• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
hey everyone, i fixed the gen vi designs:

HEdtMKZ.png

wut

Going back I miss watching Pokemon Smash

Best Episode

Get TV doesn't have Director Lucario, old men dressing up as eeveelutions, and the two comedians

lupinko

Just mentioning that in the xy thread we've gone flawless/perfect Vivillon crazy.
If any of you want to join in the bonanza then by all means drop by.

It's based on this disturbing trend:

K4pGNYZ

I didn't count black parts of the eyes, or cavities like in Blastoise; that would just be crazy! Maybe the likes of Wigglytuff do count because of their ears... along with the likes of Jigglypuff. I didn't count some dot-like noses either.

They revealed the dull Scatterbug, Spewpa and Vivillon. And then Litleo came along, which made me take notice of it in the already revealed Fledgling, Helioptile, Gogoat and of course, Pancham. More and more were revealed. When they revealed Braixen, I just about up and shot myself in a suicide manner.

And all of a sudden Blaziken has to turn black, making it the worst mega-evolution. Now the triangles under Sableye's eyes. Why I never.

I've heard on this very forum (Neogaf (Neo Gaming-Age Fun)) the gen v colours described as complex, but I think they might have just used more black and grey.

I like the gen vi designs, other than the prominence of the black. I'm hoping this spurs a call to arms against the artists so that for gen vii we get down to a decent 0%.

I can't tell, is this parody?

I mean, I don't really think the Microsoft Paint colours I chose necessarily fit, and some changes I made for the sake of putting in a different colour means that some sprites definitely look worse, like the tuft around Spritzee's eye. Brown Helioptile and red Clauncher look fine though, and I truly do wish the increased use of black in newer pokemon designs wasn't there. They said the theme of the region was beauty and I think they said something about wanting to utilise vivid colours. If that's what they're aiming for with the region, why not the pokemon? So Vivillon largely features black instead of yellow? I know in that case it's probably so it meshes with the different patterns. But why Braixen and Delphox? Why a normal/fire lion, why Aromatisse's butt bow, why at all Dedenne? Charizard, Aerodactyl and Blaziken need to have it now? Use black for your dark types, that makes sense. There's colourful options, and I'd like to see them.

Caladrius

I mean, I don't really think the Microsoft Paint colours I chose necessarily fit, and some changes I made for the sake of putting in a different colour means that some sprites definitely look worse, like the tuft around Spritzee's eye. Brown Helioptile and red Clauncher look fine though, and I truly do wish the increased use of black in newer pokemon designs wasn't there. They said the theme of the region was beauty and I think they said something about wanting to utilise vivid colours. If that's what they're aiming for with the region, why not the pokemon? So Vivillon largely features black instead of yellow? I know in that case it's probably so it meshes with the different patterns. But why Braixen and Delphox? Why a normal/fire lion, why Aromatisse's butt bow, why at all Dedenne? Charizard, Aerodactyl and Blaziken need to have it now? Use black for your dark types, that makes sense. There's colourful options, and I'd like to see them.

The black is there to draw your eyes to the aspects of the pokemon (or, in the cases of Pokemon like Mawile, Zygarde and Heliolisk, to draw it to the black portion,) and to make it look sharper. If you drench the whole thing in color it dilutes the focus of the pokemon because there isn't enough contrast between the various parts to draw your attention to the main features. Vivillon is probably the most striking example of that. The point of the design isn't the exoskeleton, it's the wings, and the body is colored like that in order to maximize the attention drawn to the distinctive wing patterns.

There are a couple of pokemon that would benefit from added color (Dedenne and Pyroar,) but on the whole I feel the darker colors are necessary to make stronger contrasts and more striking designs.

I haven't drawn seriously in like 8 or so years and I decided I want to start again. I thought what better way than to start with my favorite Pokemon?
This is where I'm at right now.
MAPSiiCl.jpg

The picture was taken with my phone so the perspective is a little messed up and it is a bit blurry.

I haven't drawn seriously in like 8 or so years and I decided I want to start again. I thought what better way than to start with my favorite Pokemon?
This is where I'm at right now.
MAPSiiCl.jpg

The picture was taken with my phone so the perspective is a little messed up and it is a bit blurry.

I love Haxorus and I love this drawing.

Thank you Horizon.
Alright, finished it.
I think I might like shading more than drawing even.
Anyways, yeah, this is my first serious drawing in a long time so I still have rust to shake off...
EDIT: Lol, I just realized I forgot to ink a line on one of his legs.

Thank you Horizon.
Alright, finished it.

Anyways, yeah, this is my first serious drawing in a long time so I still have rust to shake off...

*giggle*

You know, that Haxorus looks mighty and cuddly.

Caladrius

You've convinced me somewhat.

I'm afraid that's not enough.

I'm going to have to steal your soul.

Thank you Horizon.
Alright, finished it.

That's pretty damned decent.

-Horizon-

Thank you Horizon.
Alright, finished it.

That is legit.

Well I did some more art. I decided against doing another badass Dragon Pokemon and went for something cute. I'm hyped for ORAS and my favorite Hoenn starter is Treeko so I drew this.
I'm not entirely pleased with how Treeko turned out, he gave me a lot of trouble. Oh well, I think I'm starting to get some of my drawing skills back.
Also you all probably already noticed, but I have shaky hands so my lines aren't the smoothest.

-Horizon-

Well I did some more art. I decided against doing another badass Dragon Pokemon and went for something cute. I'm hyped for ORAS and my favorite Hoenn starter is Treeko so I drew this.

I'm not entirely pleased with how Treeko turned out, he gave me a lot of trouble. Oh well, I think I'm starting to get some of my drawing skills back.
Also you all probably already noticed, but I have shaky hands so my lines aren't the smoothest.

At least you stuck with the new superior May design :3

Magnus

I've been out of the loop for awhile where Gen 6 and Bank are concerned. I completed Pokemon Y and used the free Bank trial period in conjunction with Transporter to get all of Pokemon from previous Gen 4-5 games onto my Y cart. Hosanna.

Now, if I activate a membership to bank ($5/yr, yeah?) can I still safely upload all of my Pokemon to the Bank cloud, sell my copy of Y away and get X (or ORAS this winter) and go through those games with those Bank cloud Pokemon?

I've been out of the loop for awhile where Gen 6 and Bank are concerned. I completed Pokemon Y and used the free Bank trial period in conjunction with Transporter to get all of Pokemon from previous Gen 4-5 games onto my Y cart. Hosanna.

Now, if I activate a membership to bank ($5/yr, yeah?) can I still safely upload all of my Pokemon to the Bank cloud, sell my copy of Y away and get X (or ORAS this winter) and go through those games with those Bank cloud Pokemon?

Pokemon Bank is tied to your 3DS (or more accurately your NNID), so as long as you don't sell your 3DS you're good to go.

To further clarify, you can use any X or Y game with your Pokemon Bank account too (I have a copy of both X and Y that I use).

Top Bottom