• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

So PokeGAF

Recently I have made statements around GAF lambasting you for things which I have realized are the fault of few and not many and basically acting like PokeGAF is a hivemind. I realize this makes me look like a total tool and was super uncool of me to do that, so this is me coming into PokeGAF and formally apologizing to the community for dragging your community's name through the mud over a small, petty grievance. I am truly sorry and look forward to being able to challenge the league when I get my team put together.

Thank you for the time.

Eh, some of us like it in the mud.

CorvoSol

Was I part of that few? :(

Probably not. After talking about it with Scrafty I came to realize that what I was doing was leveling fire at PokeGAF for things people said in Pokemon threads on Gaming Side, which was stupid and unfair since I should know by now that the people who crap up Gaming Side threads are rarely the members of communities and also because I should know better than to treat a community like a hivemind.

So PokeGAF

Recently I have made statements around GAF lambasting you for things which I have realized are the fault of few and not many and basically acting like PokeGAF is a hivemind. I realize this makes me look like a total tool and was super uncool of me to do that, so this is me coming into PokeGAF and formally apologizing to the community for dragging your community's name through the mud over a small, petty grievance. I am truly sorry and look forward to being able to challenge the league when I get my team put together.

Thank you for the time.

S'all cool, bro. Everyone makes mistakes, and the fact that you're able to own up to and apologize to yours makes you a bigger man than most.

Espeon is super-cool, by the way. Third-best Pokémon ever.

Frost_Ace

Can anyone help me? I need the exact amount of EVs a Blastoise with neutral nature in speed need to always outspeed rotom w with neutral nature in speed and 6 EVs (at lv 50)

I dunno how to calculate them.

DaBoss

Yea, I'm pretty sure most people who post in these threads don't participate in most Gaming side Pokemon threads.
Can anyone help me? I need the exact amount of EVs a Blastoise with neutral nature in speed need to always outspeed rotom w with neutral nature in speed and 6 EVs (at lv 50)

I dunno how to calculate them.
There are a bunch of calculators for stats-based stuff online. Personally I use this: http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/

It pretty much has everything covered for calculating stuff, so that's why I use it.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yea, I'm pretty sure most people who post in these threads don't participate in most Gaming side Pokemon threads.

There are a bunch of calculators for stats-based stuff online. Personally I use this: http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/

It pretty much has everything covered for calculating stuff, so that's why I use it.

In fairness, this thread serves a particular niche of the general Pokemon demographic; there are a wide array of Pokemon fans who don't necessarily fit into that niche.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
More like I rarely visit Gaming side aside from specific threads which I subscribe on.

Looking back some Pokemon threads made my head shake a bit.

CorvoSol

S'all cool, bro. Everyone makes mistakes, and the fact that you're able to own up to and apologize to yours makes you a bigger man than most.

Espeon is super-cool, by the way. Third-best Pokémon ever.

I really dig Espeon. I actually like its regular coloring more than the shiny kind, though, haha.

You're cool with me. What's your opinion on Sableye?

I don't normally use Ghost types, but I remember thinking Sableye was cool cuz it was Ghost/Dark. It's a neat little design, that's for sure.

I think the only Gen where there are designs I actually out and out don't like is Gen 4. Even then, Gen 4 had some I like a lot, like the Eevolutions and Abomasnow.

DaBoss

So what's PokeGAF's favorite Champion theme? You can just post whatever your favorite is. Here is a video with every champion theme and the various versions of each of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa1EPRpRo08

Mine is the Sinnoh Champion (Cynthia) Theme, specifically the Black 2/White 2 version.

It has nice rhythm and a great back beat to it. The background instruments sound louder and the electronic keyboard sounds better compared to the original. All together it just makes for a nice piece of music.

So what's PokeGAF's favorite Champion theme? You can just post whatever your favorite is. Here is a video with every champion theme and the various versions of each of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa1EPRpRo08

Mine is the Sinnoh Champion (Cynthia) Theme, specifically the Black 2/White 2 version.

It has nice rhythm and a great back beat to it. The background instruments sound louder and the electronic keyboard sounds better compared to the original. All together it just makes for a nice piece of music.

Easily VS Lance/Red Theme. Hits that perfect spot of nostalgia/epicness. Also has various awesome remixes, this one being my favorite.

What about best town music? Personally my favorite, and one that I think is highly under appreciated is Oreburgh City. The melody was so cute that I always found myself visiting the town to just listen to it. It made me want to break out all my mons' out of their balls and dance along side them Charlie Brown style.

Frost_Ace

Steven/Wallace or Iris' for me

ffdgh

I like almost all of them with no clear favorite. Alder's theme does nothing for me.

CorvoSol

Mine is Vs Blue/Lance but more because of Lance than Blue. I mean that final reveal was great back when I was like, 11, but I like Lance because I'm a sucker for Dragon Type.

Speaking of, do Mega Gyarados and Mega Aerodactyl become Dragon Types or no?

DaBoss

Thanks for the answers so far.
I like almost all of them with no clear favorite. Alder's theme does nothing for me.
lol same here. I like nearly all of the themes (though not all variations and have a clear preference for Cynthia's theme), but Alder's...what did they do lol.
Speaking of, do Mega Gyarados and Mega Aerodactyl become Dragon Types or no?
Mega Gyarados becomes Water/Dark and Mega Aerodactyl is still Rock/Flying.

CorvoSol

Thanks for the answers so far.

lol same here. I like nearly all of the themes (though not all variations and have a clear preference for Cynthia's theme), but Alder's...what did they do lol.

Mega Gyarados becomes Water/Dark and Mega Aerodactyl is still Rock/Flying.

Lance's team would be super weird nowadays, haha.

"Dude, you're rocking a Pterodactyl, a Carp, a Seahorse and a Sheep."

"THEY'RE DRAGONS MAN."

I think that Diantha's theme is actually my favourite. It just fills me with so much joy every time I hear it, and from a musical theory standpoint, it's brilliantly composed. An awesome theme fitting for the finale of an awesome game.

-Horizon-

Cynthia or Steven.
They've both got that magic touch to their themes.

I think that Diantha's theme is actually my favourite. It just fills me with so much joy every time I hear it, and from a musical theory standpoint, it's brilliantly composed. An awesome theme fitting for the finale of an awesome game.

Diantha is the best! All hail the PokeQueen!
n75iUkw.jpg

I just had a strange dream where I was browsing through a Pokémon-related thread created here by myself and looking through the replies.

I refreshed the page.

My username changed into "Cirnius" and I'm tagged "Ninvern". o_O

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
My opinion consistently changes as to whether Green/Blue or Cynthia was the better champion. In the end, taking the position solely of champion, I think Cynthia was better, but I think when you consider the build-up between the player and Green/Blue over the whole game, the final battle just has that extra poignancy regardless of its position as a champion fight or not. In the end, I'm quite happy to call it a draw between the two.

Green/Blue = Cynthia > Steven > Lance > Wallace > Alder > Diantha.

The only two I actively dislike are Alder and Diantha, who were both incredibly underwhelming battles, accompanied by boring music.

Caladrius

I liked Diantha's music but not Diantha.

My favorite champion is Steven because fashion. And his team features a lot of my favorite Hoenn pokemon.

Zelias

Banned
Diantha is a boring character, other than being Champion her most notable feat is saying 'no u' to Lysandre. Nice theme, though.

Would any gaffers be able to help me out?

I transferred my White 2 Pokemon to X through Poke bank, I went back to white 2, ready to transfer over my Pearl team without realising I can't reach the transfer lab without beating the Elite Four.

As I traded over all my mon to X I can't get them back onto White 2, I've got all 8 badges but now have only lvl 30s and stand no chance of beating the Elite Four.

Would anyone be kind enough to give me a few high levels so I can blitz through the E4 and transfer my Pokemon back from Pearl?

They don't have to be good, just high level.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Pokemon Google Map is entertaining.

But to say it's "a better showing" than say Trozei Battle is stupid.

Top Bottom