• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

During the special preview airing of the new movie, a trailer for Pokémon X & Y was shown and within it, it was announced that a special 3DS LL will be revealed. Due for release in October 2013, the console features a special print of Xerneas & Yveltal on the top case. It is said to come in Blue & Red colours. We'll provide more details and pictures as they come

I assume the trailer will be officially posted online after the movie hits theaters.

Kokonoe

Banned
Haven't played Pokemon Snap in a few years so I played some just a bit ago and it's pretty darn fun. I noticed the control scheme at first was inverted, but you can turn that off which was kinda surprising for me to see that in such an old game.

And, of course, Professor Oak's boogy is still great.

i46s5xKxZMGHQ.gif
dance time
isUF1hZKiXC8s.gif

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why am I hyped by the new anime? I really hope it doesn't fail.

Also Ash looks a bit older than usual. Must be the pants.

qq more

God, I loved Pokemon Snap. It's my favorite spinoff of the franchise even though it was really short and easy. But man, I had a lot of fun regardless.

The music for it was great too:
Valley (probably my favorite)
Cave
Tunnel

Going out on a limb here but I feel Litleo's Normal type is going to turn into something when it evolves. Maybe Dark considering its general colour scheme (although Luxray exists) and the tail looks like a manticore.

JoeM86

I think I might be forgetting something, but didn't the last time someone did that, they got into huge trouble?

I don't think prosecution happened, but Japanese forums were outraged by it, since it was a foreigner, the owner of a certain site, who did it. They found it disrespectful.

Going out on a limb here but I feel Litleo's Normal type is going to turn into something when it evolves. Maybe Dark considering its general colour scheme (although Luxray exists) and the tail looks like a manticore.
A lot of people have been saying they hope it evolves into a manticore, I really hope it doesn't. I've been wanting a lion with a mane of fire for like 13 years.

JoeM86

For those of you in Italy, a special event has been announced. Within the Pokémon Day event in Italy in July 13th and July 14th, you will be able to download a special Pokémon to your Black, White, Black 2 & White 2 games. This Pokémon is a special Team Rocket's Meowth. It's very likely that this event Pokémon will match the special Team Rocket's Meowth that was distributed in Japan in December. That Meowth was Level 15, holds a Smoke Ball and has the moves Fury Swipes, Sing, Nasty Plot and Snatch.

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

Frost_Ace

For those of you in Italy, a special event has been announced. Within the Pokémon Day event in Italy in July 13th and July 14th, you will be able to download a special Pokémon to your Black, White, Black 2 & White 2 games. This Pokémon is a special Team Rocket's Meowth. It's very likely that this event Pokémon will match the special Team Rocket's Meowth that was distributed in Japan in December. That Meowth was Level 15, holds a Smoke Ball and has the moves Fury Swipes, Sing, Nasty Plot and Snatch.

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

lol what a shitty event, pokemon day became a joke .-.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Haven't played Pokemon Snap in a few years so I played some just a bit ago and it's pretty darn fun. I noticed the control scheme at first was inverted, but you can turn that off which was kinda surprising for me to see that in such an old game.

And, of course, Professor Oak's boogy is still great.

i46s5xKxZMGHQ.gif
dance time
isUF1hZKiXC8s.gif

Pokemon Snap is one of my favorite 64 game despite the fact that it's very short game. They had a lot of potential with Pokemon Snap U but they disconfirmed Pokemon Snap U because everyone have camera nowadays which is just stupid excuse for not making the sequel. I want Pokemon Snap U to happens. :-\

harmonize

They had a lot of potential with Pokemon Snap U but they disconfirmed Pokemon Snap U because everyone have camera nowadays which is just stupid excuse for not making the sequel.
Conversely, that does confirm a Pokemon Wii U game is in development, since nobody owns a Wii U.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, no Sableye evolution in the film?

A new evolution for Beeheyem seems odd, he's pretty complete, Maybe it'll be based off the Flatwoods Monster, who I've wanted a Pokemon based on for years.

JoeM86

So, no Sableye evolution in the film?

A new evolution for Beeheyem seems odd, he's pretty complete, Maybe it'll be based off the Flatwoods Monster, who I've wanted a Pokemon based on for years.

No reports of one, and don't assume it's an evolution for Beheeyem. All the poster did was compare appearance

Watch Da Birdie

No reports of one, and don't assume it's an evolution for Beheeyem. All the poster did was compare appearance

Yeah.

I'm wondering, if it's "alien like", maybe Aulotte references a real-life alien sighting or famous alien professor or something.

JoeM86

Jirachi event is now live for Japanese Black, White, Black 2 & White 2 games

Yeah.

I'm wondering, if it's "alien like", maybe Aulotte references a real-life alien sighting or famous alien professor or something.

