• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Busaiku

I'm thinking (hoping) that they'll take a break next year, and Z will be in 2016, to cap off 3DS's life.
Similar to Emerald for Gameboy Advance, not quite like like Black/White, coming out before the successor.
Maybe like a March release for that, and then a Fall 2017 release for the 7th generation on the 3DS's successor.

There are lots of Megas, so the show doesn't necessarily need Kalos Pokemon.

Avixph

I'm thinking (hoping) that they'll take a break next year, and Z will be in 2016, to cap off 3DS's life.
Similar to Emerald for Gameboy Advance, not quite like like Black/White, coming out before the successor.
Maybe like a March release for that, and then a Fall 2017 release for the 7th generation on the 3DS's successor.

They need to release more spin-off Pokémon games.

I dunno, I don't think it's as easy to showcase Megas as it is wild Pokémon. You need to have expert trainers and stuff like that- can be a bit limiting.

In any case, they seem to be burning through the Megas in the Mega Evolution Specials, so that's no answer.

L.O.R.D

Junichi Masuda shows of a AZ Floette plush on his twitter

BzrLLgVCIAAXpm7.jpg

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/520966159558914048

AZ Floette distribution soon ?

Stardust_Comet

Neo Member
I'm kind of sad they haven't made another pokemon stadium game since pokemon stadium 2. Those minigames were damn addictive.

Plus now that console games are expected to have some sort of connection to wifi, it'd be interesting to have online stadium battles. They'll probably make a limit like "only use the rental pokemon" for that but it'd be a different sort of challenge, having to battle with only what you're given and not being able to alter the EV's of those pokemon.

Of course that's most likely never happening because of all the pokemon they'd have to make and all those attack animations and then the fainting and status animations for each pokemon. GameFreak would rather be focusing all of that work on the handheld games.

Wel Masuda is not the director for ORAS. That could mean that the next game is probably being released next year seeing as he would've likely directed ORAS if someone else was directing the next project. It's similar to how he directed DP, Pt and BW while someone else directed HGSS and BW2. There's apparently two teams as well but I don't have a source. It makes sense though.

There was a two year gap between Emerald and DP but Emerald released later in the same year as FRLG in Japan and he was directing that so I assume he went straight on to DP. Since that was a new generation of hardware, almost 3 years made sense then but I can't see Z/XY2 taking more than 2 years since they already have the foundation for the region.

Teknoman

Pokemon Bank should be the best way to move teams between XY and ORAS right? Its only a 5 dollar fee for the whole year? I've started to super train the Pokemon that I initially wanted to fight with again (inbetween Link between Worlds and Smash).

Teknoman

I'm kind of sad they haven't made another pokemon stadium game since pokemon stadium 2. Those minigames were damn addictive.

Plus now that console games are expected to have some sort of connection to wifi, it'd be interesting to have online stadium battles. They'll probably make a limit like "only use the rental pokemon" for that but it'd be a different sort of challenge, having to battle with only what you're given and not being able to alter the EV's of those pokemon.

Of course that's most likely never happening because of all the pokemon they'd have to make and all those attack animations and then the fainting and status animations for each pokemon. GameFreak would rather be focusing all of that work on the handheld games.

Well Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii, even for its lack of features, looked and sounded pretty good imo. First 60 fps console battle game too. No odd rules either.

Stardust_Comet

Neo Member
Well Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii, even for its lack of features, looked and sounded pretty good imo. First 60 fps console battle game too. No odd rules either.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that game for a moment (I need to keep better track of my backlog). I guess that means there's hope for a second of that. Maybe they'll put in some of the features they didn't have that Stadium did have. Or at least remove that "starter by gender" thing... come on guys, sure I loved the pokemon starters for the female but I don't want to not have the option to start with some of the pokemon from the male list just because my avvie was female. And I'm sure there are males that feel the same way about the pokemon in the female list.

Whisper it, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if X and Y 2 had a few new Pokémon in their own right. Not enough to count as a whole new Gen or anything, but to bulk up the Kalos Dex and provide a bit of a USP.

We know from the new ORAS Megas that they aren't afraid of adding new designs now that patching is a reality, so I see no reason why new Pokémon are off the table.

Megas are just new forms, they aren't going to add new Pokemon.

Wichu

So a new 'leak' claims that Mega Typhlosion is Fire/Fighting. It's almost certainly fake, but the scary thing is I'm not sure whether Fire/Fighting Mega Typhlosion makes it more or less believable.

