• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

lupinko

Hnnnnnnnnng
r41KFcN.jpg

It's not exactly the same, but the sleeping Pikachu I got my for future nephew or niece to be born in December kinda looks like that Banpresto plush.

r3ZSqxh.jpg

I realized that I have been playing Pokémon since the very first games, but my favourite Pokémon comes from the latest generation. Gotta love Noivern! That's my kind of froofy bat wyvern thingy.

Anyone else?

Caladrius

Cal, I swear if you send those to me... *shakes fist angrily*

And yeah, I still dislike all those new megas so far. Mega Gallade and Mega Camerupt are just bleh.

These are my favorite batch so far actually. Though Gallade being tied for my favorite pokemon and only having moderate changes as a Mega is probably a major bias factor. I do rather enjoy Sharpedo becoming a Sawtooth Shark/ Battleship hybrid too.

Mega Camerupt is alright. I don't like the base pokemon very much so there's only so much that they could improve it for me.

I realized that I have been playing Pokémon since the very first games, but my favourite Pokémon comes from the latest generation. Gotta love Noivern! That's my kind of froofy bat wyvern thingy.

Anyone else?

Started in Gen 2, Most of my favorites are from Gen 4.

I am legitimately afraid that Mega Evolutions mean no new cross-gen evolutions in upcoming gens (apart from Eevee).

I only feel like this gen they are going MEGA crazy cause its new and exciting!

Next gen should be a mix of more MEGAs and new cross-gen evolutions, hopefully.

I am legitimately afraid that Mega Evolutions mean no new cross-gen evolutions in upcoming gens (apart from Eevee).

They probably won't add many regular evolutions for gen 7. We're already clocking up 719 pokemon. (721 if you include the 2 legendaries that aren't released yet)

There's also only so many combinations in typings as well. It's probably getting harder and harder for them to think of new pokemon each gen. Fairy type does mix it up a bit but that just means we'll be seeing more fairy mixups. There is still a lot of pokemon that can get an evolution. Eevee still has many types to get evos for (Give me a damn ghost or dragon eevee). Right now gen 6 seems to be more about establishing it's online/tourny system given how active it is in that front.

edit: also picked up a whole pokemon tcg deck for $5 brand new. the code for the online tcg is worth more than that alone lol.

*suspects that if a Ghost-type and a Dragon-type Eeveelution were to exist, they would have the most horrifying and nonsensical fan "backstories" respectively*

lupinko

Not just plushes. They seem to be expanding the line.

WAuIpMw.jpg

I remember seeing stuff on these a while ago so not super new I think either? If there was a Charmander one I would buy :3

I've been living here in Japan since January and have went to this PC all the time since then and it's the first time I've seen any merch of Pokemon Oops.

Also they rarely bring back stuff, once it's gone, it's gone.

Firestorm

I've been living here in Japan since January and have went to this PC all the time since then and it's the first time I've seen any merch of Pokemon Oops.

Also they rarely bring back stuff, once it's gone, it's gone.
Couldn't sworn I'd heard of it before so did some google work and at the very least this was sold last year: http://therandominmyhead.tumblr.com/post/59213589312/cute-oops-a4-clearfile-and-memopad

Think there was an old plush and some other stuff too.

Wow, those are terrible.
D:
ur terible

Top Bottom