Well I may have been too hasty in using the Aulotte romanisation. I did a search for the Japanese of オーロット to try and find a meaning and saw it often used as the Japanese form of that name, so I used that. May be best to call it Oorotto for now so we don't quite know the meaning

PK Gaming

During the special preview airing of the new movie, a trailer for Pokémon X & Y was shown and within it, it was announced that a special 3DS LL will be revealed. Due for release in October 2013, the console features a special print of Xerneas & Yveltal on the top case. It is said to come in Blue & Red colours. We'll provide more details and pictures as they come

Praying to Arceus that this comes out in the states. I've been wanting to get a 3DS XL for a long time, but I could never justify getting one... until now.

JoeM86

Praying to Arceus that this comes out in the states. I've been wanting to get a 3DS XL for a long time, but I could never justify getting one... until now.

I would be very surprised if they didn't. Unlike the Charizard and Eevee 3DS LLs, these actually have meaning. The Reshiram and Zekrom DSis came, afterall. The decor on the 3DS LL is said to be reminiscent of these too

Kokonoe

Banned
They most likely will, they would be silly not to add Pokemon bundles outside of Japan.

Pokemon Snap is one of my favorite 64 game despite the fact that it's very short game. They had a lot of potential with Pokemon Snap U but they disconfirmed Pokemon Snap U because everyone have camera nowadays which is just stupid excuse for not making the sequel. I want Pokemon Snap U to happens. :-\

Pokemon Snap is lovely, it's the only time where you can really interact with a Pokemon in the wild. Hey You, Pikachu! has some nice interaction as well, although in a different way.

To be honest, I don't really find Pokemon Snap too short due to the style of game it is, you can have a lot of ways to interact and experience the levels, the secret paths, and the trying to get specific shots really add to the replay value.

That was quite an illogical statement, but it doesn't surprise me. Hopefully they'll reconsider eventually because this is the one game that could truly show off the Wii U's hardware.

Conversely, that does confirm a Pokemon Wii U game is in development, since nobody owns a Wii U.

image.php

ash_ag

I wonder if Oorotto is the Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy/Victiny of the gen... Beheeyem isn't necessarily all that cute (Elgyem is pretty fun though :p), but Victiny was first shown on a similar event on the summer before BW.
And so came the whole PokeBeach fiasco.

Also, I was thinking about whether they'd change the cute Legendaries into Fairy-types rather than Psychic-types. Celebi obviously works as a Fairy, being a forest spirit. Jirachi grants wishes, which is something Fairies often do. Manaphy is directly based on a fairy, and is also a pure Water-type, so, they'd just have to add a type. Mew just works look-wise, and they'd also only have to add a type rather than change one. As for Victiny, well, not as well as the rest, but arguably it works as a fairy just as good as it works as a creature with psychic attributes.

JoeM86

I wonder if Oorotto is the Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Manaphy/Victiny of the gen... Beheeyem isn't necessarily all that cute (Elgyem is pretty fun though :p), but Victiny was first shown on a similar event on the summer before BW.
And so came the whole PokeBeach fiasco.

Right situation, wrong part.

This isn't akin to the Victini reveal at the end of the movie trailer for next year. This is akin to Patrat being shown in a trailer for Pokémon Black & White that accompanied the movie. This was a X & Y trailer and it was featured within that.

Also, I'll only accept Celebi as part Fairy if it is an alternate form that is Grass/Fairy. Otherwise no, don't mess with it :p

I was hoping that the X and Y XL would be a single unit with blended reds and blues. I'd drop my Red XL for one of them.

How does it work when transferring your content from a 3DS to a 3DS with a game digitally included? Is the game wiped out?

JoeM86

I was hoping that the X and Y XL would be a single unit with blended reds and blues. I'd drop my Red XL for one of them.

How does it work when transferring your content from a 3DS to a 3DS with a game digitally included? Is the game wiped out?

I think it varies. I have read of the pre-installed game not transferring with the rest of the stuff

Kokonoe

Banned
I'm wondering if Newtwo will be Fairy or Fairy/Psychic? Also kind of curious about it's stats, I'm doubting it'll have a higher Sp. ATK stat since Mewtwo's is insane enough as is. Maybe it'll be a defensive form or something, but that would still be weird if it was since it would be essentially Deoxys.

Watch Da Birdie

Newtwo apparently is not related to the old Mewtwo, and the old one isn't mentioned at all (not surprising), plus, it's not actually super fast, it's got the power to slow time.

Kokonoe

Banned
Newtwo apparently is not related to the old Mewtwo, and the old one isn't mentioned at all (not surprising), plus, it's not actually super fast, it's got the power to slow time.

I haven't kept up with movie news, but that's sounding like Dialga. And there are two genetically modified cloned Mews now?

JoeM86

Just to clarify for others since the way you worded it iffy, that's the new Mewtwo in the movie not being related to the Mewtwo from the first movie. Not the form not being related to Mewtwo in general

Kokonoe

Banned
That's kind of weird since that Mewtwo has appeared in the actual anime (Mewtwo special), and there's no way there can be two Mewtwo since the guy who made him and all his work is destroyed.

Sounds like good ole plot device.

Top Bottom