• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

pariah164

I know I barely have any Gen III Pokemon, so... Will anyone with a Shiny Charm already be willing to help me fill out my Dex, once I transfer my Bank Pokemon over? Not to keep, just trade, get Dex info, trade back.

Just watched Pokemon Origins on Hulu. It was pretty good, but it REALLY would have benefited from being a full series of 12-26 episodes, way too much was rushed and glossed over.

Caught two more shinies last night, both in the same patch of grass.

cDPqhqa.jpg
q1K2XTR.jpg

I was trying to use the radar to chain for Goomy, but I got Shelmet in a chain instead. Goomy was actually a regular encounter without the radar, haha. So lucky.

Korosenai

Does anyone have a link for that minimalist Pokemon wallpaper? I forget what it's called, but I know they had an image for every Pokemon for the first five gens.

Caladrius

Trozei sequel means we're clearly getting RSE remakes this year.

-

Truly I am the Fairies' chosen.

(fun fact, 2 of those 3 Xerneas EX came from 4 random blisters I bought off the shelf. Everything else was from the booster box.)

Oh year and I got a couple of other cool cards.

Unfortunately I didn't nearly as many good cards as I got from the Legendary Treasures booster box (though that set was probably an outlier.)

one_kill

Seeing those cards makes me wish I didn't stop collecting :\
But I couldn't keep up back then and it was an expensive hobby to maintain

The cards look so awesome

Truly I am the Fairies' chosen.

(fun fact, 2 of those 3 Xerneas EX came from 4 random blisters I bought off the shelf. Everything else was from the booster box.)

Oh year and I got a couple of other cool cards.

Unfortunately I didn't nearly as many good cards as I got from the Legendary Treasures booster box (though that set was probably an outlier.)

Nice cards.

I'm so glad Pokemon cards are still around. So many good times back in elementary trading them during recess/lunch. Someday I will own a Charizard card... someday...

-Horizon-

Don't play with my feelings ;-;

So uh, I haven't played Trozei before, but the new game intrigues me. How does it work?

I haven't played it before either but it reminded me of Puzzles and Dragons.

From what I see it looks like you have one main battle Pokemon against the wild opponent which can be from 1-3 and the number of matches you can make on the bottom screen increases your main Pokemon's attack. KO the opponent and you catch them and can use them later.

Caladrius

1 for retreat seems ridiculously low for a Mega EX, hell Charizard EX has a retreat of 3... I am so confuzled.

I imagine they did it because Y has a much more exploitable weakness. There's simply not that many fairy cards compared to water ones.

Nice cards.

I'm so glad Pokemon cards are still around. So many good times back in elementary trading them during recess/lunch. Someday I will own a Charizard card... someday...

I've never actually gotten to trade them with anybody. (I didn't get that many good cards to begin with though.)

Seeing those cards makes me wish I didn't stop collecting :\
But I couldn't keep up back then and it was an expensive hobby to maintain

The cards look so awesome

This is actually the last time I'll be able to do it for quite awhile. I can see why you'd stop collecting them.

Firestorm

1 for retreat seems ridiculously low for a Mega EX, hell Charizard EX has a retreat of 3... I am so confuzled.
Mega Pokemon are pretty bad in TCG. Retreat is usually loosely based off speed in video game which is why its weird they have them at different retreat costs -- especially considering HP is the same.

This set seems super fire focused based on the trainers revealed. I'm so hyped now!

CorvoSol

Hey, by any chance does anyone have a Kyogre they'd be willing to trade? I don't have much in the way of good things, but I do have those Shiny Dogs from the gamestop giveaway from a few years back. I could trade one of those. Kyogre's the only thing I don't really have.

blamite

By any chance, does anyone have a Tornadus still on their BW/B2W2 cart that they'd mind lending me to get Landorus to appear (I think I can just summon him, leave to trade your Tornadus back, and then catch Landorus later?)? That's the last thing I need to take care of in White before I move my guys up to Y.

I realize everyone's probably transferred all their Pokemon already, but if you haven't this would be a big help!

Seeing those cards makes me wish there was a TCG for the 3DS, like the 2 on the gameboy.

How was the Pokemon TCG game for the GBC. I was quite fond of collecting/trading cards, but never actually sat down to play. Is the GBC game a good representation of the actual card game?

Kyzer

Banned
How was the Pokemon TCG game for the GBC. I was quite fond of collecting/trading cards, but never actually sat down to play. Is the GBC game a good representation of the actual card game?

Fantastic representation. Pretty much perfect. If they don't use their framework for TCG Online in a Wii U and 3DS eshop title I will be very disappointed.

Firestorm

Chances are zero that they do that instead of just porting the current PTCGO to those platforms instead.

Then again it's such a buggy program I doubt that can happen until the next generation.

-Horizon-

Hey, by any chance does anyone have a Kyogre they'd be willing to trade? I don't have much in the way of good things, but I do have those Shiny Dogs from the gamestop giveaway from a few years back. I could trade one of those. Kyogre's the only thing I don't really have.

I have one. Do you have a Groudon you can trade? Or is it shiny gerbil (lol) only? I'm fine with that if that's all you can offer.

By any chance, does anyone have a Tornadus still on their BW/B2W2 cart that they'd mind lending me to get Landorus to appear (I think I can just summon him, leave to trade your Tornadus back, and then catch Landorus later?)? That's the last thing I need to take care of in White before I move my guys up to Y.

I realize everyone's probably transferred all their Pokemon already, but if you haven't this would be a big help!

I can send you a Tornadus from my Black Version and then when you're done you can send me your Thundurus so I can catch Landorus on my cart.

For both of you, if you do want to trade, my Black version FC is 2753-5126-8576.

*starts filling in missing Pokémon in the Coastal and Mountain Kalos Pokédex*

I think I probably should be able to get it done before... uh, this October? I'm aiming really low this time around, seeing as I have about 134 and 123 caught in the respective Pokédex.

CorvoSol

I have one. Do you have a Groudon you can trade? Or is it shiny gerbil (lol) only? I'm fine with that if that's all you can offer.

I can send you a Tornadus from my Black Version and then when you're done you can send me your Thundurus so I can catch Landorus on my cart.

For both of you, if you do want to trade, my Black version FC is 2753-5126-8576.

I only have the legendary dogs, but they're all gamestop shinies, if that's okay.

Top Bottom