So a new 'leak' claims that Mega Typhlosion is Fire/Fighting. It's almost certainly fake, but the scary thing is I'm not sure whether Fire/Fighting Mega Typhlosion makes it more or less believable.

I would laugh so fucking hard.
That would be great. Wonder if the Florges would have different color scheme as well (although I prefer Floette's design regardless).
If I remember correctly it doesn't evolve, it just has Florges's stats.

Wichu

If I remember correctly it doesn't evolve, it just has Florges's stats.

Kinda. Eternal Floette is for all intents and purposes a completely separate species to normal Floette. Its stats are similar to Florges', but focused more offensively (lower HP/Sp. Def, higher Sp. Atk/Speed).

Caladrius

That's new isn't it? I don't remember any other distribution giving a pokemon the BST of another.
Interesting precedent.

Pikachu with a 720 BST incoming

I think a combining motif for Zekrom and Reshiram would work better due to their origin.

Also I wonder when we're gonna get Mega Lugia and Ho-oh, I mean Mewtwo got it's Mega(s) in XY, now Groudon and Kyogre have theirs(I know it has a different name, but they're just Megas) and obviously Gen IV and beyond will get theirs when their remakes come. I hope we get them this Gen.

Probably

And I don't think they're going to make mascot Megas until it's time for their respective remakes. The Megas are probably going to become their main draw from here on out, and they're going to want to make sure that they have the version mascots available for mega forms when the time comes (which is for better or worse going to be in like 8 years minimum)

I say they have only gone too far when Mega Delphox is Fire/Fighting.

Pikachu with a 720 BST incoming

Probably

And I don't think they're going to make mascot Megas until it's time for their respective remakes. The Megas are probably going to become their main draw from here on out, and they're going to want to make sure that they have the version mascots available for mega forms when the time comes (which is for better or worse going to be in like 8 years minimum)

Lugia and Ho-Oh already got their remakes though.
What if we get FireRed LeafGreen remakes before or the year after Z, lol. I actually wouldn't be opposed to it, I mean there have been just as many updates to the game since FRLG as with RSE AND we have tons of Gen I Megas. It'd also be a good way to put a bookend to Gen VI's Gen I fanwank. It would also probably give us the last Gen I Megas that people want so that following games can focus on other Pokemon

Caladrius

Lugia and Ho-Oh already got their remakes though.
What if we get FireRed LeafGreen remakes before or the year after Z, lol. I actually wouldn't be opposed to it, I mean there have been just as many updates to the game since FRLG as with RSE AND we have tons of Gen I Megas. It'd also be a good way to put a bookend to Gen VI's Gen I fanwank. It would also probably give us the last Gen I Megas that people want so that following games can focus on other Pokemon

You just suggested a scenario where they remake a game that's already been remade. :p

And Gen 1 remakes aren't implausible.
I'd be fucking pissed at no Gen 4 remakes beforehand.

It has been 10 years since FR:LG, and on top of that 2016 is the franchise's 20th anniversary. It'd be a very good time to do that, actually.

...Of course, that is also the 10th anniversary of Diamond and Pearl...

You just suggested a scenario where they remake a game that's already been remade. :p

And Gen 1 remakes aren't implausible.
I'd be fucking pissed at no Gen 4 remakes beforehand.

It has been 10 years since FR:LG, and on top of that 2016 is the franchise's 20th anniversary. It'd be a very good time to do that, actually.

...Of course, that is also the 10th anniversary of Diamond and Pearl...

Well ORAS are coming well after the RS 10th anniversary. I think it would kinda make sense to have Z and Gen I remakes close out Gen VI which would also buy them another year before Gen VII which could possibly be a game for Nintendo's next handheld. With a possible fall 2017 release for Gen VII if they do another remake this Gen they would be able to keep the yearly release schedule and (probably) start Gen VII on the next set of hardware. Also We'll get those D/P remakes next gen most likely, I just hope they are more like Platinum because D/P are so fucking boring compared to it.

Alright, something is bothering me. I went back and started watching the original series. Professor Oak gave out the 3 starters before Ash got there. Gary got the Squirtle but who got the other two? The samurai kid in Viridian forest says he was beat by 3 Pallet Town trainers as do the 3 sisters in Cerulean. Does this ever get explained?

Alright, something is bothering me. I went back and started watching the original series. Professor Oak gave out the 3 starters before Ash got there. Gary got the Squirtle but who got the other two? The samurai kid in Viridian forest says he was beat by 3 Pallet Town trainers as do the 3 sisters in Cerulean. Does this ever get explained?

