• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
From the statement, I think it means the megas won't appear to be obtainable in XY, but you can still fight against them.

Boss Doggie

I don't know how much more specific you can get than "there will be no patch", personally.

there will be no patch in adding them being obtainable in XY, at least that's how I see it

technically you could still fight the origin form and fused form in BW vs BW2 matches

And, just in time to make me look stupid, Masuda's confirmed that there won't be a patch for X and Y.

Unforgivably lazy and stupid. Shouldn't be surprised, coming from the company that considers player customisation an eminently cuttable feature, and hasn't been bothered to fix their shitty unoptimised engine at any point in the last year.

Sigh.

I tried to tell you, there is no need to patch XY. It's very clear how they will deal with the Megas when playing against XY, but I am interested to see what route they go for the new moves and abilities.

I tried to tell you, there is no need to patch XY.

A need? Maybe not. And yes, perhaps I shouldn't have expected it. It's something that we should be able to expect from one of the most profitable franchises on the goddamned planet, though.

I file this one under the customisation thing- they couldn't be arsed, so they made up some cack-handed shrug of an excuse to try and disguise their own laziness. I'm normally quite forgiving of this sort of thing, but there is a limit, and limiting Pokémon formes to certain games thanks to laziness and inertia is well past it.

Boss Doggie

Still I need clarification on your complaint - is it being unable to have a Mega Audino on XY or being unable to fight a Mega Audino in a XY vs ORAS match up?

Still I need clarification on your complaint - is it being unable to have a Mega Audino on XY or being unable to fight a Mega Audino in a XY vs ORAS match up?

Both?

There should be no reason I'm unable to do either. This is 2014- old excuses about the games not being patchable don't apply any more.

harmonize

Megas truly must be what Gamefreak have always wanted legendaries to be: powerful creatures that they can introduce at any point in the generation, that you HAVE to purchase the corresponding game they're in to obtain. Trade Kyogre over from a friend's game to complete your pokedex while saving your cash by not actually having to buy something new? That's too bad, you're still missing out on his strongest form that you can only get by giving them your money.

Boss Doggie

Both?

There should be no reason I'm unable to do either. This is 2014- old excuses about the games not being patchable don't apply any more.

Latter is doable without patch.

As for former, it's GameFreak. Also weren't DS games able to be patched? So back then they could already do that if they want to.

With that said Serebii does make a point about patches being easy to delete and causing errors.

-Horizon-

Lack of customization aside, I'm still really excited for this. Finally saw the flying over Hoenn video, umph, so good. Seeing Hoenn at night finally with the city lights below, umph, amazing.

Stardust_Comet

Neo Member
Megas truly must be what Gamefreak have always wanted legendaries to be: powerful creatures that they can introduce at any point in the generation, that you HAVE to purchase the corresponding game they're in to obtain. Trade Kyogre over from a friend's game to complete your pokedex while saving your cash by not actually having to buy something new? That's too bad, you're still missing out on his strongest form that you can only get by giving them your money.

Pretty much this.

technically speaking you don't need megas to "complete" your dex, hell, you just need to fight them
I wasn't even specifically referring to megas. I've been a huge pokemon fan for over 15 years now and still haven't completed a regular dex in any game ever, let alone a living one. Every year when a new gen/remake/third version/sequel comes out, I always vow to myself that THIS will be the game where I finally realize my destiny of becoming a pokemaster by completing a living dex -- and it never happens.

I vow to myself that Alpha Sapphire will be the game where I finally realize my destiny of becoming a pokemaster by completing the living dex

Caladrius

To be fair the only pokemon that matters to the anime in the long term is the one that doesn't evolve, so that's probably where the misconception comes from

I'm saying they need to get rid of pikachu

Ahhh the Rustboro and Abandoned Ship ORAS music xD
Pleasantly surprised at the former. They've kept the breezy feel with far less shrillness to it. But there's some edge when necessary, mainly when the organ steps in for a phase and then goes into the lower voices. Very orthodox in structure, yet the song feels renewed, more flighty than before without going for HG/SS Viridian City's straightforward bossa nova. Abandoned Ship doesn't get this level of work on it, but it's a more active piece than before, save a loss of dynamics and the previous organ.

Battle music's fine, but yeah, lost the high trumpets for a mix of strings and middle-to-low brass. Less punch to it, even if that's easier for some ears.

I'm cautious to judge the music based on how Utuber's been recording it. Timpani's always the worst affected, and I don't know if that's a recording flaw or inherent to the soundtrack. What's the best sound quality yet available? And do my eyes deceive or is Morikazu Aoki back to arrange the music? (Wondering if that's just a placeholder, since Adachi and Sato couldn't be too busy).

So I went to EB Games yesterday to get Shiny Gengar, but they were all out of Gengar codes so they gave me this instead.

D6Wiems.jpg

Busaiku

I mean, in the worst case scenario, you can just get another code during the official distribution period.
Unless it's only 1 code per game or something.

lupinko

Does anyone know where to find working AR Max codes for Emerald? I want to get easy BP without the grind to retrofit all these Jirachi and Celebi (as well as my shiny Gen 3 legendaries) with move tutors moves.

Not emulator, I was able to buy an PAR for GBA off ebay. English and Japanese codes welcomed.

I realized I could also farm Mew and Deoxys this way too.

harmonize

Even so, they clearly forgot about Butterfree, (arguably) Primeape, and CHARIZARD.
Kingler and Pidgeot too.

If we count Primeape, Ash evolved as many Pokemon in season one alone as he did in the seven seasons that comprised Gen II and III combined, people just tend to forget because 3 out of his 4 most used Pokemon were unevolved Gen I starters.

are they gonna retcon raichu as dedenne's evo

Would be a smart move. It would make Raichu matter again and add fairy typing to its Electric type. It would also give GameFreak a reason to raise both Raichu and Pikachu's stats since Pika is now a final evolution and Raichu now has a Fairy typing.

Then they'll both get mega's.

I'm probably completely wrong but maybe those jogger people?

Judging by the fact that the "punk" class in ORAS seems to have a Plusle on the back of their jackets, I'd guess that this is probably a new female variation of the punk class.

BTW, (ORAS leak spoilers!)
it was confirmed that every member of the Elite Four has a Mega Pokemon now, which is pretty darn cool, IMO. More challenge is never a bad thing!

Judging by the fact that the "punk" class in ORAS seems to have a Plusle on the back of their jackets, I'd guess that this is probably a new female variation of the punk class.

it was confirmed that every member of the Elite Four has a Mega Pokemon now, which is pretty darn cool, IMO. More challenge is never a bad thing!

Also apparently starting with Norman all of the Gym Leaders have higher level Pokemon than the original. I haven't seen the numbers, I just saw someone say that in the datemine thread.

-Horizon-

That's one hot punk, umph.

Top Bottom