• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Joqu

Gonna quote myself from the XY OT because it got overlooked:

Is there any way to buy multiple passes in Pokémon Bank? I'm not seeing one which is kind of weird. I mean they say your Pokémon will be deleted after a while once your pass expires but wouldn't everyone's pass expire if they don't have that option?

Maybe I'm just missing something idk

injurai

Banned
How often do you guys trade up between generations? I'm thinking about bringing all my guys I left in Diamond and Sapphire into SoulSliver. Some of them are severely jacked-up with HMs though, and I just got to the move deleter Blackthorne.

I've typically never bother trading up more than a few. But now that PokeBank is a thing it can be worth it to trade everything up one time. Still it's hell doing it all one by one. I'd make a calender plan, now way I'm losing an entire day to that.

Wichu

Gonna quote myself from the XY OT because it got overlooked:

They're deleted some time after the pass expires. If you buy a pass while you already have an active one, then the new one gets added to the current one anyway (at least that's how it worked with the demo pass + 1-year subscription).

Joqu

They're deleted some time after the pass expires. If you buy a pass while you already have an active one, then the new one gets added to the current one anyway (at least that's how it worked with the demo pass + 1-year subscription).

Well yeah but I don't see any option to buy a new pass while having an active one, that's why I'm asking. Am I being really dense and not noticing the option or are they actually going to let everyone's pass expire after their subscription ends? Because the latter seems like it'd make for lots of lost Pokémon, even if they aren't deleted straightaway.

BnPH18gCcAA9jsu.jpg

I swear to God if this is a Pokemon Center exclusive

Riposte

Imagining a neat rule set for online battles: Pokemon Drafts.

Three to six participants enter a shared room and a pool of 20-50 random pre-made Pokemon is presented. Each player take turns picking a Pokemon to add to their team until they all have three-six Pokemon. Then they battle round-robin style.

Btw, this thread title is annoying because of the e won't be picked up by ctrl+F. Is it an issue with searching? I remember a mod cracking down on the title for the FFXIV ARR OT I was working on for something much smaller.

Imagining a neat rule set for online battles: Pokemon Drafts.

Three to six participants enter a shared room and a pool of 20-50 random pre-made Pokemon is presented. Each player take turns picking a Pokemon to add to their team until they all have three-six Pokemon. Then they battle round-robin style.

Btw, this thread title is annoying because of the e won't be picked up by ctrl+F. Is it an issue with searching? I remember a mod cracking down on the title for the FFXIV ARR OT I was working on for something much smaller.

Just use "Pok" or "mon community".

Well yeah but I don't see any option to buy a new pass while having an active one, that's why I'm asking. Am I being really dense and not noticing the option or are they actually going to let everyone's pass expire after their subscription ends? Because the latter seems like it'd make for lots of lost Pokémon, even if they aren't deleted straightaway.

The option probably doesn't appear until the timers becomes to run near the end, and since it's yearly passes I'm pretty sure the timer is nowhere close. Those who renewed after the demo trial can probably say for sure since it's the closest scenario we got to an expiry time. And plus you can still access the bank even after it expires to withdraw pokemon.

Joqu

The option probably doesn't appear until the timers becomes to run near the end, and since it's yearly passes I'm pretty sure the timer is nowhere close. Those who renewed after the demo trial can probably say for sure since it's the closest scenario we got to an expiry time. And plus you can still access the bank even after it expires to withdraw pokemon.

Thanks for the reply. I missed the boat on the trial so I wasn't aware that's how it worked. I was just wondering because I tend to be incredibly forgetful. :s

blamite

Thanks for the reply. I missed the boat on the trial so I wasn't aware that's how it worked. I was just wondering because I tend to be incredibly forgetful. :s

Yeah I'm pretty sure that a few days before the trial ended (I think it was probably 3-5 days beforehand?) I got the option to buy a pass.

Has anyone heard about a DVD or Blu Ray release of Pokemon Origins in North America? I really hope that Pokemon USA isn't thinking that a one time screening on their app is any good.

Village

The best teddie Is fancy shirt " Hello ladies" teddie.

YOYOYO

Pokie peeps.

Got a question, jumping years into the future.

What features or things that got introduced in this gen of pokemans, would you like to see improved upon or focused on next gen?

The best teddie Is fancy shirt " Hello ladies" teddie.

YOYOYO

Pokie peeps.

Got a question, jumping years into the future.

What features or things that got introduced in this gen of pokemans, would you like to see improved upon or focused on next gen?
The whoop dee do on the side of his head kills it for me.

I want them to focus on the world being more 3D by design. XY while being fully 3D was designed like it was just another top down 2D game. The world was very flat(but with layers) and everything was squared. I want them to make the world look more organic and natural.

This is fucking great.

lupinko

I finally get to start my White 2 playthrough, and thanks to dream radar and Wishmaker, I'm going to start with:

Tornadus T
Thundurus T
Landorus T
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Hooh
Lugia

Beldum
Riolu
Porygon
Munna
Rotom
Swablu
Ralts
Driftoon
Togepi

After Cheren I can trade over Adamant Mesprit (those farmed shards will be put to use) and Sassy Wishmaker Jirachi with Stealth Rock and Body Slam along with the Sinjoh Dragons' orbs.

Beats just using the same starters all over again eh?

Top Bottom