• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Renta

Banned
Na, the GAF US players are all there :p

Then they left me :(

Also, someone is using Heliolisk! I saw a Sawk earlier too. Some interesting teams are there and I like it.

BryXr0ECUAAAppB.jpg:large

JoeM86

Then they left me :(

Also, someone is using Heliolisk! I saw a Sawk earlier too. Some interesting teams are there and I like it.

Saw some great combos at the UK Nationals in May. I'm just glad people don't stick to the generic ones so often.

Cue Firestorm to chastise me for saying that :p

JoeM86

Am I seeing things or did I see Ray Rizzo's Aegislash come from a dream ball? Was there a giveaway I missed?

It did. This was posted on 4chan that a friend showed me.

fzbT5gg.png

Top Heal Ball
Bottom Dream Ball

His Aegislash

vr9XDG1.png

For the record, it is IMPOSSIBLE for Aegislash to be in a Dream Ball.

JoeM86

Can you pass on the Dream Ball through breeding or no?

PokéBalls only pass from the female, as does the species of the Pokémon, and it doesn't pass from Ditto. It's impossible for a Gen VI Pokémon to be in a Dream Ball, or any Apricorn Balls for that matter.

Renta

Banned
Well those were the best matches so far for me. Teams like that are what I like to see. ^And yeah, I guess he could have bred the aegislash. Still, guess there's no policy against pokemon bred from hacks.

JoeM86

It has given me the push to finish my PokéBall Listings. Been meaning to get around to it. That's my weekend project haha

Renta

Banned
Oh sweet. Looking forward to that. I should actually get to catching that level ball starly I said I was going to get.

JoeM86

Going to make it so it doesn't just show "1" for every base Pokémon, but rather show both. Was considering Kalos Nativing it, but that'd require starting my entire database from scratch.

Macka

I decided to check out the latest season of Pokemon after seeing lots of funny gifs all over the internet. First time I've watched the anime since like...Johto?

- I don't like any of the new voices. Ash, James, Meowth, Professor Oak...ugh.
- Wow! Jessie has a new voice actress as well but she sounds identical to how I remember.
- Clemont is getting old fast.
- Serena is hilariously awkward.
-
Pikachu getting beat by a Surskit is...I have to remember this is a kids show and Pikachu obviously can't be invincible, but come on.

Nah, you're kinda thinking about things the wrong way around on the last one. The point of that wasn't really to show that Pikachu isn't invincible, but that there's really no such thing as a bad or weak species of Pokemon in the anime (even though they might still roll with the concept for laughs and stuff at times, it's consistently show to not really be true in the show). After all, stats and junk don't really exist in the anime at all, so there's no such thing as an inherently "weak" species, like there is in the games--whether a Pokemon is like a Magikarp, a Surskit, or whatever just tells you what it looks like, its type, and gives you a general sense of what moves it can learn in the anime, but as far as strength goes, that depends completely on the trainers and any given species (yes, even Magikarp), can run the gambit from from very weak to shockingly strong, which is actually one of the things I really like about the show myself (unlike the games, just because you know a Pokemon's species, doesn't mean you'll know how things will go down exactly and even Pokemon considered as weak in the games can do some pretty impressive stuff in the show, since the rules are different).

So the point of scenes like that isn't really to have Pikachu coming off as weak or whatever, but instead to show how much effort the other trainer must have put into their Pokemon and strategizing to win and what trainers are able to accomplish with their Pokemon with enough training.

You've just to come at the show from its own perspective, instead of looking at things from the POV of the games since while largely similar, they differ on points like that and things work better and make more sense if look at the show from its own vantage point and roll with it, IMO.

Weiss

Banned
So I'm at the Elite Four in SoulSilver right now and doing some grinding, and I'm trying to decide whether I should use Gyarados or Dragonair as my final member. Gyarados has Ice Fang and a crapton of attack, but Dragonair later turns into the equally as epic Dragonite. Whichever one I choose is going to be a sweeper, and I'm thinking of building them as:

Gyarados - Ice Fang, Earthquake, Waterfall, Dragon Dance
Dragonite - Earthquake, Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush, Fire Punch

Right now my team is
Typhlosion - Focus Blast, Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Lava Plume
Ampharos - Charge, Discharge, Focus Blast, Thunder Wave
Slowbro - Blizzard, Zen Headbutt, Surf, Shadow Ball
Heracross - Aerial Ace, Brick Break, Shadow Claw, Close Combat
Pupitar - Rock Slide, Dark Pulse, Thrash, Scary Face

Any suggestions?

DaBoss

So I'm at the Elite Four in SoulSilver right now and doing some grinding, and I'm trying to decide whether I should use Gyarados or Dragonair as my final member. Gyarados has Ice Fang and a crapton of attack, but Dragonair later turns into the equally as epic Dragonite. Whichever one I choose is going to be a sweeper, and I'm thinking of building them as:

Gyarados - Ice Fang, Earthquake, Waterfall, Dragon Dance
Dragonite - Earthquake, Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush, Fire Punch

Right now my team is
Typhlosion - Focus Blast, Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Lava Plume
Ampharos - Charge, Discharge, Focus Blast, Thunder Wave
Slowbro - Blizzard, Zen Headbutt, Surf, Shadow Ball
Heracross - Aerial Ace, Brick Break, Shadow Claw, Close Combat
Pupitar - Rock Slide, Dark Pulse, Thrash, Scary Face

Any suggestions?
Gyarados cause Gyarados > Dragonderp

But really, you can't go wrong either way, but I think Gyarados would probably be the better option.

Magnus

Pokemon Bank is tied to your 3DS (or more accurately your NNID), so as long as you don't sell your 3DS you're good to go.

To further clarify, you can use any X or Y game with your Pokemon Bank account too (I have a copy of both X and Y that I use).

Awesome, thanks.

And shit, I did a full 3DS transfer when I moved from my 3DS to an XL last month - NNID moved over, so I should still be fine hopefully?

lupinko

Hey to catch Shaymin and Darkrai for fun, what's better the Jp surf glitch in DP or just gifting yourself the WC event with a pro action replay?

Caladrius

Hey to catch Shaymin and Darkrai for fun, what's better the Jp surf glitch in DP or just gifting yourself the WC event with a pro action replay?

The Surf glitch was only in very early DP copies.

If you're not sure what version you have, just go with the AR.

Top Bottom