• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

DaBoss

They uploaded some stuff about the event for the movie as well. I saw something interesting.

http://youtu.be/3JKo-DX3_SU?t=2m29s
eventpokemondsyhf.png

Though I don't understand what it says, it seems like they require you to keep the games updated to be able to receive event Pokemon.

Sleepwalker

Anyone got a spare rotom? I really can't wait till tuesday(again) lol, i'll trade good stuff for him or if anyone is kind enough to loan me one and let me breed him that would be great.

nvm, got one.

CassSept

I finally got around to playing Black/White and holy moly the level curve in this game is hilarious.

Elite Four's Pokemon levels 48-50. N's Pokemon levels 50-52. Ghetsis' Pokemon levels 52-54.

Credits roll.

Suddenly everything is 65+.

Wha-?

JoeM86

They uploaded some stuff about the event for the movie as well. I saw something interesting.

http://youtu.be/3JKo-DX3_SU?t=2m29s
eventpokemondsyhf.png

Though I don't understand what it says, it seems like they require you to keep the games updated to be able to receive event Pokemon.

It's a serial code event. That event requires you to go online for verification. You cannot go online with any part of the game unless you have the latest patch.

Wichu

I finally got around to playing Black/White and holy moly the level curve in this game is hilarious.

Elite Four's Pokemon levels 48-50. N's Pokemon levels 50-52. Ghetsis' Pokemon levels 52-54.

Credits roll.

Suddenly everything is 65+.

Wha-?

Yeah, but most of the level 65 Pokémon are awful unevolved ones. There's a few troublesome trainers, but overall it's not actually that hard.

Macka

Of his 3 signature moves the only one that seems to be worth anything is Thousand Arrows since it hits Flying and Levitating Pokemon, which is rad as shit.
Doesn't Thousand Waves trap the opposing Pokemon? If that's true, I think the drop to 90BP over Earthquake could be worth it in some movesets. I guess it depends on how fast Zygarde is in his new forms/mega evolution.

CassSept

Well ummm dunno if it's the right thread to ask yhis but maybe, since it's BW related? Is there anyone here with Black who still has untransferred Tornadus? I want to catch Landorus so I'd be very grateful if someone could borrow me Tornadus for literally half an hour (I already have Thundurus). Or should I try one of the other threads?

Yeah, but most of the level 65 Pokémon are awful unevolved ones. There's a few troublesome trainers, but overall it's not actually that hard.

Yeah I noticed I'm progressing rather smoothly through eastern Unova. Such a bizarre jump though, it's like anti-Johto.

Riposte

Random thoughts:

Poison should be hit neutral by Grass. (Still super effective against it.)

Electric should be hit super effective by Grass.
Water should be hit super effective by Poison.

Psychic should be hit not very effective by Fairy.
Ice should be hit not very effective by Dragon.

When a Pokemon has double weakness to a move it should only do 3x damage.
When a Pokemon has double resistance to a move it should do at least 1/3 damage.

Utter madness? I give you permission to call me stupid.

Anyway, Black/White 2 with Challenge Mode is the best Pokemon campaign.

JoeM86

We now have another postponed ep.

It has been announced by TV Tokyo that the originally planned episode due to air this week in Japan, The Castle on the Seabed! Skrelp & Dragalge!!, has been postponed. This episode featured Ash & co. investigating a sunkern ship and city with Skrelp and Dragalge. The reasoning for the delay has yet to be confirmed but presumably relates to an incident last week. In its stead, the next episode, The Cyllage Gym Match! Pikachu VS Tyrunt!! is to air. It's unknown when the episode will eventually air.

Busaiku

You know, I thought that the path for Ash & the gang to get to Cyllage City was pretty bad, but 4th gen had much worse pacing problems.

We now have another postponed ep.

It has been announced by TV Tokyo that the originally planned episode due to air this week in Japan, The Castle on the Seabed! Skrelp & Dragalge!!, has been postponed. This episode featured Ash & co. investigating a sunkern ship and city with Skrelp and Dragalge. The reasoning for the delay has yet to be confirmed but presumably relates to an incident last week. In its stead, the next episode, The Cyllage Gym Match! Pikachu VS Tyrunt!! is to air. It's unknown when the episode will eventually air.

Man, the Pokemon anime is super unlucky with these kinds of things.

CassSept

Well, at least that episode isn't that much of a quality breaker anyway (unlike something important).

There was one plot-centric episode about Team Plasma causing an earthquake right after 3/11 earthquake, right?

As ArchedTunder, wow they're unlucky. Off the top of my head that's the third time they accidentally were to air current events-related ep (I remember that Whiscash episode back in AG or something).

DaBoss

I don't know anything about the XY anime, but Espurr should be a recurring Pokemon or one of Pokemon they caught. If it isn't, then TPCi screwed up. >_>

Ultimadrago

I had a dream that I was participating in a Pokemon VR game where a group would be released into various arenas while avoiding a number of Pokemon attacks.

I forgot how one "got points", but it was awesome. One of the encounters I remember better was being chased down by a Scizor that used Flash Cannon which "annihilated" me in-game . Frightening in the moment, freakin' fun in retrospect.

GameFreak, violent Man-Hunting Pokemon Safari VR game soon please.

lupinko

I don't know anything about the XY anime, but Espurr should be a recurring Pokemon or one of Pokemon they caught. If it isn't, then TPCi screwed up. >_>

Yeah you'd think that, and speaking of it and its evolutions, guess what's new at the Pokemon Center? Besides all those Dedenne that Masuda took a pic with.

M8ktI0C.jpg

Top Bottom