• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Busaiku

hkz2j0D.jpg

Toxi

Banned
Someone had to be tripping hard when they made Mega Salamence.

The Hoenn Megas so far seem by and large a lot better than the X/Y ones. They seem more about changing the focus and dynamic of the pokemon as opposed to tacking more onto the designs. Like, there were a few X/Y Megas that did that, but just as many didn't whereas drastic retools have been the rule here.
Have to agree. They all seem like a sort of logical progression, almost like Gamefreak designed regular evolutions. Even the more detailed ones (Sceptile) at least have some sort of gimmick focus (Launching its tail like how real world geckos can lose their tails).

My favorite so far... Probably Metagross. It's great how they continued the additive theme of the evolution line, and every design element seems coherent. It floats, so it gets a large speed boost. It has its arms free and its walking claws become weapons, so it has Tough Claws. Its crest changes color to look like a crow, referencing its status as the king of its evolutionary line.

Firestorm

I have decided - almost certainly against my better judgement - to play all of Red/Gold/Crystal/Ruby/LeafGreen/Emerald/Diamond/Platinum/SoulSilver/White/White 2/Y in the leadup to AS.

Wish me luck.

(i also said i would do this before Y but i actually have the time to do it now)
Why play Crystal after Gold and Platinum after Diamond instead of replacing the former with the latter?

And yeah that's basically playing the same game 13 times before doing it for a 14th >_>; Sounds like a one way ticket to burnout.

celebi23

So, I've got a small favor to ask. I'm trying to find a way to get Squirtle (with the mega stone) from my Pokémon Y game to my Pokémon X game. Would anyone be willing to help me trade from me to you and then back to me in my Pokémon X game? I'd transfer whatever Pokémon you'd trade from Y -> Pokémon Bank -> X and then trade that back to you for my Squirtle. Shoot me a PM if you can give me a hand. Thanks!

CorvoSol

Was the Eevee originally caught/bred in Kalos? Apparently the game won't register the Dex entry for a non-Kalos Eevee turned Sylveon. If this is the case, catch/breed an Eevee and evolve it again.

Yeah it was an imported Eevee. Uuuugh. Why would Nintendo do something that bizarre? This has to be a glitch, right? Evolving one Sylveon was pain enough.

The dex is weird that it registers two ways.

If the dex shows a pokeball beside the pokemon. It means it's caught but it is not kalos born

If the dex shows the 3 colored pentagon beside the pokemon. It means it's caught but is kalos born.

It's actually one of the reasons why I took the effort to make a kalos living dex just so I can make sure everything gets registered completely. At the end of it all there should be a very very small number of pokemon that cannot be kalos born. Aka most legendaries and Unown.

DaBoss

Yea, did the same thing here. XY 3rd version dex will be completed easily.

I wonder if ORAS will have that same system of differentiating between being bred in the games or not. I assume it will be in every gen from now on as long as Pokemon prior to Gen 6 can be brought into Gen 6 and beyond.
Was the Eevee originally caught/bred in Kalos? Apparently the game won't register the Dex entry for a non-Kalos Eevee turned Sylveon. If this is the case, catch/breed an Eevee and evolve it again.
Wow, that's pretty weird.

CorvoSol

The dex is weird that it registers two ways.

If the dex shows a pokeball beside the pokemon. It means it's caught but it is not kalos born

If the dex shows the 3 colored pentagon beside the pokemon. It means it's caught but is kalos born.

It's actually one of the reasons why I took the effort to make a kalos living dex just so I can make sure everything gets registered completely. At the end of it all there should be a very very small number of pokemon that cannot be kalos born. Aka most legendaries and Unown.

Yeah, see, all I know is the dang thing didn't have any Pokeball at all beside it. Just went onto GTS and totally lucked out in finding a Sylveon for Sylveon trade.

Man, I can't believe the GTS is still such a completely worthless service.

Yeah, see, all I know is the dang thing didn't have any Pokeball at all beside it. Just went onto GTS and totally lucked out in finding a Sylveon for Sylveon trade.

Man, I can't believe the GTS is still such a completely worthless service.

GTS is useful if you know how to deal with it. I know it was extremely handy in getting me my living dex and legendary collection. People will still trade almost anything for scatterbugs.

