• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

CassSept

Oh so they patched later JP DP games too? Oh ok, then I should just get and do AR then on my DPPt games then.

It doesn't work too, sadly. I imported Pearl at launch and my Surf glitch Darkrai and Shaymin are stuck in BW, since their respective event items were not made available in DP, but only once Pt was released the Pokemon Transfer check stops them :/

lupinko

It doesn't work too, sadly. I imported Pearl at launch and my Surf glitch Darkrai and Shaymin are stuck in BW, since their respective event items were not made available in DP, but only once Pt was released the Pokemon Transfer check stops them :/

Ouch, well there goes that.

Anyway speaking of Sinnoh, I want to give away 5IV reject egg move adamant shell Armor Turtwigs.

This is also for the rest of PokeGAF that don't frequent the XY thread.

lupinko

Is there going to be another Corocoro serial code? :D

I got my Corocoro Charizard X awhile back.

Edit: Speaking of Charizards, there is the HK XY Charizard event going on, works like Corozard XY, but it only works on JP cards/games.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
PYfGwo9.jpg

this is official poster

Boss Doggie

Also I can't wait for mirror universe. Prime!Ash enters the mirror world in the Reflection Cave to meet Shy Ash, Determined Serena, Athletic Clemont, and Ladylike Bonnie!

Boss Doggie

Is this really going to happen, if so is there a trailer?

no trailer yet, but the schedule goes like...
Hawlucha ep (this week)
Genesect movie + Diancie prologue
Sky Battle (Hawlucha vs Talonflame)
Reflection Cave (mirror world)
Trevenant appearance, Hawlucha and Froakie bonding ep
afterwards is apparently a summer camp arc, where friends trio are introduced

Aggrotek

So, I just want to apologize to everyone that was a part of they Gym thing. I kinda fell off the face of the earth for a while... dunno what ended up happening to it, but I apologize if I caused any issues.

spiritfox

So, I just want to apologize to everyone that was a part of they Gym thing. I kinda fell off the face of the earth for a while... dunno what ended up happening to it, but I apologize if I caused any issues.

Well the gym thingy fell off the face of earth, so no biggie.

Seriously, compare that picture to her art from the game.
I mean I understand that they are trying to make her look younger since the player character designs from XY continued the "These are not little kids" thing that Black and White started but they could have done a better job. Or hell, they could have picked a different character like they did with Best Wishes.

Caladrius

I mean I understand that they are trying to make her look younger since the player character designs from XY continued the "These are not little kids" thing that Black and White started but they could have done a better job. Or hell, they could have picked a different character like they did with Best Wishes.

The only alternative I can think of is...Shauna. *twitches*

At least her personality would work better for the part.

Boss Doggie

Well they had to make her look like she's as old as Ash

The only alternative I can think of is...Shauna. *twitches*

At least her personality would work better for the part.

Oh gosh...if you take the anime and swap Serena with Shauna my head would implode on just how bizarre the whole thing would become.

They should've just swapped clemont out with korrina and have that brainy rival friend tag along.

Boss Doggie

XY takes liberties and makes the characters interesting though.

With that said Korrina is kinda... bland in her arc. He realized that she's a shitty trainer who spoils her Lucario.

And say what you will but I like how Serena's goal isn't really to be a trainer but to find a goal while exploring. At least that's a goal unlike Misty.

The thing with Korrina is that she's a breath of fresh air to the gang but she basically has a limited purpose. Once her whole thing is over there's not much she can do there.

I do think it is cool to have the gym leaders hang out with the gang for a bit just to give them more of a character. Of course it's a bit hard to do in X/Y when most of the gym leaders barely have a character in the first place

DaBoss

I scored a copy of Emerald on eBay a while back. Never got to play it. Should I play before ORAS or would burn me out?
I don't think it would burn you out as long as you just stick to the main adventure and then dabble with the Battle Frontier.

I think you should play it so you can see the improvements they've made.
And possibly downgrades as well lol.

Boss Doggie

Well then Hawlucha definitely looks amazing.

Hopefully it won't get shafted in airtime after this episode. (It probably will)

Next (well, next next, since next week is Genesect movie tv airing + Diancie special) is Hawlucha vs Talonflame so...

And the Trevenant ep is about Hawlucha and Froakie getting along.

Busaiku

When I was young, I used to imagine that holding A + B when throwing the Pokeball was essentially my avatar clamping the Pokeball.

Top Bottom