• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Caladrius

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
How the heck does Froakie learn Cut naturally.
What the heck is the point of Cut on Froakie.
Seriously, everything's so weird now.

in anime any attack can become amazing

friggin quick attack is sanic speed and iron tail can split the heavens

Renta

Banned
Any word on the ORAS demo distribution in NA? Official site just says "stay tuned for details." Isn't the demo supposed to release in like a week?

I don't think we're getting the demo on the 15th like most of the world is, and I bet it's cause of GameStop somehow finding a way to secure it as an "exclusive demo" for pre-ordering. :p

Renta

Banned
I don't think we're getting the demo on the 15th like most of the world is, and I bet it's cause of GameStop somehow finding a way to secure it as an "exclusive demo" for pre-ordering. :p

I was thinking that, but surely they would have announced something by now right? These are pretty big pokemon games, it's so strange not seeing any major pre-order bonuses or anything for NA at this point.

Boss Doggie

1412850865648docms.jpg

not bad

lupinko

Was it ever sorted for Canadian retail? I looked on Eshop and it says ORAS can be purchased and downloaded on the 21st, so at the very least the Canadian digital game is not delayed like the European countries.

Boss Doggie

What's better is that the episode showed that not only Salamence are good (that one is mind-controlled), Flygon are actually assholes.

Boss Doggie

Seriously, why did Wigglytuff replace Audino.
What was the point.

Audino even has a Mega.

Kalos region. Same reason as why Unova uses Audino. And Audino aren't as common in Kalos.

Also in said ep they fleshed it out a bit. There's a legend that Kalos was once ravaged by Flygon, but a lone Wigglytuff was able to put a stop on them. Hence why Kalos PCs use them.

Also in this ep Ash hold hands with Nurse Joy (hahahah poor Brock) and Salamence smelled Jessie's shorts.

Also

G9zkPV0.jpg

Also

FUCKING WRESTLEMANIA IN POKEMON ANIME AWW YEAH

I wonder, if we get Gen V Legendary Megas at some point what will they look like? Will they put a bit of Reshiram in Zekrom and vice versa, or go in a different direction? Also I think it'd be a safe bet to say Mega Kyurem would have the appearance of the Original Dragon. Stat wise it would even work out since it would be 60 points higher than Black or White Kyurem.

Holy shit, I just realized that when we get to Black and White remakes the games will look amazing, but what will they do about B2&W2?

WHY AM I ASKING SO MANY QUESTIONS?

http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/

next pokemon movie is ORAS-based

Too be fair they did the same thing with HGSS and the movie wasn't HGSS based.
If it is ORAS based I hope they skip Hoopa(or make it secondary like Meloetta) and make the event legend of focus be Volcanion, him being both water and fire would fit perfectly with the Groudon and Kyogre thing. I hope Mega Rayquaza is in this movie.

Avixph

I wonder, if we get Gen V Legendary Megas at some point what will they look like? Will they put a bit of Reshiram in Zekrom and vice versa, or go in a different direction? Also I think it'd be a safe bet to say Mega Kyurem would have the appearance of the Original Dragon. Stat wise it would even work out since it would be 60 points higher than Black or White Kyurem.

Holy shit, I just realized that when we get to Black and White remakes the games will look amazing, but what will they do about B2&W2?

They can incorporate it's story elements (even the second protagonist) into Black and White.

They can incorporate it's story elements (even the second protagonist) into Black and White.

I could see how they could turn a lot of the story into a post game thing and even incorporate the B2W2 exclusive areas(and maybe even the gyms) into the game, but how would they work the second protag in? Maybe Pokemon will have DLC by that point and they can do it with that.

Caladrius

Mega Beedrill looks delicious.

I imagine they'll take the energy motif even further (not unlike Mega Kyogre and Mega Groudon with their Tron Lines) though the Yin-Yang mixing is also a likely course. (Perhaps even combined).

Mega Kyurem is almost certainly going to be the complete Dragon (unless they go ahead with another form change, though I doubt that since giving something an offensively-geared 760 BST with the ability to use held items would be rather horrific). That was the last major hanging thread from the Unova games and I can't imagine them neglecting that in the remake.

I think they might end up either neglecting the sequels or combining them into the BW1 (Black Blaze and White Bolt?) remakes as a post-story (because for-serious BW mostly had awful post-game quests that merit replacing)

And the future is never certain, so there's never a problem with speculation.

Boss Doggie

Too be fair they did the same thing with HGSS and the movie wasn't HGSS based.
If it is ORAS based I hope they skip Hoopa(or make it secondary like Meloetta) and make the event legend of focus be Volcanion, him being both water and fire would fit perfectly with the Groudon and Kyogre thing. I hope Mega Rayquaza is in this movie.

oh yeah I forgot about that

oh yeah I forgot about that

I remember because at the time Lugia and Ho-oh were my favorite version mascots AND I was excited about Ash finally meeting Ho-oh and then I got super butt mad when that wasn't the movie at all.
Mega Beedrill looks delicious.