Gary or Oak explain later on that the other two trainers were never able to make it as far as Ash and Gary did, so they quit.

We are in the Patch era. Thinking that some Mega Evolutions will be restricted to ORAS is... uh... I don't know what word should I use not to offend anyone ;_;

And then we already saw Latios and Latias megaevolved when that guy did the datamining or whatever that showed Diancie, Volcanion and Hoopa, so they can work. Somehow.

... unless Megastones are restricted to each pair of games (XY and ORAS), then I'll take my leave.

We are in the Patch era. Thinking that some Mega Evolutions will be restricted to ORAS is... uh... I don't know what word should I use not to offend anyone ;_;

And then we already saw Latios and Latias megaevolved when that guy did the datamining or whatever that showed Diancie, Volcanion and Hoopa, so they can work. Somehow.

... unless Megastones are restricted to each pair of games (XY and ORAS), then I'll take my leave.
Mega Lati@s is in XY because they made them during the development of XY, the other ORAS Megas are not in XY. The new Megas will no doubt be exclusive to ORAS as they are a selling point and time and money went into making them for ORAS so they aren't just going to let XY users have them for free. You'll still be able to use them online against XY, it's just that unless GameFreak patches the models into XY people playing those games will see the regular version of that Pokémon with a Mega symbol next to their name.

Stardust_Comet

Neo Member

I think I'd cry if that happened. Not sure if they'd be tears of laughter or tears of extreme disappointment.

Gonna agree with Arched Thunder. The designs and codes for the ORAS megas aren't in XY so it's not likely they'll make a patch for people to play them there.

What I can see happening though is that in Z or X2Y2, they'll probably include the the code and designs of the ORAS megas there, just to give you another reason to buy that game when it comes out.

Gonna agree with Arched Thunder. The designs and codes for the ORAS megas aren't in XY so it's not likely they'll make a patch for people to play them there.

What I can see happening though is that in Z or X2Y2, they'll probably include the the code and designs of the ORAS megas there, just to give you another reason to buy that game when it comes out.
Without a doubt this will happen. Each new game will include all previous Megas.

Teknoman

Oh yeah, I forgot about that game for a moment (I need to keep better track of my backlog). I guess that means there's hope for a second of that. Maybe they'll put in some of the features they didn't have that Stadium did have. Or at least remove that "starter by gender" thing... come on guys, sure I loved the pokemon starters for the female but I don't want to not have the option to start with some of the pokemon from the male list just because my avvie was female. And I'm sure there are males that feel the same way about the pokemon in the female list.

Yeah I'd really like a Wii U battle game, even if its digital only.

Edit: could we carry data over from the oras demo?

Caladrius

Well ORAS are coming well after the RS 10th anniversary. I think it would kinda make sense to have Z and Gen I remakes close out Gen VI which would also buy them another year before Gen VII which could possibly be a game for Nintendo's next handheld. With a possible fall 2017 release for Gen VII if they do another remake this Gen they would be able to keep the yearly release schedule and (probably) start Gen VII on the next set of hardware. Also We'll get those D/P remakes next gen most likely, I just hope they are more like Platinum because D/P are so fucking boring compared to it.

Also true

D/P remakes are almost certainly going to borrow a lot from Platinum. The sheer amount of changes made to that version seem to have been done in response to criticisms leveled against the base pair. You don't get that much right unless your realize something went very, very wrong.

They should've used a cheat code like Ash did.

Ash would probably just corrupt his save.

-Horizon-

Since people were predicting future releases, I'll do too.
Pokemon Z/X2/Y2 late 2015 - new 3ds enhanced, still playable on regular 3ds
Pokemon 7th gen 2017 - on new nintendo handheld (not new 3ds) that still has BC with DS and 3DS games
Pokemon FR/LG remake sometime between these two (just a gut feeling)

Ash would probably just corrupt his save.
Oh joy. Explains why his Pokemon's stats reset every time.

harmonize

I would rather they do a clean reboot than to remake the Kanto games again. FR/LG are still playable.
So is Emerald, but that hasn't stopped the Hoenn remakes.

If I had to wager, I'd imagine we'll see another dual RGB remakes sometime during 2016, definitely before Diamond and Pearl get their turn. They're going to be the only games not playable on the 3DS in about a month, I can't imagine Gamefreak wouldn't want to rectify that considering they're the most popular games in the franchise and they're about to have an opportune time to market them well due to their twentieth anniversary swiftly approaching.

Top Bottom