• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

lupinko

I've got a question for lupinko or Muku. Have either of you seen the Pokedolls of the Kalos starters' final forms? Not the normal big ones but the super deformed looking ones, like this:

http://pokevault.com/ChesnaughtPokedoll?filter_name=Chesnaught

That site always says things like "sold for a short time" so I was curious if you guys saw it at the Pokemon Centers you go to.

Yes I have, at my local PC they don't have the regular ones anymore only the chibi ones.

Anyone else? I cant seem to stop going "Chespin!" at this point.

ibuP4cz2AnhcFB.gif

Dr. Buni

I just realized that I might be aware of less Pokémon-related things than recommended. What's this about?
Ash will capture a Hawlucha. Not sure if the capture will happen in the episode to be aired in two weeks, but Hawlucha will debut in the said episode, at least.

Rental Pokémon then? I doubt both will catch new Pokémon just for to participate in the event.

Don't think Serena's going to catch anything new until after the movie since generally they would get shown.

Can't wait to see how Inkay dresses up as a bird Pokemon.

-Horizon-

I've just finished up the Looker quest. I liked it, it was pretty good.

The find the ticket part in the beginning was kind of lame but I liked the characters and the story, though short, was nice. I say short but the whole thing took me 3 hours. Yeah, I took way too much time with it lol

Xerosic felt a little too much like Colress from BW2. Both not doing evil for evil's sake but for their research.

Emma and Mimi were cute. I felt like Looker should have taken her with him. When his journal said "I suppose this is what a father feels like" was a nice moment.

The part with Malva was good, made her character more interesting at least. Remember, she doesn't like it slow.

Hmm, Emma, Serena, or Shauna...lol

I've just finished up the Looker quest. I liked it, it was pretty good.

The find the ticket part in the beginning was kind of lame but I liked the characters and the story, though short, was nice. I say short but the whole thing took me 3 hours. Yeah, I took way too much time with it lol

Xerosic felt a little too much like Colress from BW2. Both not doing evil for evil's sake but for their research.

Emma and Mimi were cute. I felt like Looker should have taken her with him. When his journal said "I suppose this is what a father feels like" was a nice moment.

The part with Malva was good, made her character more interesting at least. Remember, she doesn't like it slow.

Hmm, Emma, Serena, or Shauna...lol

Her character had feels
Also one thing I like about her is that she gives us a general idea of how old the player character is in XY. She is 16 and calls the player character "Mr." or "Ms." implying that the player character is 16 or older.

-Horizon-

Her character had feels
Also one thing I like about her is that she gives us a general idea of how old the player character is in XY. She is 16 and calls the player character "Mr." or "Ms." implying that the player character is 16 or older.

Even more adorable now that I know the context behind it lol

Makes me wish how every other NPC in previous games had a more fleshed out backstory or plot like this. I remember Sinnoh had a few trainers you help for a bit and it just ends.

lupinko

I guess I can extend my request here, but I'm looking for different Vivillon patterns. I got into the collecting craze too, but there's a catch, I'd want them to be flawless 5IV Timid (31/x/31/31/31/31) or 6IV. Shiny would be amazing but that's not really important.

I can provide 5IV Timid Scatterbug parents, both if you don't have a 6IV Ditto, and the Scatterbugs will be in fancy balls.

The patterns I'm not looking for are: Meadow, Polar, Garden, Monsoon, Sandstorm, and Elegant.

What I can offer in return besides the Scatterbug I would trade for the request are:

Various 5IV competitive + egg moves Mawile, Gible, Machop, Axew, Starly and Larvitar.

I also have a 6IV Timid Polar Scatterbug available in a premier ball.

I can also generate through Dream Radar Gen 2, 4 and 5 legendaries with HA, Johto Guardians, Sinjoh Dragons and Unova Genies. I can also give them your OT name/gender too.

And I also have some spares lying around too of those.

Pokédex entries are totally bullshit, though. Specially the ones related to Ghost- and Psychic-type Pokémon. Take Kadabra's for example:

lol

Why not, we know Psychics are a real thing in Pokemon and Bill turned him self into a Pokemon with science bullshit. I honestly take all the Pokedex entries as the truth because the entire point is to teach us more about the Pokemon. If you want you can ignore the old Gen I entries(The Firered entries are from the original Red and Green) because a lot of them don't make sense, but I see no reason to ignore the entries from at least Gen III and on. If the myths about Legendary Pokemon are always true I don't see why the dex entries for a regular Pokemon would be wrong.

