• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Daemul

Just been reading some Pokemon stuff and I came across some theory about the 3 Legendary Beasts being Eeveelutions. The evidence for it is very compelling but it makes me feel more sorry for Flareon. The poor thing has to be killed in order to become good.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
TkYQy8N.jpg

hahahah oh wow

Boss Doggie

Oooo why can't march 20 come sooner!

EDIT: Yo Joe, what's wrong with one of your updates in the site. It's incomplete! :p

backlot

Just been reading some Pokemon stuff and I came across some theory about the 3 Legendary Beasts being Eeveelutions. The evidence for it is very compelling but it makes me feel more sorry for Flareon. The poor thing has to be killed in order to become good.
Nah, Entei is terrible too.

Boss Doggie

Double post for news:

kVdYkF2.jpg

l2jGMPE.jpg

dbsulMp.png

From serebii

The first details of the upcoming special, Mega Evolution Act I have been revealed. This special, due to air on April 3rd in Japan, focuses on a new character called Alan, as well as the Elite Four member Siebold, with other new characters Manon, Louis and Ayaka as they travel and unlock the secrets of Mega Evolution. Alan's goal is to defeat every single Mega Evolution to prove himself as the strongest trainer.This goal leads him to Siebold who has got a Mega Evolution of his own.

Important question; does Pokemon Ranch require WiFi to connect Diamond to the game from DS to Wii and am I able to get Mew even when WiFi shuts down?

It's the only way to get a personal Mew in a sense without an event. I'd like to try and try it until I get a Shiny Mew.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno, it gets redundant after Crystal.

I mean, that applies to the games too.

#REKT

I agree it's taken a downwards turn lately, although I don't think that's true of Crystal. I really like the RSE and Sevii arcs, it started running down during DPPt. I do think, however, it remains much more compelling than the anime, if only because the characters actually develop and evolve.

Boss Doggie

Oh u

Despite being a Pokemon fan the only stuff I liked in the series, merchandise aside, are the main games, and specific spinoffs (Pinball and PMD). The anime is guilty pleasure for me.

Busaiku

I've only been watching all the episodes since Unova.
Didn't even see all of the Kanto or Orange Islands.
Missed tons of Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh.

I mean, that applies to the games too.

#REKT

I agree it's taken a downwards turn lately, although I don't think that's true of Crystal. I really like the RSE and Sevii arcs, it started running down during DPPt. I do think, however, it remains much more compelling than the anime, if only because the characters actually develop and evolve.

I think the only arc of Special where it kinda drags is the Black/White arc right now. I did start enjoying it a bit more once White started becoming a competent trainer at least.

Oh and I guess Ruby/Sapphire's whole the world is ending going on for 2-3 volumes.

lupinko

Oh they sell Megavolution plushies now, the new ones were mewtwo x, lucario and ampharos, I forget if there was an Absol. That stuff is so tempting! Lol

No one able to answer my question above? :(

Also, who here has legitimately obtained Mew from Ranch themselves and/or Jirachi from the Colosseum Bonus Disc, also themselves?

Pretty sure it uses local wireless, not Wi-Fi, so you'll be fine. Just don't expect a shiny Mew from Ranch, Hayley's is shiny-locked and there's no clever work-around like with Manaphy. The only way to get a shiny Mew is to do the Old Sea Chart event in Emerald, which is impossible to do on an English game because we never got it. You could get someone to either hack the item into their Japanese Emerald and try your luck getting a shiny there, or just get one from the many people who have clones on DNS spoofing sites before Nintendo Wi-Fi shuts down.

As for Jirachi, the Colosseum Bonus Disc will still work as long as that file has never obtained a Jirachi from it. All you need to do to keep getting a new Jirachi is to get the Pokedex on a new file, then trade it away and start another file. It can also be used for shinies as it can generate 10-30 unique shiny Jirachi. However, the chances of it doing this are extremely rare and you can't take Jirachi into X/Y anyway, so there's really not much of a point until Game Freak recognizes shiny Jirachi as a thing that can happen.

Pretty sure it uses local wireless, not Wi-Fi, so you'll be fine. Just don't expect a shiny Mew from Ranch, Hayley's is shiny-locked and there's no clever work-around like with Manaphy. The only way to get a shiny Mew is to do the Old Sea Chart event in Emerald, which is impossible to do on an English game because we never got it. You could get someone to either hack the item into their Japanese Emerald and try your luck getting a shiny there, or just get one from the many people who have clones on DNS spoofing sites before Nintendo Wi-Fi shuts down.

As for Jirachi, the Colosseum Bonus Disc will still work as long as that file has never obtained a Jirachi from it. All you need to do to keep getting a new Jirachi is to get the Pokedex on a new file, then trade it away and start another file. It can also be used for shinies as it can generate 10-30 unique shiny Jirachi. However, the chances of it doing this are extremely rare and you can't take Jirachi into X/Y anyway, so there's really not much of a point until Game Freak recognizes shiny Jirachi as a thing that can happen.

Bulbapedia claims Mew can be shiny as only the Pokemon with static natures can't be. My idea was to get to where she asks for the Egg, copy the save file to my PC, then do the thing, get Mew, if it's not shiny, then delete the save file and import the copy from my PC and repeat, hopefully going back to where she asks for the Egg before the game generates Mew.

I did read on Bulbapedia that Jirachi won't pass the legal check, but shouldn't that just be the shiny version? This includes ALL from the bonus disc? Damn. :(

I have a non shiny WISHMKR Jirachi from a friend's bonus disc that transferred to Gen VI just fine. Might just be shiny ones.

What are its IVs? Are you able to clone it? I'd look in the GPS or something, but I'd prefer as legit as possible and it'd be hard to tell from there. Hacks have gotten through haven't they?

What are its IVs? Are you able to clone it? I'd look in the GPS or something, but I'd prefer as legit as possible and it'd be hard to tell from there. Hacks have gotten through haven't they?

I don't have any way to clone it, and I don't have my 3DS on hand to check IVs.

IIRC, The bonus disc Pokemon in all regions were meant to be shiny locked, but weren't because of a programming error. I assume not letting them through the bank is a retroactive way of shiny locking them. It should still be possible to use the bonus disc and transfer a non shiny one from Gen III up to X/Y, though.

Top Bottom