• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Code:
|     RBY     |     GSC     |     RSE     |     DPPL     |     BW2     |
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PJPgagY.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5KgeGyw.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ou9y8Zr.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ihqmZKb.png[/IMG]  [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tyB4GBa.png[/IMG]
Only the best Pokemon of course.

But then what is -insert Pokemon- doing there?

zroid

Banned
Code:
|     RBY     |     GSC     |     RSE      |     BW2     |
----------------------------------------------------------
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PJPgagY.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5KgeGyw.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ou9y8Zr.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tyB4GBa.png[/IMG]
Only the best Pokemon of course.

You have superb taste

Theorymon

So... have any of you played Hey You Pikachu before? That game is so hilariously terrible! One of the weirdest things about it is that you can get Pikachu to eat almost anything if you try hard enough. For example, I've made Pikachu eat: Magnets, Swords, Light Bulbs, and even Balloons (and yes, they pop if he tries to eat them lol)! And of course, the voice recognition sucks, so sometimes Pikachu does stuff like electrocutes me.

Also, there's a hilarious mission in the game where you have to make Pikachu go shopping at Abra's store (which is inside a tree for some reason), and you have to make Pikachu think hes being independent by going stealth... aka, walking around inside a cardboard box. Metal Gear anyone?

Finally, sometimes Pikachu would start throwing these weird brown objects that had fumes coming out of them at me... they sorta looked like turds o_O.

Does anyone else have any amusing memories from this so bad its good game?

You've heard about how he gets really mad if you say 'Sony' or 'PlayStation', right?

I haven't played the game otherwise. I'm not sure it even came out here.

EDIT: Hey you kids remember when I said I was gonna play all of the mainline Pokémon games in the leadup to XY? Well I only just started that.

Spr_1b_004.png

let's do this

EDIT 2: Brock is a dead motherfucker.

Spr_1b_005.png
Spr_1b_021.png
Spr_1b_025.png
Spr_1b_032.png

entremet

You've heard about how he gets really mad if you say 'Sony' or 'PlayStation', right?

EDIT: Hey you kids remember when I said I was gonna play all of the mainline Pokémon games in the leadup to XY? Well I only just started that.

Spr_1b_004.png

let's do this

Spr_1b_005.png
Spr_1b_021.png
Spr_1b_025.png
Spr_1b_032.png

Go for a complex Dex too lol.

Theorymon

Spr_1b_004.png

let's do this

Spr_1b_005.png
Spr_1b_021.png
Spr_1b_025.png
Spr_1b_032.png

I dare you to spice up your run through by getting some glitchmons via the Mew glitch! (and maybe Mew as well).

Also... according to Bulbapedia, there are actually Pokemon games for the Pico... which means that there are actual official Pokemon games for a freaking Sega Console! I mean sure they're educational, but it still sorta blows my mind!

Delio

Spr_1b_004.png

let's do this

Spr_1b_005.png
Spr_1b_021.png
Spr_1b_025.png
Spr_1b_032.png

aww I kinda want to do this.

Okay, I'm totally gonna train a battle-ready Azumarill from scratch - need to see how long getting one ready actually takes.

edit: ...after watching this Melee match :p

Spr_1b_005.png
Spr_1b_022.png
Spr_1b_025.png
Spr_1b_034.png

Y'know, if Lt. Surge stopped being Fatmerican he might have won.

Also I can't remember what's coming up in future routes. I'm planning on ditching Fearow and Pikachu/Raichu and picking up Hitmonlee and somebody else in particular.

Theorymon

Spr_1b_005.png
Spr_1b_022.png
Spr_1b_025.png
Spr_1b_034.png

Y'know, if Lt. Surge stopped being Fatmerican he might have won.

Also I can't remember what's coming up in future routes. I'm planning on ditching Fearow and Pikachu/Raichu and picking up Hitmonlee and somebody else in particular.

If you want to really stick it to the E4, you could get a Dugtrio, save up on ethers / exliers, teach it Fissure, and get a bunch of PP Accuracies. Unlike other gens, an Accuracy boost will mean that OHKO moves will always hit in gen 1.. so grind Dugtrio to hit any grounded mons with Fissure, and the E4 doesn't stand a chance!

Of course if you want to go more legit, maybe you should get your 4 leaf clover and try to catch a Chansey!

25 minutes in - forgot that I have no Adamant Ditto, plus I have to work on getting a male Bidoof. Cycling in front of Daycare until I get something.

If you want to really stick it to the E4, you could get a Dugtrio, save up on ethers / exliers, teach it Fissure, and get a bunch of PP Accuracies. Unlike other gens, an Accuracy boost will mean that OHKO moves will always hit in gen 1.. so grind Dugtrio to hit any grounded mons with Fissure, and the E4 doesn't stand a chance!

Of course if you want to go more legit, maybe you should get your 4 leaf clover and try to catch a Chansey!

IIRC Speed is also a contributing factor for OHKO moves.

Alchemy

The hell is a PP Accuracy? X Accuracy?

MikeMyers

Gengar is actually really good in RB. The AI mostly uses Normal moves, and he gets Psychic/Thunderbolt for coverage.