Why play Crystal after Gold and Platinum after Diamond instead of replacing the former with the latter?
Cause these are the games I have. I'm reliving my childhood, damn it.

a82u0BJ.png

I am about 60% of the way through Red (approximately) and I have this team. I've noticed that Red is surprisingly tricky (apart from Psychic-types and the one I'm using takes forever to level up, also Zapdos) due to 95% of Pokémon having a bad movepool and extremely limited TM use. Obviously 1/2/3/4 have one-use TMs but there normally isn't that much of a reliance on them in the latter three, especially with stuff like Dig.

CassSept

Yeah it was an imported Eevee. Uuuugh. Why would Nintendo do something that bizarre? This has to be a glitch, right? Evolving one Sylveon was pain enough.

Huh, evolving Sylveon takes few minutes tops, geting two hearts in Amie takes playing a couple of minigames and then Eevee learns Baby-Doll Eyes at level 9. It probably takes more time to hatch an Eevee than evolve it into Sylveon.

Huh, evolving Sylveon takes few minutes tops, geting two hearts in Amie takes playing a couple of minigames and then Eevee learns Baby-Doll Eyes at level 9. It probably takes more time to hatch an Eevee than evolve it into Sylveon.

Or if you have a bred Eevee with charm on it. Then just get it to 2 hearts then get 1 level and poof a level 2 Sylveon.

CorvoSol

I dunno, took me forever to get two hearts for some reason. I'd play games, stuff the thing's face with treats, pat its head, then go up a level and nothing. And I had Baby-Doll Eyes.

Busaiku

Man, it's so stupid t the way they've illustrated bonds in the cartoon.
So Ash will somehow have a bond strong with Charizard, Heracross, or Sceptile that he can sense where they are, but his bond with Pikachu is somehow weaker?

Unless Pikachu really is getting a Mega.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So Ash will somehow have a bond strong with Charizard, Heracross, or Sceptile that he can sense where they are, but his bond with Pikachu is somehow weaker?

wait what

JoeM86

Eh? What are you talking about?

Boss Doggie

Since I never had problems with the sub I assume it's probably some shit the dub created. It was pretty clear you can only mega evolve both with "strong bonds", a keystone and a megastone.

Busaiku

I'm talking about how like Diantha and Korrina had such a deep bond with Gardevoir and Lucario respectively, that they could pretty much track them out when they were kidnapped.
Whenever Pikachu gets kidnapped, Ash can't just sense where he is like those 2.

But in order for 1 of Ash's Pokemon to Mega Evolve, they'll need to have that kind of connection or something.

JoeM86

I'm talking about how like Diantha and Korrina had such a deep bond with Gardevoir and Lucario respectively, that they could pretty much track them out when they were kidnapped.

But in order for 1 of Ash's Pokemon to Mega Evolve, they'll need to have that kind of connection or something.

Na, when it comes time for that, all Ash will need is a key stone and the mega stone. There won't be any of that.

Besides, that sort of telepathy fits both Gardevoir and Lucario as standard, anyway.

Boss Doggie

That's because they have keystones apparently.

Busaiku

I guess that works for Diantha, but Lucario didn't have Lucarionite.

In other news, the Special Delivery Pikachu came in (RIP Delibird).
It's smaller than I expected, but it's super cute.
The hat and bag are great.

CorvoSol

So I have to go to Gamestop next week to get the Heracrossite for this week's event Pokemon? Hmmmm.

Anyway, PokeGAF, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm missing three Pokemon from my dex, excluding this generation's events that haven't come out yet, and they're legendaries.

I need Yveltal, Landorus and Tornadus. I'm okay if nobody has one to spare, I just need them in my dex so I can hit up the GTS for them or something. Anyway, if there's anybody who is willing, shoot me a PM or something, thanks!

Firemind

So I want to get back into competitive battling. Is Clefable good now in OU? y/n

Apparently Unaware gets the nod over Magic Guard for the support set. I don't have Unaware Clefairies. :(

Not sure if this is the right thread but I'm gonna post it here.

If you can get out to the Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions tour do it. It is awesome, currently 1/2 way through their opening performance and I'm loving it. A great homage to the entire series.

Top Bottom