• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

DaBoss

Team Aqua's plan seemed to involved heavy rain that would never end.

They probably would have been better of if they just made Kyogre use Hydro Pump or some other water shooting move to raise the water levels. I mean seriously, they have Pokemon that have an infinite supply of water. They didn't need a legendary Pokemon to raise water levels.

Why am I thinking like this? What did you guys do to me?

Regiruler

Finally heading back to my B2W2 challenge mode run (essentially designed to be my first run but I was up to the strange house previously). Roserade essentially one-shot everything clay had.

Current team is Lucario, Dewott, Crobat, Swadloon, Roserade, and Arcanine. I plan on replacing Swadloon with Joltik for Electric/Bug which is other than the removed swadloon both types unshared by my party.

I'm working on completing my Pokedex right now in X. Going through the first 2 gens, the Pokemon I'm looking for are:

Clefairy
Venonat
Vulpix
Ponyta
Koffing
Chansey
Horsea
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Crobat
Natu
Kingdra
Raikou

Also missing a few others that I can't remember. I have every starter and many other Pokemon I can trade, and for the legendaries I have 2 Mewtwo's, Cresselia, and every gen 5 dog I can trade. Friend code is 2062-9351-1313.

-Horizon-

If I've learned anything from Pokemon legends it's that they are always true.
image.php

Arceus better watch its back.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Eh Gen 2 started it with Lugia being able to kill anything by just flapping its wings and shit.

No one cares about rainbow turkey tho HAHAHAH

Lugia and Ho-oh don't break the 'rare and powerful' theme. I mean, they're not hyped up as gods or anything. They're just incredibly strong Pokemon, and ancient ones at that. There's a difference between "Lugia's wings pack devastating power - a light fluttering of its wings can blow apart regular houses. As a result, this Pokémon chooses to live out of sight deep under the sea." and Groudon, who moves continents.

Lugia and Ho-oh don't break the 'rare and powerful' theme. I mean, they're not hyped up as gods or anything. They're just incredibly strong Pokemon, and ancient ones at that. There's a difference between "Lugia's wings pack devastating power - a light fluttering of its wings can blow apart regular houses. As a result, this Pokémon chooses to live out of sight deep under the sea." and Groudon, who moves continents.

Ho-oh can bring the dead back to life...

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Ho-oh can bring the dead back to life...

Aged 8 or so, I always treated that as myth, rather than something Ho-oh could actually do. After all, it's only ever said in the context of the three legendary dogs, and is never actually talked about in any other situation or ever mentioned as relevant. I always just thought it was a Johto legend for where such rare and powerful Pokemon came from. It was nicely vague and left to your own imagination.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm more laughing at the fact that people think Lugia is the "master" of the birds even though that shit is anime only, and even then only movie anime which makes it even less canon.

-Horizon-

Going off of "pokemon stuff I don't get" something I didn't understand is why you need a Relicanth and a Wailord to unlock the regis in R/S. Any one care to explain this requirement they made?

Zeroth

Going off of "pokemon stuff I don't get" something I didn't understand is why you need a Relicanth and a Wailord to unlock the regis in R/S. Any one care to explain this requirement they made?

It was a japanese pun, if I remember correctly. Needless to say, it did not translate well (if at all) on other releases.

Mr Buddy

So did anybody see that rumor of
junicha masuda having a trainer card with 758 pokemon? I hate to jump to conclusions, but it looks like Z might be bigger than we thought

Caladrius

junicha masuda having a trainer card with 758 pokemon? I hate to jump to conclusions, but it looks like Z might be bigger than we thought

I'm not inclined to believe that until I see it myself. X and Y have no data for additional pokemon aside from Mega
Lati@s

X and Y would at least require an update for that to work, and there's the problem of how to do that when not everyone has an internet connection.

DaBoss

Where did the rumor come from?
I'm not inclined to believe that until I see it myself. X and Y have no data for additional pokemon aside from Mega
Lati@s

X and Y would at least require an update for that to work, and there's the problem of how to do that when not everyone has an internet connection.
There are 3 additional Pokemon beyond that Mega Evolution, one of which was revealed, Diancie.

They can send the updates locally by using another person's 3DS couldn't they? I remember that was an idea that was for the 3DS.

Caladrius

Where did the rumor come from?

There are 3 additional Pokemon beyond that Mega Evolution, one of which was revealed, Diancie.

They can send the updates locally by using another person's 3DS couldn't they? I remember that was an idea that was for the 3DS.

I already factored in the event pokemon. I have no idea about updating over local wireless. Did Mario Kart 7 do any such thing?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Yeah, I saw the rumor.

We have 3 Events pokemon that would push the numbers to 721

People speculated that it could counted Mega Evolution as well. I don't know about that since we only have 30 mega evolution, which would push the numbers into 751. If they actually counted Mega Evolution then we might have 7 more mega evolution in Z. If Mega Evolution numbers isn't counted in the poke-trainer card then we might get least 37 new pokemon.

No I have not seen this rumor :0

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2014/03/140307_p01.html

agensKE.png

-Horizon-

Yeah, I saw the rumor.

People speculated that it could counted Mega Evolution as well. I don't know about that since we only have 30 mega evolution, which would push the numbers into 751. If they actually counted Mega Evolution then we might have 7 more mega evolution in Z. If Mega Evolution numbers isn't counted in the poke-trainer card then we might get least 37 new pokemon.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2014/03/140307_p01.html

agensKE.png

dun dun dun :O

#hype?

Mr Buddy

Yeah, I saw the rumor.

I'd be alright if they added a new part to the region, like bw2. Like southern Kalos or something.They could throw in a couple gyms, add in some new pokemon and mega stones, and I'd be totally alright with that.

-Horizon-

Apparently I never saved the game when I last played Black 2 so I need to go and recatch Zekrom and Kyurem :/

Hey, how does the Iceberg key work? IR only? Or can it go over internet connection with a friend?

Boss Doggie

Hey, let's take a trip to memory lane during Pokemon XY leaks/news.

Man I was so in love with Pangoro reveal as well as the fossil evos

Boss Doggie

And in hindsight, Greninja not having exposed bubbles makes sense. Its pustules is its source of bubbles, like a professional ninja.

Top Bottom