• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

-Horizon-

I hope the Regi puzzle is expanded in the remakes. I want entire dungeons for each Regi after you do the braille commands at the entrance: One with Strength boulder puzzles for Regirock, one with sliding ice puzzles for Regice, and one with conveyor belts for Registeel.

And Regigigas needs to be in after you get all three.

I'd like this, but I'd prefer it to be on the second screen so it doesn't block anything.

Ohhh that sounds good. Its not like they were using the bottom screen for anything during dialogue.

I don't like it either, but I don't see why you would hate them helping with secret bases. It has tons of furniture and customization options.

Yeah, Animal Crossing's house customization is way deeper than the secret bases from RSE. To not want it just because it's from Animal Crossing is dumb.

injurai

Banned
Hopefully GF can square away some of the issues in XY. The lack of universal 3D, the awful city planning of Luminous and the even worse camera management. Improving EV training. I hope they make the game harder. It doesn't have to be over all, but I'd like certain areas where catch rates are much lower, and the Legendaries to be more of a challenge. Gen 3 is still the best legendary hunting around, I hope it's not gimped.

todd360

Hey does anyone know if any give away pokemon events have happened for xy? I got the celebi but I wasn't sure if any others have been released in merica.

DaBoss

Hopefully GF can square away some of the issues in XY. The lack of universal 3D, the awful city planning of Luminous and the even worse camera management. Improving EV training. I hope they make the game harder. It doesn't have to be over all, but I'd like certain areas where catch rates are much lower, and the Legendaries to be more of a challenge. Gen 3 is still the best legendary hunting around, I hope it's not gimped.
You should give up your dreams of universal 3D now. I think it was even said in the trailer that some parts will be in 2D.

Personally, I would hope they disable 3D all together to get some performance boost (it is an option in MH3U and made a difference, I think other games have it as well).
Hey does anyone know if any give away pokemon events have happened for xy? I got the celebi but I wasn't sure if any others have been released in merica.
There was the Torchic event that happened in the first 3 months since the release of XY.

No other Pokemon were given away in the west. Maybe at tournaments, but those are a bit different.

todd360

There was the Torchic event that happened in the first 3 months since the release of XY.

No other Pokemon were given away in the west. Maybe at tournaments, but those are a bit different.

Thank you. I got the Torchic. Forgot to mention that. I had assumed one of those new legendarys would have been released by now.

Keyouta

Universal 3D won't happen, but I hope they'll put in a difficulty option.

-Horizon-

So I played Ruby back in 200..3? Or was it 2004?

This year, will be going Sapphire remake. Sticking with that blue theme I've got going on with most of Pokemon games I have.

So I played Ruby back in 200..3? Or was it 2004?

This year, will be going Sapphire remake. Sticking with that blue theme I've got going on with most of Pokemon games I have.

I lost interest in Pokemon after Crystal and came back for a bit with FRLG but then stopped again and didn't REALLY come back to the Pokemon franchise permanently until Diamond and Pearl. I rented Emerald but I've pretty much barely touched Hoenn, so I'm excited even if I have watch LPs. I'ma pick Sapphire because Groudon is a giant electric hair trimmer.

Mr. RHC

I made a comparison of the original legendaries and the Omega and Alpha versions so people could see just how different they actually are.
fzbi31h.png

These don't scream Mega to me, they look more like "awakened" alternate forms.

=O, when did they announce this beauty?

-Horizon-

I lost interest in Pokemon after Crystal and came back for a bit with FRLG but then stopped again and didn't REALLY come back to the Pokemon franchise permanently until Diamond and Pearl. I rented Emerald but I've pretty much barely touched Hoenn, so I'm excited even if I have watch LPs. I'ma pick Sapphire because Groudon is a giant electric hair trimmer.

I think around Middle School to High School was when I didn't really play Pokemon. All I know is that I got to part of Gen 4 and the whole of Gen 5 really late.

Now everyone is going to speculate on the Dianond/Pearl remakes.

