• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Okay then I will Pm each of you a code.

Oh wow thanks!

Ah. I vaguely remember May doing something but Brock and whats-his-face definitely seemed kind of there.

I think I dropped the PKMN anime a little bit after the dub casting change.

To be fair, that's typically been the case for most of Ash's sidekicks. They were basically either being useless, taking part in contests, being FABULOUS or the worst character ever.

-------------------------------------------------

Sidenote, kinda surprised that I'm still able to get the special Pumpkaboo via Wi-Fi for my X/Y. Not sure what Nintendo magic is going on here.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I would honestly much rather have 2 characters doing the same thing than 1 character doing nothing, like Serena.

Not pokemon fighting =/= not doing anything

her goal is pretty much finding out what she wants to do

Don't worry, X/Y is pretty much have 3 characters doing nothing.

that was Pokemon BW

Clemont really is with them so that he can learn from Ash

Teknoman

Was it ever found out what Zygarde is supposed to be based off?

Also, is it just me, or is finding and catching legendaries alot less exciting these days since they're pretty much banned from tournaments / no one wants to fight them in friendly online battles? I will say legendary battle themes from RSE onward have been pretty hype inducing though. Especially RSE and XY.

Caladrius

So it seems I'm not going to be able to play ORAS (managed to secure both versions) until Christmas. Ho-hum.

Was it ever found out what Zygarde is supposed to be based off?

Zygarde's physical appearance is modeled after the Yggdrasil dragon Niddhoggr, and his lore is loosely based off of Vishnu the preserver.(Including traveling to the world of humans to correct imbalance by force.)

To be fair, that's typically been the case for most of Ash's sidekicks. They were basically either being useless, taking part in contests, being FABULOUS or the worst character ever.

This is true. I really do wish they could retire Ash so that the story wouldn't revolve around him.

That and post-timeskip Ash should become a thing so I can see my first childhood boy-crush all grown up. >__>

TMI?

Caladrius

They had their chance back after the Indigo League.

To be fair nobody anticipated that things would take off as well as they did.

Then again they could have cut him off after Johto... I thought him going on after that severely cheapened that series' ending. (Which angers me because that's one of the few times I felt anything for a fictional work)

Vylash

Never had a chance to go to a Gamestop so meh.

Well May had a goal, since she was basically there to hax her way through contests.

So there was only two dead weights in Gen 3 anime.

man, remember when they brought May back just to have Dawn beat her? good times

Stardust_Comet

Neo Member
It would be great if finally we get Ash winning a league, then they can do a short epilogue just saying "he became the greatest and lived happily ever after".

Starting next season, the new protag will be Ash's kid, whose starter is a pikachu that was bred from Ash's pikachu. The professor that gives Ash's kid the pokedex will be Professor Gary Oak.

No need to change pokemon's mascot pokemon. And if they really wanted to be lazy, no need to change the appearance of the protag. Make Ash have a boy that looks exactly like him, give that boy some new clothes, and done. New character is made.

But wait, who is the kid's mother?
We will never see the mother, and any time she's referred to, it will just be by "mother". She will always be conveniently out, working with pokemon whenever the new protag returns home.

L.O.R.D

MUST ... CATCH ... PSYDUCK

pokemon_oras__primal_weather_by_ky_nim-d83g2b7.png

this is a proof that Cloud Nine is a counter to strong weather

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ot3Njdzvc

about weather ability between the trio , the last pokemon activate his ability , it will stay in the battle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ot3Njdzvc

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So there's a calendar image for the anime, it has Braixen, Rhyhorn, Treeko (NOT Sceptile) and Frogadier along with Chespin, Dedenne and Pikachu.

Avixph

So the diancee pokemon event is out? I am not from US so is there a way to get her?

Me, if you want of course
The Diancie event won't begin until the current event is over on October 26 begun yet, but that doesn't stop someone from going to their local game store and request a code card.
Also I will give the shiny Gengar code to the person that responded to post #16288 and If it's possible I will get more codes tomorrow.

So I was afraid that I wasn't going to be able to download the ORAS demo when it released tomorrow because last night my Internet turned to shit (886ms Ping/.46down/.03up) and I was pissed off. The technician just left and came to the conclusion that someone was literally stealing my Internet via wi-fi. I have now changed my password to something long and ridiculous and my Internet is good again and now I can enjoy ORAS tomorrow.

I have one neighbor and he is a doctor, GUESS I CAN PUT HIM ON THE LIST OF DOCTORS TO NEVER SEE!

Vylash

So I was afraid that I wasn't going to be able to download the ORAS demo when it released tomorrow because last night my Internet turned to shit (886ms Ping/.46down/.03up) and I was pissed off. The technician just left and came to the conclusion that someone was literally stealing my Internet via wi-fi. I have now changed my password to something long and ridiculous and my Internet is good again and now I can enjoy ORAS tomorrow.

I have one neighbor and he is a doctor, GUESS I CAN PUT HIM ON THE LIST OF DOCTORS TO NEVER SEE!

I wish that event Pokemon had perfect IVs, or at least were assured 3 perfect IVs. I guess I'll just keep soft reseting till I get a good Shiny Gengar.

Thanks again Avixph!

Top Bottom