• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

*for some reason is doing some Pokémon music streaming*

Makes me appreciate the music more.

I kind of want to just get off my butt and preorder Omega Ruby right now, by the way.

-Horizon-

I've never preordered a Pokemon game. I've always just walked into the store and bought it on the first day. Never found whatever bonuses they had to be any good.

FSLink

Banned
So I got a Japanese 3DS LL and Pokemon X.

Anybody know if you can use the same Pokemon Bank if I have a Japanese 3DS LL + JPN X and US 3DS XL + US Y?

From Pokemon Bank's FAQ I saw the below, but I was curious on how it actually works...can I login with the same NNID on both 3DS's without any problems?
I am playing a US version of Pokémon X or Pokémon Y on a US-version Nintendo 3DS and a Japanese version of Pokémon X or Pokémon Y on a Japanese Nintendo 3DS. If I want to put all of the Pokémon I've collected in these games in one Pokémon Bank, can I download Pokémon Bank on either my Japanese or my US Nintendo 3DS system and insert the Game Cards for the different regions in it? Will Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter be limited by regional restrictions?
APokémon X and Pokémon Y have regional restrictions and cannot be played on a system from the Nintendo 3DS family that is not from the same region as the Game Card. However, Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter are made to work with all regional versions of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, so you can insert Pokémon X or Pokémon Y games from any region into the Nintendo 3DS system that you have downloaded Pokémon Bank into, and deposit and withdraw your Pokémon as you like.

However, please note that Nintendo makes no guarantee for the performance of software or systems in the Nintendo 3DS family when used outside their intended regions. If any trouble should occur when using software or systems outside their intended regions, you will not be able to receive any support beyond the country where the software or systems were made to be sold.

FSLink

Banned
I'm pretty sure an NNID is tied to one 3DS. You would have to create a separate one for the JP 3DS.

Yeah that's what I thought too but the FAQ is confusing, haha. I already created a JPN NNID but I'm willing to remove it if I can somehow share a bank between the two.

EDIT: v Got an alternate link? twimg is blocked at work for me.

L.O.R.D

saw this on my twitter feed

BpSV6fTCYAAqfec.jpg

i am sure this is hacked , but why Nintendo didn't release this ?

FSLink

Banned
Rereading it, I think it's saying that the 3DS will read a Pokemon game from outside its region just for Bank? So I can put JPN X in my US 3DS and have it read in Bank just fine, but won't be able to actually play it on my US 3DS of course due to region restrictions. I'll try it out when I get home.

CorvoSol

Wow, I caught Xerneas in one try. Catching Pokemon is (thankfully) so much easier in this game. Also: was there anything in Terminus cave worth getting aside from Shadowball? Like, I know there's a legendary in there but I didn't think I could get that until post League.

Also I bought a Mega Stone from a dude at the Stone Emporium, and Serebii claims I can buy another from him, but all he does is talk about janglin' stones now. Did I miss something?

Seil

Wow, I caught Xerneas in one try. Catching Pokemon is (thankfully) so much easier in this game. Also: was there anything in Terminus cave worth getting aside from Shadowball? Like, I know there's a legendary in there but I didn't think I could get that until post League.

Also I bought a Mega Stone from a dude at the Stone Emporium, and Serebii claims I can buy another from him, but all he does is talk about janglin' stones now. Did I miss something?

Xerneas is actually slightly harder to catch than Reshiram/Zekrom, but the same as Dialga/Palkia. Not accounting for critical captures, of course. Their rates are much higher than third legendaries like Kyurem or older ones, though.

Don't think there's anything of import til you revisit later, no. And the other stone he sells is also post-league I believe.

Xerneas is actually slightly harder to catch than Reshiram/Zekrom, but the same as Dialga/Palkia. Not accounting for critical captures, of course. Their rates are much higher than third legendaries like Kyurem or older ones, though.

Don't think there's anything of import til you revisit later, no. And the other stone he sells is also post-league I believe.

Really? I caught Xerneas in a single Quickball at the beginning of the battle.

CorvoSol

So I can just hold off on that until then. Also, what's the best way to get Style? I've just been buying gateau en masse. It's not much style points, but at 80p a pop it isn't that costly to do it that way.

Same here!

Gosh, though, getting the version exclusives is going to be my final hurdle. I don't exactly have cool stuff to trade and I'm gonna have to find ways to get all those Y exclusive stones and Yveltal. Also the other 2 starters from this gen.