The whole fighting gym in Saffron cannot touch Gengar, hilarious.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
To be fair, it remains to be seen whether or not any of the info in those leaks was actually fake. A lot of it has been confirmed so far but I haven't seen anything debunked yet.

I recall that Tai_Lee, or whatever, came out and said he made up most of the second batch to cover his tracks or something.

The Kanto Starters seems to be true, though, as that's been hinted in merchandise and was in the original rumors Mageleif starters, but Pangoro, Inkay, Malimar, Espurr, and Meowstick are false.

Ah man, have to start over on this one for one of the moves - fresh start sucks :p

But in any case, getting 3/4 of the moves I need (Aqua Jet am cry), the process took abt. 2 hrs.

Greatest amount of time was spent on leveling up and EV training - most of this was due to me training on White, since I hadn't leveled up my Join Avenue as much as I would've liked :x

To be strict, I want to try this again after doing better pre-planning, rather than just popping int eh cart and going at it.

Spr_1b_005.png
Spr_1b_022.png
Spr_1b_026.png
Spr_1b_034.png
Spr_1b_065.png

I'm gonna ditch Alakazam for Exeggutor once I get to the Safari Zone. The nerds in #PokeGAF were particularly mad about this.

Also Erika had a weed overdose exacerbated by my team.

backlot

Ah man, have to start over on this one for one of the moves - fresh start sucks :p

But in any case, getting 3/4 of the moves I need (Aqua Jet am cry), the process took abt. 2 hrs.

Greatest amount of time was spent on leveling up and EV training - most of this was due to me training on White, since I hadn't leveled up my Join Avenue as much as I would've liked :x

To be strict, I want to try this again after doing better pre-planning, rather than just popping int eh cart and going at it.

Did you actually try for IV's this time? I'd also suggest you try using BW2 next time just for the improved breeding mechanics.

Did you actually try for IV's this time? I'd also suggest you try using BW2 next time just for the improved breeding mechanics.
Only HP and Atk - too bad only 1 Power item passes at a time...

I happened to already have a Ditto with all 31s, but I forgot that all my natured Dittos are in SS - so I settled for Bashful.

Nevertheless, I'll see what I can do on the next round - I'll have to actually get a Totodile from my other game to finish up.

JoeM86

This is worth noting here, too

The Global Link has updated with an notice regarding the Pokémon Global Link. First, the Global Link will open up for a special X & Y version on October 12th 2013, after a 12 day long maintenance from the start of October.

However, from January 14th 2014, various Pokémon Black, White, Black 2 & White 2 features will go offline.
Game Sync will go offline on December 10th 2013.
The Dream World will go offline on October 12th 2013, as will new user registration.
The GTS tracking for Gen V ends on January 14th 2014 and Rating Mode on Random Matchup goes offline on January 14th 2014.
The ability to do WiFi Memory Link in Black 2 & White 2 also goes offline on January 14th 2014.

It's currently unclear what features the new Global Link will have

http://ja.pokemon-gl.com/about/e_notice/

ash_ag

Wow, this must suck for people who spent a lot of time playing on the Dream World. Couldn't they at least extend the date so that people can more safely document their DW stuff? I guess this also probably means the Dream World isn't returning for Gen VI. I can't say it was brilliantly implemented, but it was a good idea and IMO they could have done more with it.

The rest also end way earlier than they should. No Game Sync from December on? What do we do with all those wallpapers now? :p Rating Mode also had no reason to go. I skipped the Gen V competitive scene, but I imagine the metagame differs between Rated and Non-Rated battles.

I really hope Gen VI Global Link will have a more long-term vision. They are excused for Gen V, since this is their first time implementing the idea, but they should think more ahead now that they have this experience.

Kokonoe

Banned
Is this a special run of Red and Blue or just a normal one? Gengar is fine for beating the game.

Looks like Eric Stuart decided to reprise his role as Brock one last time.
It's Teenage Pokemon, so feel free to stop the video right after his ~30 second part ends.

Best voice.

So... have any of you played Hey You Pikachu before? That game is so hilariously terrible! One of the weirdest things about it is that you can get Pikachu to eat almost anything if you try hard enough. For example, I've made Pikachu eat: Magnets, Swords, Light Bulbs, and even Balloons (and yes, they pop if he tries to eat them lol)! And of course, the voice recognition sucks, so sometimes Pikachu does stuff like electrocutes me.

Also, there's a hilarious mission in the game where you have to make Pikachu go shopping at Abra's store (which is inside a tree for some reason), and you have to make Pikachu think hes being independent by going stealth... aka, walking around inside a cardboard box. Metal Gear anyone?

Finally, sometimes Pikachu would start throwing these weird brown objects that had fumes coming out of them at me... they sorta looked like turds o_O.

I have, although on the flip side, I actually thoroughly enjoyed it. Cooking Bulbasaur's Stir Fry is da bomb.

Refyref

Finally ordered a 3DS! (XL) I'm almost ready for Pokemon!
It should be here in ~3 weeks. I think. I've never ordered stuff from Canada before.

This is worth noting here, too

That sucks. I don't use it much, but it's helpful. At least there's still some months left.

Top Bottom