CassSept

I didn't know about that FRLG Kadabra entry. It's made up for FRLG too, it only reappears in Emerald, I'm surprised. There are many weird Pokedex entries but this one is just overly ludicrous imo.

I didn't know about that FRLG Kadabra entry. It's made up for FRLG too, it only reappears in Emerald, I'm surprised. There are many weird Pokedex entries but this one is just overly ludicrous imo.

No, it's from Red and Green.
Also the emerald version is rewritten saying it is a rumor and that it was someone researching extrasensory powers. In this universe where psychics exist, Pokemon that can transform into any other Pokemon exist and where a man turned himself into a Clefairy I don't see why that dex entry is so out there. Hell Gen IV almost confirms that humans and Pokemon are related, so if anything it could be like a weird evolution. Also God is a Pokemon, how is that less ridiculous than someone with extrasensory powers turning into a Pokemon?

CassSept

No, it's from Red and Green.
Also the emerald version is rewritten saying it is a rumor and that it was someone researching extrasensory powers. In this universe where psychics exist, Pokemon that can transform into any other Pokemon exist and where a man turned himself into a Clefairy I don't see why that dex entry is so out there. Hell Gen IV almost confirms that humans and Pokemon are related, so if anything it could be like a weird evolution. Also God is a Pokemon, how is that less ridiculous than someone with extrasensory powers turning into a Pokemon?

Damn I totally blanked out on the fact that LeafGreen English entries were from RB while FireRed were translations from RG. Sorry.

So theoretically, in canon is it possible to catch a human being into pokeball? I can't remember that.

Damn I totally blanked out on the fact that LeafGreen English entries were from RB while FireRed were translations from RG. Sorry.

So theoretically, in canon is it possible to catch a human being into pokeball? I can't remember that.

Hell if I know, the mechanics of Pokeballs are still largely a mystery.

Also another thing about that dex entry is that it's not like it's saying that all Kadabra are psychic children, it's just saying that it happened once.

CassSept

Hell if I know, the mechanics of Pokeballs are still largely a mystery.

Also another thing about that dex entry is that it's not like it's saying that all Kadabra are psychic children, it's just saying that it happened once.

That data entry does sounds dumb though. Like a failed attempt at a creepypasta.

RedSwirl

Is it advisable I save during the Elite Four in a Pokemon game? I don't want to get in a situation where I have no chance of beating the next guy and have to get defeated and lose half my money, especially if I want to stockpile items to try again.

Seil

Is it advisable I save during the Elite Four in a Pokemon game? I don't want to get in a situation where I have no chance of beating the next guy and have to get defeated and lose half my money, especially if I want to stockpile items to try again.

Up to you. I do sometimes and don't others, but it rarely makes a difference lol. That said, in Gen IV and up, you don't lose half your money. Well, you could, but only if you don't have much. The max is like 12k. It's based on how many badges you have and your highest level Pokemon. So even in a worst case scenario you could make it back in like one battle at the Chateau in XY.

In older games it's worth considering, though, I suppose if you aren't sure your team's up to it.

RedSwirl

I can start a few file in Black without erasing the existing file right? I just have to make sure not to never save the game in the new file right?

Up to you. I do sometimes and don't others, but it rarely makes a difference lol. That said, in Gen IV and up, you don't lose half your money. Well, you could, but only if you don't have much. The max is like 12k. It's based on how many badges you have and your highest level Pokemon. So even in a worst case scenario you could make it back in like one battle at the Chateau in XY.

In older games it's worth considering, though, I suppose if you aren't sure your team's up to it.

How specifically does that work? Do stronger Pokemon and more badges mean you lose more money? I can't find an article a bout it on Bulbapedia.

Avixph

Hey guys now you can buy a Klefki keyring at the Pokémon Center and possibly any online that sells official Pokémon goods.

f6KvvXpl.jpg

wmLGKLK.jpg

Seil

I can start a few file in Black without erasing the existing file right? I just have to make sure not to never save the game in the new file right?

How specifically does that work? Do stronger Pokemon and more badges mean you lose more money? I can't find an article a bout it on Bulbapedia.

If you start a new game in Gen IV or V, you can't save even if you want to if you didn't delete the old save data first by pressing Up+Select+B (gen IV, not sure if BW uses the same combo, XY uses Up+B+X and doesn't let you even try to start a new game without deleting it).

Also there's a chart on this page: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Black_out

But yeah, higher level and more badges = higher amount of money lost.

I believe the Gen V games use the same button combo as older games, and that the "depends on opponent level" money loss on black outs came first in FRLG. The Bulbapedia articles are a good read, anyway.

Top Bottom