• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

lupinko

Gamefreak has lifted its ban on Shiny Jirachi, while it looks like that may still apply to Wishmaker, Tanabata Jirachi this year is Shiny and is exclusive to PC Tohoku.

I live in Tohoku. :D

Busaiku

Why don't we celebrate the starcrossed lovers.
I want a Shiny Jirachi.

Seriously, why are there no US events at all.
Europe got more stuff than us, this is ridiculous.

lupinko

Why don't we celebrate the starcrossed lovers.
I want a Shiny Jirachi.

Seriously, why are there no US events at all.
Europe got more stuff than us, this is ridiculous.

No promises or eta but I will farm Shiny Tanabata Jirachi, I already farm Wishmaker Jirachi.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
10430385_706042599470447_7354833970824003492_n.jpg

lupinko

Is there a RNG for dummies guide? I have rng reporter 9.96.6 alpha, and I want to rng flawless or at least decent nature/stats/shiny Landorus and Kyurem. This is in Pokemon White.

So I was looking through the beta names for Red and Blue and I found this promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMyde-klcB8

Was this song ever used after this? I've never heard it before. I thought it might of been the original theme song they were going to use.
They used it a few times in the show if I remember correctly. It was also on one of the CDs and in a few of the electronics (I had some yo-yo that played it growing up). I think it was called Dance Mix or something.

I love seeing early footage and screenshots from the games. Kinda glad they got rid of "[Side] [Pokemon]'s [Stat] down!" in the final, it's not nearly as bad as "The Lance wants to fight!", though.

Is there a RNG for dummies guide? I have rng reporter 9.96.6 alpha, and I want to rng flawless or at least decent nature/stats/shiny Landorus and Kyurem. This is in Pokemon White.

I referred to this video. It's pretty good, when coupled with other guides.

If you want specific natures or shiny Pokemon, you need to search for "nearby shiny frames" and use your seed to search using the Gen 5 PIDRNG method. Then, after hitting your seed, you need to advance the PIDRNG using Chatot cries until you hit the correct PIDRNG frame.

Each Chatot cry advances the frame by 1. Walking NPCs also advance the frame randomly, so try to avoid RNGing in areas with them (although it's often unavoidable, like for Latios/Latias in B2/W2).

lupinko

I referred to this video. It's pretty good, when coupled with other guides.

If you want specific natures or shiny Pokemon, you need to search for "nearby shiny frames" and use your seed to search using the Gen 5 PIDRNG method. Then, after hitting your seed, you need to advance the PIDRNG using Chatot cries until you hit the correct PIDRNG frame.

Each Chatot cry advances the frame by 1. Walking NPCs also advance the frame randomly, so try to avoid RNGing in areas with them (although it's often unavoidable, like for Latios/Latias in B2/W2).

You are the best! And to think I was about to offer GAF that gift I already offered you!

Does this also work for Gen 4? In my pearl game I still have Heatran, Cress and Giratina to get.

I wonder if there is a tutorial for Dream Radar legendaries, that would be awesome so it's not a crapshoot whenever I generate the dragons, guardians and genies.

You are the best! And to think I was about to offer GAF that gift I already offered you!

Does this also work for Gen 4? In my pearl game I still have Heatran, Cress and Giratina to get.

I wonder if there is a tutorial for Dream Radar legendaries, that would be awesome so it's not a crapshoot whenever I generate the dragons, guardians and genies.

I haven't got a Gen 4 game, but from what I've heard/read, it sounds similar. Main difference is that after finding your seed, you need to search for frames via "Method J (DPPt)" instead of "Gen 5 PIDRNG".

To verify your frame, you can still use Chatot cries or you can use the Coin Flip app .

For more info, I'd suggest Smogon's guide here.

I have no idea about Dream Radar RNG atm. All I recall is that you only get one chance to RNG Pokemon from there. But since you know how to backup Dream Radar saves, you should be fine.

This page on Nugget Bridge looks useful, although I'm too busy to give it a thorough read : P

One thing I missed earlier: when you search for PIDRNG frames, you should press the "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" button near the right so you know what frame you begin at.

If you're playing Black 2/White 2, you need to tick the "Black White 2" box as well. These two things confused me a little at first D:

-Horizon-

Just to keep ORAS in mind... planned starter? I think I'll just roll with Treecko.

I want Treecko because Mega Sceptile looks cool and I'll be playing Alpha Sapphire so grass should be good against Team Aqua.

Would be the first Pokemon game I ever start with a grass type lol.

Can I get someone to hold onto my Blazikenite for me? I can trade you a 6IV male or female Feebas as a thank you. They have the egg moves Mist, Haze, Mirror Coat and Dragon Pulse and the ability Swift Swim. My ingame name is Rheannon and my friend code is 0533-5338-5186. I'm planning on replaying Pokemon X and I don't want to lose it.

redhairedking

Can I get someone to hold onto my Blazikenite for me? I can trade you a 6IV male or female Feebas as a thank you. They have the egg moves Mist, Haze, Mirror Coat and Dragon Pulse and the ability Swift Swim. My ingame name is Rheannon and my friend code is 0533-5338-5186. I'm planning on replaying Pokemon X and I don't want to lose it.

I can do it for you, PM me to setup a time.

Picking a Gen 3 starter is hard for me.

I don't really have a clear favorite for any of them. Maybe Treecko cause I generally go with Grass, but I'm partial to Mudkip too...

Then again, I'm probably going to ditch my starter midway anyway so I guess it doesn't matter, lol

I never got the Torchic mystery gift but I'll still go with Treecko. Their mega stones will probably be available to purchase like the Kanto starters in XY.

Hope Friend Safari's make a return so that I could get a Grovyle in a Dusk Ball.

image.php

I've always assumed Hilda was the tallest.

At least there are still people who acknowledge Leaf.
Based on height by number of heads the XY protags are the tallest. Also I'm pretty sure that ORAS May is taller than that.

I'll be starting with Treeko, he's by far my favorite Hoenn starter and my third favorite starter overall right behind Bulbasaur and Turtwig.

lupinko

Both Muku and I got back from our respective viewings of the movie with impressions (and I took a pic of things you get from the movie) in the XY thread.

And a potato sack > mythical event pokemon.

Top Bottom