• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder why the parent is making a wanted poster of their child.

Also are there Tyrunt / Tyrantrum plushies?

-Horizon-

Yeah you'd think that, and speaking of it and its evolutions, guess what's new at the Pokemon Center? Besides all those Dedenne that Masuda took a pic with.

M8ktI0C.jpg
Its so cute, I want it D:

SHarris78

Just started playing my first Pokemon game EVER (Pokemon Fire Red on GBA) and I think i'm enjoying it. I'm one of those who saw it as a game for young children only and gave it a miss, I think that may have been a mistake.

I'm not quite sure whats going on at the moment, i've just beaten the first gym guy (he had rock Pokemon) when I used my water Pokemon (Squirtle?) against him and defeated him really quickly. I assumed rock would soak up water and i'd lose big health but it seems it works on the principle water erodes rock? I don't know, it's more like a science lesson than a game!

Seems a little 'grindy' early on - trying to level up caught Pokemon to be able to beat the trainers you meet along the way by walking in the grass, battling, leveling up, going back to the Poke Centre to heal......maybe thats how the game works?

Enjoying it on the whole though.

spiritfox

Just started playing my first Pokemon game EVER (Pokemon Fire Red on GBA) and I think i'm enjoying it. I'm one of those who saw it as a game for young children only and gave it a miss, I think that may have been a mistake.

I'm not quite sure whats going on at the moment, i've just beaten the first gym guy (he had rock Pokemon) when I used my water Pokemon (Squirtle?) against him and defeated him really quickly. I assumed rock would soak up water and i'd lose big health but it seems it works on the principle water erodes rock? I don't know, it's more like a science lesson than a game!

Seems a little 'grindy' early on - trying to level up caught Pokemon to be able to beat the trainers you meet along the way by walking in the grass, battling, leveling up, going back to the Poke Centre to heal......maybe thats how the game works?

Have fun.

It's a bit grindy since you have to train up your newly caught Pokemon, but once you've a team up, you can basically move through the game just battling the trainers you meet and not have any problems with regards to levels. Or you can just plow through the game only using your starter, but that's boring.

A great way to level up Pokémon is to put your weaker Pokémon at the front of the party and then swap them out with a stronger one to take out the opponent easy. It splits the exp between the two meaning you can level multiple Pokémon at once.

Make sure you have a nice team of 6 each with roughly the same levels between them and you should be fine.

Have fun with the games, it'll be interesting to hear what you think of it overall.

Be careful, I Chespin almost all the time on Skype. :p

On another topic, I finally completed the National Pokédex a few days ago. Let them Shiny Pokémon come to me.

(And, again, I got a 31/30/31/30/31/31 Timid Articuno about a week or two before that. To quote someone on an IRC chatroom, "you fcuking [sic] lucky bastard.")

Grats, I hope you get better luck than me. I've only found 1 shiny since getting my shiny charm (And it was from chain fishing so it doesn't really count imo)

Well, my luck in shinies has been the GTS, somehow people send me shinies.

Grats, I hope you get better luck than me. I've only found 1 shiny since getting my shiny charm (And it was from chain fishing so it doesn't really count imo)

Well, my luck in shinies has been the GTS, somehow people send me shinies.

Most of my Shiny Pokémon are of the "not even expected" variety. I have only one Shiny Pokémon that I bothered to make effort to catch - I got a decent Shiny Horsea for my troubles.

I don't even actively seek out Shiny Pokémon, but now that I have the Shiny Charm... I think it probably is a good idea for me to, you know, try.

CassSept

Wow so out of nowhere. Hard to tell at that angle if they are megas or not, they certainly glow more than og Kyogre and Groudon did.

DaBoss

It says in the trailer "Explore A Dramatic New World!" so maybe they are going to change a lot of things. Like reducing the surfing a lot. A LOT.
I like the names and boxart

But are those Mega Groudon and Kyogre or the regular ones?
New formes, mega evolutions, or promotional designs. Who knows.

Keyouta

So, Pokémon is now a yearly franchise. Thoughts?

Also, I was kind of hoping they'd be announcing the next games in 2015, giving X and Y at least a year to themselves. Wonder how it'll affect sales. I guess they gotta push more 3DSes somehow, given the decline.

At least every game moving forward will have a worldwide launch.

-Horizon-

So, Pokémon is now a yearly franchise. Thoughts?

Also, I was kind of hoping they'd be announcing the next games in 2015, giving X and Y at least a year to themselves. Wonder how it'll affect sales. I guess they gotta push more 3DSes somehow, given the decline.

At least every game moving forward will have a worldwide launch.

I've always considered Pokemon a yearly franchise. They skipped one year in gen 5 or something. Some just don't include the remakes as part of the mainline release and only new gens.

Zeroth

Well, fitting that my favorite Pokemon game's remake is coming on my birthday's month. Already secured the OT, so if the release date is on November 12th then I'll know Iwata Samurai Masuda loves me.

Frost_Ace

Megas wishlist:

Mega Swampert @ mold breaker

Mega Sceptile @ Technician (?)

Mega Metragross (steel/dark) @ Adaptability

Mega Flygon (bug/dragon) @ Tinted Lens

Mega Tropius @ thick fat

Mega Cacturne @ prankster

So I guess there is a lot of crow eating to be had for some people now.

They have slightly altered designs, more noticeable on Kyogre's head so I'm gonna say those are Mega evolutions.

Also Groudon's tail.
I don't know if they are megas though, I think they might just be new forms titled "Omega Groudon" and "Alpha Kyogre", but I could be way wrong.

-Horizon-

So I guess there is a lot of crow eating to be had for some people now.

Also Groudon's tail.
I don't know if they are megas though, I think they might just be new forms titled "Omega Groudon" and "Alpha Kyogre", but I could be way wrong.

I'd take new forms too.

Hopefully the community thread starts picking up steam again with this announcement.

This announcement makes me so happy. This fall's gonna be PACKED with great games.

Oh, and ORAS might be my favourite abbreviation in the series, if only because it reminds me of this:

tumblr_l7p2m4Qp0u1qzko5l.jpg

When's Star Platinum version

I made a comparison of the original legendaries and the Omega and Alpha versions so people could see just how different they actually are.
fzbi31h.png

These don't scream Mega to me, they look more like "awakened" alternate forms.

Wonder if they are going to get weighed down by being forced to have a held item for these new forms if they aren't Megas.

I also guess Mega Lati@s will finally appear too.

Interestingly, the Japanese logos for the games have the Omega and Alpha symbols in the same place where the Mega symbol went on the X and Y logo.

Omega and Alpha Evolution confirmed?

-Horizon-

Controversial(?) opinion time:

They should have 2D artwork come up when you are talking to important NPCs. I didn't like the use of the models in XY. They were just there.

Toxi

Banned
I hope the Regi puzzle is expanded in the remakes. I want entire dungeons for each Regi after you do the braille commands at the entrance: One with Strength boulder puzzles for Regirock, one with sliding ice puzzles for Regice, and one with conveyor belts for Registeel.

And Regigigas needs to be in after you get all three.

Controversial(?) opinion time:

They should have 2D artwork come up when you are talking to important NPCs. I didn't like the use of the models in XY. They were just there.
I'd like this, but I'd prefer it to be on the second screen so it doesn't block anything.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I think there's an Alpha and Omega symbol because they're not in X/Y, but needed something to differentiate a Pokemon with two mega evolutions.

*cough Deoxys cough*

Top Bottom