I imagine they'll take the energy motif even further (not unlike Mega Kyogre and Mega Groudon with their Tron Lines) though the Yin-Yang mixing is also a likely course. (Perhaps even combined).

Mega Kyurem is almost certainly going to be the complete Dragon (unless they go ahead with another form change, though I doubt that since giving something an offensively-geared 760 BST with the ability to use held items would be rather horrific). That was the last major hanging thread from the Unova games and I can't imagine them neglecting that in the remake.

I think they might end up either neglecting the sequels or combining them into the BW1 (Black Blaze and White Bolt?) remakes as a post-story (because for-serious BW mostly had awful post-game quests that merit replacing)

And the future is never certain, so there's never a problem with speculation.
I think a combining motif for Zekrom and Reshiram would work better due to their origin.

Also I wonder when we're gonna get Mega Lugia and Ho-oh, I mean Mewtwo got it's Mega(s) in XY, now Groudon and Kyogre have theirs(I know it has a different name, but they're just Megas) and obviously Gen IV and beyond will get theirs when their remakes come. I hope we get them this Gen.

Wouldn't they just make Black & White 3 instead of a straight remake?

Why would they? Part of the whole point of the remakes is to allow the newer generations of Pokemon fans to experience a game they missed while also being a great update of a nostalgic game for older fans. By the time we'd get to the remakes of Black and White there will be kids that will buy it that weren't even born when they came out, some even being born a few years after they came out, the absolute earliest we'll get the games is 2020.

Teknoman

I really hope that Deoxys makes a reappearance via a mystery gift wi-fi item. Something that unlocks some small space/meteor riddled area.

Stardust_Comet

Neo Member
I think a combining motif for Zekrom and Reshiram would work better due to their origin.

Also I wonder when we're gonna get Mega Lugia and Ho-oh, I mean Mewtwo got it's Mega(s) in XY, now Groudon and Kyogre have theirs(I know it has a different name, but they're just Megas) and obviously Gen IV and beyond will get theirs when their remakes come. I hope we get them this Gen.

Give it another two handheld game gens, they'll probably make a remake of the remake for both Gen I and Gen II, complete with megas for those legendaries.

Unrelated, but I wonder if they'll ever fix the fact that Nidorina and Nidoqueen still can't breed when their first form, Nidoran can?

I don't really follow the anime but after seeing some trailer with Goomy and Greninja, I went and looked through the anime dex/forums on Serebii and most XY Pokemon have appeared in some decent (eg. not in the background / movie only) way already and it's been just around a year since it started. Only 28 Gen VI Pokemon haven't appeared in the anime properly (includes future episodes) and Diancie, Volcanion and Hoopa mightn't even show up which could bring it down to 25.

I know that there's only 72 new Pokemon in Gen VI but you would think that because of that, they would space them out. HGSS really didn't do anything for the anime so I doubt ORAS will do much here. They can't do the Battle Frontier because they've technically already done that (Sinnoh's BF makes no sense). I know they work close with TPC/Game Freak so I wonder if it means anything or if are they're going to keep re-using them over next 2-3 years.

I don't really follow the anime but after seeing some trailer with Goomy and Greninja, I went and looked through the anime dex/forums on Serebii and most XY Pokemon have appeared in some decent (eg. not in the background / movie only) way already and it's been just around a year since it started. Only 28 Gen VI Pokemon haven't appeared in the anime properly (includes future episodes) and Diancie, Volcanion and Hoopa mightn't even show up which could bring it down to 25.

I know that there's only 72 new Pokemon in Gen VI but you would think that because of that, they would space them out. HGSS really didn't do anything for the anime so I doubt ORAS will do much here. They can't do the Battle Frontier because they've technically already done that (Sinnoh's BF makes no sense). I know they work close with TPC/Game Freak so I wonder if it means anything or if are they're going to keep re-using them over next 2-3 years.
I feel like they are going to stick to a yearly release schedule for Pokemon and we'll see Gen VII in 2016, but that's still 2 years with only a few more Pokemon for the anime.

Boss Doggie

scranderk3s3a.gif

DASH DASH DAM DAM DADAM DASH DASH DAM DAM DADAM

Unlike older seasons XY is more fine with reusing revealed mons.

I feel like they are going to stick to a yearly release schedule for Pokemon and we'll see Gen VII in 2016, but that's still 2 years with only a few more Pokemon for the anime.

Whisper it, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if X and Y 2 had a few new Pokémon in their own right. Not enough to count as a whole new Gen or anything, but to bulk up the Kalos Dex and provide a bit of a USP.

We know from the new ORAS Megas that they aren't afraid of adding new designs now that patching is a reality, so I see no reason why new Pokémon are off the table.

Top Bottom