Pokemon. They're also not as big as you imagined. I did make it my goal to go to as many Pokemon Centers as possible just for the hell of it and all of the merchandise was mostly the same. Personally, my goal was to get those small Monster Collection figures of the team I wanted. I left with only four of the Pokemon since Lucario and Togekiss became super rare. :/

Top Bottom