So I can just hold off on that until then. Also, what's the best way to get Style? I've just been buying gateau en masse. It's not much style points, but at 80p a pop it isn't that costly to do it that way.

Same here!

Gosh, though, getting the version exclusives is going to be my final hurdle. I don't exactly have cool stuff to trade and I'm gonna have to find ways to get all those Y exclusive stones and Yveltal. Also the other 2 starters from this gen.

You get one of the starters when you beat the E4, the one you are strong against.

Seil

Xerneas/Yveltal have a capture rate of 30, Reshiram and Zekrom are 45. Old legendaries and third entries are usually only a rate of 3. Kyogre and Groudon are something like 5.

Needless to say, 30 is really easy when you grew up with Mewtwo etc.

-Horizon-

Back in my day, we had to work to get our Legendaries. Dang birds could even dodge a thrown ultra ball. Kids these days got everything served to them on a silver platter *grumble grumble*

Back in my day, we had to work to get our Legendaries. Dang birds could even dodge a thrown ultra ball. Kids these days got everything served to them on a silver platter *grumble grumble*
The hours I spent in RBY catching the birds. I miss that, made them feel like truly powerful Pokémon.

Master Ball Entei or Lugia? I had Lugia asleep with a chip if health left and all my Ultra Balls didn't do shit.

I was actually just dealing with this problem. I have this thing about wanting to catch every Pokemon in a Poke Ball. I threw like 40 at Lugia before it started struggling and killed itself. So I decided to give up, go buy some Ultra Balls and just get it over with. Once again, got it paralyzed and at about 1% hp. Threw my 15 ultra balls. None of them took. Looked in my bag. Saw that Master Ball staring at me. Taunting me. Threw a Poke Ball for kicks. "Lugia has been caught!" Sweet victory.

EDIT: I guess that's my way of addressing how much easier it is to catch legendaries, as mentioned above. Poke Ball only games are the way to go. I remember Palkia in particular being a bitch. In fact, I get pissed off looking at the Pokemon I caught in the Safari Zone, since I know they'll always have those Safari Balls on their page instead of that perfect red and white.

Kind of as a warmup to the rereleases, and kind of so I could grab more old legendaries, I restarted the old Ruby version. Golly, things fly along a lot quicker if you just beef up one or two Pokemon the whole way. Beat Steven in 8:52:29, I have no idea how people can do it in just over two hours.

FSLink

Banned
Rereading it, I think it's saying that the 3DS will read a Pokemon game from outside its region just for Bank? So I can put JPN X in my US 3DS and have it read in Bank just fine, but won't be able to actually play it on my US 3DS of course due to region restrictions. I'll try it out when I get home.

So this does work btw if anyone was curious. I put my JPN Pokemon X in my US 3DS and it's readable by Bank~

Caladrius

When did low catch rates stop being a thing with cover legendaries? Gen 4?
*You threw a pokeball at Giratina. It phased through Giratina!* That should've been a thing
There's a joke here somewhere.

Gen V, when they were first mandatory.

Giratina can't get enough of them balls.

I'm sorry

Okay not really.

Clemont looks like someone is holding him at gunpoint.

Also that shipping bait.

Sometimes it does make me wonder if Poké Ball catch rate mechanics have changed in X and Y, seeing as I had no trouble catching past non-cover legendary Pokémon in there at all - I expect things to be jobs by the sixth ball, if not the second. (Then again, I tend to use specialty balls.)

-Horizon-

Sometimes it does make me wonder if Poké Ball catch rate mechanics have changed in X and Y, seeing as I had no trouble catching past non-cover legendary Pokémon in there at all - I expect things to be jobs by the sixth ball, if not the second. (Then again, I tend to use specialty balls.)
I always go for legendaries at night. Dusk Ball is way too cool. Catch rate with that thing is pretty good too apparently.

You think Pokken is happening?
Yes. Digital Event trailer. #Believe

Looks alright but there's a few tile errors. The heightened platform that has the house on it is missing its back termination tile to indicate the end of the platform. The ponds do not have a proper border at their bottom.

Edit: I'd also recommended switching up the grass tiles a bit. It really sticks out when every grass tile is the exact same one.

I cant find the bottom tile in RPG Maker. :(

Salvadora

Lads, only a matter of days now before we get a deluge of information on Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire.

Really curious to see the progression from X/Y.

Top Bottom