• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Caladrius

Mega Altaria looks pretty nice. I was completely indifferent to the original form but this one is a lot more distinctive to me.

Also Dragon/Fairy is amazeballs.

Btasbatwing.jpg

Well, shit.

We need Noivern Dressed as Dragon-Batman.

Mega Salamence has to be my least favorite Mega. I always liked the idea behind Salamence but thought the execution was off. I was hoping his Mega would fix that... but then we got the Batwing.

At the very least it doesn't have random crap everywhere like some of the other Megas.

The main thing that bugs me about MegaSal is the stubby limbs.

Not my pic but I didn't realize it had gotten that far so soon. So what, are the pokemon in their mega evos when they're sent?

The cheat device is a full blown editor more or less. So from the getgo you're doing custom pokemon. So yeah they're probably in their mega's permanently.

ORAS will have Trainer hordes?!

Nintendo PR said:
The popular Horde Encounter feature from Pokémon X and Pokémon Y returns in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. This time, Horde Encounters will not be limited to wild Pokémon encounters, as hordes of enemy Trainers can now appear in groups of up to five, providing even more Experience Points to victorious Trainers.

Who cares about the EXP? There's money at stake here!

Caladrius

I think I'll ask Tetsuya Nomura for help.

Don't forget the horns.

What bothers me the most is the giant single crescent moon wing.

It makes it look a smidge too mechanical, but it doesn't bug me that much.

hero_heroine_contest.png

Or maybe this.

I sincerely hope those are wearable outfits.

Actually have we seen them wear anything but the default?

She'll probably come back with a tan to the outrage of everyone~

But tans make everything better!

Still waiting for the game in which I can buy and equip a luchador mask to both my player character and my entire team. Hawlucha and Luchachu are a good start, but there's still so much GF can do with the concept!

Why are you watching the dub?

Anyway when are they gonna reveal Mega Arceus?

Probably next gen with the remakes of DP. The question is, will they actually give out the Azure Flute this time?
If they do they could do something interesting with Arceus. Have him be level 100 with his Mega Stone and have him Mega Evolve in battle. I know that in universe Mega Evolving has to do with the bond between a trainer and their Pokemon, but I think they could make an exception for Arceus since he is God. Also they could make it so if you tried to throw a Master Ball it would warn you that it wouldn't be a 100% chance. Maybe make the Master Ball essentially an Ultra Ball when used against him to make the fight more epic.

Caladrius

I'm going to catch a Pikachu for the sole purpose of naming it this.

If they aren't, I can see myself partaking mostly in contests now.

Contest outfit=Emerald>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RSE>>>>>Poop>>Default.

Why are you watching the dub?

Anyway when are they gonna reveal Mega Arceus?

Unfortunately for Megaceus my master Megatina will also be revealed when the Gen IV remakes release.

Hopefully they will both be glorious.

I personally doubt we'll see the Azure Flute even in Gen 4 remakes.

Masuda said the reason they never released the Azure Flute is because they decided it would be too confusing for players to figure out. As long as they made it clear in game what you have to do with the flute I think it'd be fine.

I'm going to catch a Pikachu for the sole purpose of naming it this.
Sorry bud, only one Pikachu can cosplay and it is an in game gift Pokemon. You'll probably be able to name it anyways, but yeah you can't use just any Pikachu you catch.

-Horizon-

Masuda said the reason they never released the Azure Flute is because they decided it would be too confusing for players to figure out. As long as they made it clear in game what you have to do with the flute I think it'd be fine.

Sorry bud, only one Pikachu can cosplay and it is an in game gift Pokemon. You'll probably be able to name it anyways, but yeah you can't use just any Pikachu you catch.
I thought all you had to do was bring it to Spear Pillar?
I don't want to go check if that is all though lol.

Caladrius

Pikachu un-redeemed

Pre-order canceled.

I thought all you had to do was bring it to Spear Pillar?
I don't want to go check if that is all though lol.

Correct, but they were stupid and didn't give any hint as to what the item did in the description.

...Not that this could stop them from detailing it in promotional materials.

I have decided - almost certainly against my better judgement - to play all of Red/Gold/Crystal/Ruby/LeafGreen/Emerald/Diamond/Platinum/SoulSilver/White/White 2/Y in the leadup to AS.

Wish me luck.

(i also said i would do this before Y but i actually have the time to do it now)

Top Bottom