If they don't call them Flawless Diamond/Perfect Pearl I'll be a sad panda.

Macka

I doubt (and would be disappointed if) those were the Mega Evolutions of Groudon/Kyogre. Seems more likely that they could be depicting them about to Megavolve, or we're reading way too much into this and they're just slightly stylized. Haven't we seen Kyogre and Groudon glow before?

I doubt (and would be disappointed if) those were the Mega Evolutions of Groudon/Kyogre. Seems more likely that they could be depicting them about to Megavolve, or we're reading way too much into this and they're just slightly stylized. Haven't we seen Kyogre and Groudon glow before?

It reminds me of how Black and White's instruction manual covers feature Zekrom/Reshiram with their tail turbines radiating. Its probably just a stylistic choice to make the covers look "epic".

They glow a different color, and besides they aren't just glowing, their designs are different.
fzbi31h.png

It's also been pointed out that the new tail tip for Groudon is the same as Yveltal's and the new tail for Kyogre looks like the top of the X in the Pokemon X logo. They've never "stylized" a Pokemon like this before. They are new forms for sure, but we don't know if they are just forms or Mega Evos yet.

Toxi

Banned
It reminds me of how Black and White's instruction manual covers feature Zekrom/Reshiram with their tail turbines radiating. Its probably just a stylistic choice to make the covers look "epic".
Groudon and Kyogre already have that though; Groudon's lines glow blue, Kyogre's glow red. Obviously that isn't happening on the covers.

Plus, there are some differences in the designs like the extra lines on Kyogre's face, the transparent parts on the fins, and the tiger stripes on Groudon's belly.
It's also been pointed out that the new tail tip for Groudon is the same as Yveltal's and the new tail for Kyogre looks like the top of the X in the Pokemon X logo. They've never "stylized" a Pokemon like this before. They are new forms for sure, but we don't know if they are just forms or Mega Evos yet.
I'm not seeing it. Groudon's tail looks the same only with the blades slightly splayed out, and Kyogre's looks almost exactly the same same for what look like some translucent parts.

Thinking about it, now that Ruby and Sapphire are getting a remake/sequel/something, wonder how they'll showcase this in the anime.

HG/SS got Lyra to appear for a couple of episodes doing whatever and promoting things.

Are they going to drag May back to the anime (which already happened) or actually establish Brendon as an actual character. Assuming one of the two doesn't get Lyra'd or something.

DaBoss

We don't really have enough details to get an idea. :/

I'm pretty excited to see what it is. Hope we get some info and footage at E3.

Zeroth

Thinking about it, now that Ruby and Sapphire are getting a remake/sequel/something, wonder how they'll showcase this in the anime.

HG/SS got Lyra to appear for a couple of episodes doing whatever and promoting things.

Are they going to drag May back to the anime (which already happened) or actually establish Brendon as an actual character. Assuming one of the two doesn't get Lyra'd or something.

All new series starring Brandan and May in a different continuity and inspired on Origins, except it's full fledged.

Sakurai pls

-Horizon-

Don't they usually choose the playable female character to animate?

Groudon and Kyogre already have that though; Groudon's lines glow blue, Kyogre's glow red. Obviously that isn't happening on the covers.

Plus, there are some differences in the designs like the extra lines on Kyogre's face, the transparent parts on the fins, and the tiger stripes on Groudon's belly.

I'm not seeing it. Groudon's tail looks the same only with the blades slightly splayed out, and Kyogre's looks almost exactly the same same for what look like some translucent parts.

I guess it is sorta reaching, but it doesn't change the fact that their designs are different, too different to just be stylistic choices for the covers.

Hi, Pokemon community thread!

My school year is over so I've got a lot of spare time, which made me realize a backlog of four pokemon games I need to get through. I just opened up my SoulSilver and it's got the PokeWalker and everything in it. Is using the PokeWalker worth it? Does it really give me enough benefits that I should bother, or could I leave it in the box and not really miss out on anything? Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom