• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

So many images datamined. Winona is a definite upgrade. Lets not talk about Wallace though. Drake and Glacia are almost no change which is fine too.

TkaK0K1.png

Cx1mL3U.png

70o6spV.png

skKVdSs.png

l6gXrbR.png

Caladrius

It kind of just hit me how fucking terrifying V-Create running off of 180 Base attack is going to be.

So many images datamined. Winona is a definite upgrade. Lets not talk about Wallace though. Drake and Glacia are almost no change which is fine too.

Wallace would have been fine if he had been given a regular pair of pants and jacket. As it is the outfit is too much even for me.

Caladrius

Here are all the new Trainer models next to the old ones:
**Click to Enlarge.**

It's crazy, every generic male trainer except for the dragon tamer looks dramatically better.

That Jogger and that Cyclist...(◕‿◕✿)

I wouldn't mind too much if he just didn't have that weird patch of exposed skin.

Apparently Wallace is going for the "inevitable wardrobe malfunction" look.

Teknoman

Listening to the music videos on youtube of ORAS is just divine.

Links for the love of all things please.

EDIT: I'll never get tired of Rustboro's theme. If its one thing certain Pokemon town themes have, its that they vacuum seal in nostalgic. I cant wait to hear ORAS versions of:

Mount Chimney, Rt.104, 113, and 119. Deoxys better be accessible.

Stardust_Comet

Neo Member
how do the Pokemon Rangers keep getting more and more badass?

At one point, they'll make the Rangers so badass that they'll have to resort to making all battles against Poke Rangers ON MOTORCYCLES.

Because nothing says badass more than playing a children's card gamehaving a pokemon battle on a motorcycle.

spiritfox

At one point, they'll make the Rangers so badass that they'll have to resort to making all battles against Poke Rangers ON MOTORCYCLES.

Because nothing says badass more than playing a children's card gamehaving a pokemon battle on a motorcycle.

Have you forgotten the Bikers on the Cycling Route in Kanto?

Though I guess the player needs something cooler than a dinky bicycle.

Panzon

Was reading the base stats for all new Megas but I'm not sure how credible the site was. Have they officially realeased them?

Cant find anything in JoeM's site either...

Ps: Poor Wally. Totally wrecked his design

Caladrius

We need a collab with the NaruTaru guy so we can go full circle

Pokemon will come to be the name of true terror.

Was reading the base stats for all new Megas but I'm not sure how credible the site was. Have they officially realeased them?

Cant find anything in JoeM's site either...

They're probably legit. The game was datamined less than 3 days ago by the same people who discovered Mega Lati@s in X and Y

Smogon has them too (though you have to search the database).

-Horizon-

Caladrius

He's good, you just gotta suffer with a super slow Trapnich and a god awful in stats Vibrava.

I see. Thank you. I'll probably trade the trapinch to Y and twink it to evolution.

Looks like my Alpha Sapphire team is probably going to be Sceptile, Gallade, Gardevoir, Aggron, Crawdaunt and Flygon.

OK, I never played the original RS games, but I'm guessing ORAS is going to have Pokemon found in the same locations at the same point in the game for the most part, so I'd like to ask if any of my team that I want to make are found really late/in post game?

I'm planning on going with:

• Swampert
  • Breloom
  • Flygon
  • Tropius
  • Ludicolo

And either Slaking, Sealeo, Exploud, Mawile, Cradily, Camerupt, or Altaria as my 6th.

So, which of these can be found in game in RS before, lets say the 6th Gym?

I'll be going with Swampert, Exploud, Cacturne, Gallade, Armaldo and Altaria. I might sub Wallrein for Armaldo if it doesn't work out, though.

Postgame I want to train a Mega Beedrill and Magnezone, because I hear thay they have awesome psynergy together.

I went Kalos only in X/Y so I'll go Hoenn only in ORAS as well but I haven't really thought about what I'll use yet. Might use one of Plusle and Minun since I haven't used those before.

brinstar

Is Flygon any good during the main game. Always wanted to use him but by the time I got the chance to get Trapinch I always had a full team.

I used Flygon in Black 2 and the Trapinch stage is ridiculously powerful compared to all the other basic Pokemon around when you can catch it in that one, but Vibrava suuuucks. I think you have to put up with it for 10 levels before it becomes Flygon.

I used Flygon in Black 2 and the Trapinch stage is ridiculously powerful compared to all the other basic Pokemon around when you can catch it in that one, but Vibrava suuuucks. I think you have to put up with it for 10 levels before it becomes Flygon.

At least now it's worth sticking it out with Vibrava.

Leak Spoilers
Vibrava now learns Boomburst at Level 47 so you should hold off on evolving for two levels.

upandaway

I used Flygon when I played Black, and I loved him. He was the first Pokemon I got to level 100 and the one I used for all the miscellaneous postgame stuff. Watch him make a comeback when he gets an OU Mega while Megamence resorts to paraflinching in ubers.

Teknoman

I used to really like Sceptile...but now I think i'm leaning towards Swampert. Especially since it and Blaziken have better looking megas. On that note, it sucks that Mega Glalie doesnt animate well. No mouth movements or anything.

Top Bottom