• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Busaiku

What am I looking at?

9vDQh8I.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
marshtomp japan meme

Also I know furious fists is irrelevant from Pokken, just thought maybe it'd pull some of the roster from there

Busaiku

Wow, this sleeping Pikachu theme is awesome.
Pokecenter theme on regularly, when you open it from sleep, you get the healing.

Boss Doggie

Wow, this sleeping Pikachu theme is awesome.
Pokecenter theme on regularly, when you open it from sleep, you get the healing.

Sucks that this (and Kyogre/Groudon) doesn't replicate the move and select sfx, but just the 3DS's move and select sfx.

Boss Doggie

...It's a fighting type themed set....

I know it's a card set unrelated to Pokken. I am not uninformed, nor trying to connect or relate the two. I'm just wondering if they might pull some roster references from it. I am not saying they'll put all of the featured FF cards because it's a fighting deck and the game is a fighter. Just maybe one or two inspired from appearing in it.

I know it's a card set unrelated to Pokken. I am not uninformed, nor trying to connect or relate the two. I'm just wondering if they might pull some roster references from it. I am not saying they'll put all of the featured FF cards because it's a fighting deck and the game is a fighter. Just maybe one or two inspired from appearing in it.

I just think you're overthinking it.

This isn't Valve lol.

Anyone have a non-NA ludicolo (or preevo) with 5-6 IVs? Looking to start breeding lotads for a shiny. Gonna hit up the XY thread as well. Let me know :)

Corgi

Banned
Hi folks... Trying to figure something out. Been just booting up my old pokemon games to see where I left off. Usually its around when you finish all the end game story stuff (non frontier or challenge stuff). Most of stuff around about 20-30 hours... yet for some reason my black 2 save is high 40's and I'm still not done with team plasma stuff post elite 4.

Did that game have quite a bit more content or did I leave my ds on for a while?

heck even my heart gold save with mewtwo just caught was like 25hrs.

weird.

Corgi

Banned
dont think so.

And just fighting some trainers... man this game was pretty tough. not many pokemon games with random trainers with lvl 60s. Few that requires pretty frequent potion use just against trainers.

probably why i enjoyed this the most and was pretty disappointed with how broken exp share was for XY. I'm pretty sure it defaults on, so why wasn't the game balanced around that >.>"

event blazeken was lvl 90 by elite 4 and I barely used him.

Firestorm

How have they sill not announced a 3DS and/or Wii U version of Pokemon TCG Online?
Nope. And I just spent 3 hours last night getting the cards I need for my deck. If I could just pay a monthly fee and have everything they'd have my money so fast :( At least let me buy singles TPCi!

Stuart444

So I've started watching the XY anime (bought off itunes >.> just finished episode 18). I'm really enjoying the anime. I enjoyed the BW anime but I think XY may end up being one of my faves of the series now. Need t watch more before I can say for sure.

I really like Serena, Clemont and Bonnie though and Ash has had some great battles so far. Also Episode 14 (the
Espurr episode
) was really nice if a bit sad. