• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also as far as design goes, Gen VI has the best fossils.

God I orgasmed when the evos were revealed. And I was pretty indifferent with Aurorus until I saw its 3D model. So magnificent.

Presumably Pangoro will be far better in Z (assuming Game Freak doesn't decide they like Pangoro having barely any movepool).

Elemental Punches/Drain Punch/Sucker Punch would be nice.

I liked Greninja's design but I actually thought it was fake because it didn't seem to logically follow from Froakie and the other evolution, so I was pretty happy when he turned out to be real.

Macka

I thought the leaked Greninja stats screen was fake the first time I saw it. It just looked weird and not at all like it was connected to Froakie/Frogadier.

I really like him though.

-Horizon-

I guess I'll just ask here too then. I don't need Victini. All I need is Rufflet or Braviary. So please, if you're still playing White or White 2 and have those two, it would be really awesome if you can trade them to me. I don't have much to offer though I can give you Black 2's Vullaby or Mandibuzz. Send me a PM if you can help.

Frost_Ace

I want to use pixelate Sylveon in doubles, can you guys suggest me a good set? I was thinking something like this:

Sylveon @ Sitrus Berry

Bold 252HP/252DEF/6SPATK.

Hyper Voice
Shadow Ball/Psyshock
Reflect
Helping Hand

but maybe it has too little attacking power :/

-Horizon-

Never mind about Braviary, I chanced myself at the GTS and got one for a reasonable trade of
Staraptor.
There be some crazy people asking for level 9 legendaries SMH
ancient Helix news I know but it still surprises me

octopiggy

How far do I have to get in Pokemon Emerald before I can start migrating pokemon into Platinum? Can you do it straight away to get all the starters?

b1Khmfm.png

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=593541

Anustart

So my daughter really wants some pokeballs with pokemon plushies inside them. Does anyone know of some place where I can order quality ones? Don't want some junk, cheap looking things :)

So I got to Join Avenue in Black 2. I accidentally have 2 raffle shops. Am I stuck with two raffle shops or can I get one of them removed at some point?

backlot

So I got to Join Avenue in Black 2. I accidentally have 2 raffle shops. Am I stuck with two raffle shops or can I get one of them removed at some point?

I'm pretty sure you can replace them but I don't remember how exactly. You might need to fill up the rest of the Avenue first.

So its like the lottery. Welp.

It was fun though.

Load it up with junk Pokemon and maybe you won't get junk Pokemon back.

Actually made me at times just randomly catch stuff since I knew I would probably Wonder Trade it.

Also, a lot easier to get additional IDs for the in-game lottery.

blamite

Wonder Trade is awesome. When I as IV breeding Mareeps and Litwicks, I'd wonder trade out all the rejects it like 2-4 perfect IVs, and I got a lot of junk back but also a bunch of other people's breeding rejects that I can use later on if I want to breed those Pokemon.

-Horizon-

I hope the gen 3 remakes lets you switch out between the new music and old music like in HG/SS.

Lilycove remix

I want it to be announced so bad.

It was fun though.

Load it up with junk Pokemon and maybe you won't get junk Pokemon back.

Actually made me at times just randomly catch stuff since I knew I would probably Wonder Trade it.

Also, a lot easier to get additional IDs for the in-game lottery.

Gonna give it a try later then, if anything for the laughs and or rage.

I traded 30 Luvdisk on there once from chain fishing rejects and I ended up getting a pretty good haul. I seem to remember getting a pretty good 5IV Karrablast and a couple of other 3-4IV Pokémon as well. Sure you'll get your fair share of Fletchling and Bunnelby but you'll also get pretty good stuff too.

Jeeves

Hey guys, I got Y version about a week ago, and for a while I could sync with GL just fine, but for the past four days or so it's just been telling me the server is busy. I can only assume this is the case for everyone? Any idea how long outages like this tend to last?

I saw they were doing maintenance yesterday, but it doesn't seem to have fixed this.

Daemul

About to take on the 7th gym in Black, I've really enjoyed playing the game, it's amazing. The importance of HM's being drastically reduced to near redundancy and TM's being given unlimited uses are changes I've wanted to happen for a long time, now my wish has been granted, and it feels so damn good.

Here's my team so far, all level 41.

250px-503Samurott.png

250px-555Darmanitan.png

250px-567Archeops.png

250px-530Excadrill.png

250px-548Petilil.png

Yes, thats right, I haven't made my Petilil metamorphosize yet, I'm doing an Ash :p. Nah, I'm just waiting for her to learn all her moves first before making her evolve. I've made the mistake before of evolving Pokemon who evolve with the use of stones too early, which prevents them learning moves they can only learn in their pre-evolved forms. Never again.

I still can't figure out which Pokemon to choose for my sixth slot, tbh I don't actually need a 6th Pokemon . I might just go with the tried and tested and get a Dragon type, we'll see.

Haxorus cause it's easier to get, you can get it earlier and less of a hassle to raise.

And you'll probably get its final form before beating the Elite 4.

Caladrius

I wish Volcarona only evolved at level 45 or so instead of fucking 59.

One of my favorite pokemon is basically unusable in the maingame and that is a cardinal sin.

I find your lack of Scrafty disturbing.

Seriously, the little guy can faceroll the 3/4 of the Elite Four and the Champion with ease. You should definitely be using it.

I wish Volcarona only evolved at level 45 or so instead of fucking 59.

One of my favorite pokemon is basically unusable in the maingame and that is a cardinal sin.

Well Black/White is basically terrible in keeping the evolution levels of Pokemon you get late reasonable.

Daemul

Yeah, after doing some research, I'll probably choose Haxorus. Hydreigon looks cooler but it reaches its final form at level 64! That is ridiculous. I've just faced the 7th Gym leader whose Pokemon were in the high 30's range, there's no way in hell the Elite 4 and Champion are going to have Pokemon high enough levelled to make raising an Hydreigon worthwhile.

It's not like in Platinum where Candice had Pokemon in the mid-40's range, so you could tell that the Elite 4 were going to have Pokemon ranging from the low-high 50's with the Champion having some Pokemon in the low 60's, raising an Hydreigon would make sense in this scenario, but this is not the case in Black.

If you're going to make Pokemon evolve at such a late stage, please increase the levels of everyone else so that raising the Pokemon is worthwhile. Hopefully this is the case in Black 2.

Sure would be cool if that Darkrai promotion came to America.....

Wonder how many years til I can get Deoxys or Mew legitimately....

I should really march my Jirachi from Ruby up to X.

EDIT: Figured out a way to do it myself! You need three DSs and a second copy of B/W/B2/W2. Simply keep switching the second game back and forth between the second and third DS, generating a new FC each time and registering yourself each time.

*Also posted on X/Y board*

Guys I know this is off topic but I can't create threads yet and I thought this might be the most active place to post this. As most of you know Nintendo WFC is shutting down May 20. I think five medals in Black2/White2 are already now imposible to get due to having to connect to the dream world. However, there are a few that can still be obtained until May 20 only.

Register friends into the Pal Pad. There are medals for registering 1,5,10 and 32. However, for the codes to register not only do we have to add eachother but we also have to be in the union room at the same time (middle lady in the Pokemon center).

If someone wants to make a topic for this, or uses this topic to help me (and possibly eachother) I will be very grateful. If you can add me, post your code, and let me know when you are in the union room through here or private message that would be great. I know this is a long shot.. but what can I do :(

My friend code: 4170 8678 1091

-Horizon-

I think Genesect and Meloetta were the only ones I remembered to get.

Gen 5 is the only gen where I bought both games months after their releases. I'm trying to never do that again
thank god I didn't do this to gen 4 or I would never have gotten Arceus or Darkrai

I think I missed a bunch of events since I was too stubborn to go to/near a Gamestop and stand around waiting to download my free legendary.

Top Bottom