• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Macka

I just unintentionally hatched a Shiny Charmander in Y...and it's flawless.

charmander.gif
(For lack of XY gif)

31/31/31/31/31/31. Timid. Male. Has the Dragon Pulse Egg Move.

I'm so happy. I named him Megiddo, after the Sol Blade release in Golden Sun 2.

I just unintentionally hatched a Shiny Charmander in Y...and it's flawless.

charmander.gif
(For lack of XY gif)

31/31/31/31/31/31. Timid. Male. Has the Dragon Pulse Egg Move.

I'm so happy. I named him Megiddo, after the Sol Blade release in Golden Sun 2.

Congratulations! Even if both parents are perfect and everything is in the favour of such a Pokémon (minus Shiny Charm, if it exists), this has a 1 in 131,072 chance of occurring if I've done my maths right. :)

Wichu

Well, that's assuming no Masuda method either. It's a shame 31 Attack is actually a hindrance for a special attacker (Foul Play and confusion damage).

Macka

No Masuda method. I was trying to get a Female and he showed up first.

Yeah, the 31 in Att isn't really beneficial, but eh, I doubt it would turn a 2HKO into a OHKO very frequently.

lupinko

You mean my avatar?

No, there aren't any that I'm aware of. I got this Pikachu is from the Sendai Pokemon Center. There are only keychains and pens, unfortunately. In each Pokemon Center in Japan, there are merchandise for Pikachu, Eevee, Meowth and Oshawott that reference the area. Sendai loves Date Masamune, so...

There's a Sendai Pokemon Center? I'm moving to Sendai at the end of this month!

brb wishing I was on a flight to Japan to visit the Pokemon Centers :<

I'll actually be on a flight to Japan later this month. =S

Macka

I just hatched another shiny :)

359.png

premierball.png
Naive - Super Luck - 31/25/31/31/12/31

I won't be able to use him competitively, but he's still awesome!

I've been looking at my unopened Pokemon X and I want to try something I've always wanted to do: beat the game with a mix of evolved and unevolved Pokemon.

Now I know that everyone says you can beat the game with any Pokemon you want, but I really wonder if that's the case. With grinding I can probably see it, but having unevolved Pokemon in the mix seems to make it quite challenging. Has anyone else done something like this?

I looked at the list of gen 6 Pokemon and decided on Chespin, Braixen, Greninja, Dedenne, Pangoro and Vivillon.

ryan-ts

Does anyone remember a Youtube channel where a guy did bad vocal renditions of Pokemon music? I cannot find it and I figured this would be the best place to ask.

I love how no Pokemon thread in Gaming Discussion can happen without people shitting on new Pokemon...

C'est la vie. There will always be people who think that anything beyond their precious first generation is bad by default.

That said, I'll still knuckledust anyone who says Scrafty is badly designed :mad:

qq more

I love how no Pokemon thread in Gaming Discussion can happen without people shitting on new Pokemon...

gen wars in general are stupid. i really hate it too

you also have people having issues with people asking for gen 1 games on the VC :/

why cant people just enjoy what they want to enjoy new and old?

My take on it is that there are 718 Pokémon now and that allows me to like many more Pokémon than before. It's having a wider range of choices that I feel Pokémon should continue doing, making more and more Pokémon!

What it doesn't mean is that people discredit people's opinions on Gen 1 being better or even having nice memories/feelings just because some of them look 'simple'. Fact: Some of the later Pokémon are also 'simple' in design as well, arguing that only Gen 1 had this is incorrect.

The 151 are part of the 718 and we shouldn't discredit all of them for being the first ones neither should we discredit all of the other 567 for coming afterwards.

zroid

Banned
Did the first episode of XY air in the US today? I'm not sure but I think the final ep of the previous series was today over here. So I guess we're a week behind.

Gonna make my usual attempt at getting into the anime with every new series... let's see if I make it further than with BW (half an episode, lol).

Lexxon

I was like this for a long time. I only played the originals and remakes (LeafGreen, etc) due to just not liking the "look" of Gold + Silver, way back when. Also I was going from middle school to high school and getting super angsty. So there's that.

X/Y is my first in years and I'm really enjoying myself, although I've long since stopped the negative attitude.

Did the first episode of XY air in the US today? I'm not sure but I think the final ep of the previous series was today over here. So I guess we're a week behind.

US had their third episode today, I believe. First episode was 2 weeks ago, not including the "sneak preview" around the game's launch.

zroid

Banned
Ahh I see. That's right, I forgot about the "preview". YTV is too shitty for previews, naturally.
I almost typed "natch", but then I realized I wasn't a douchebag

Top Bottom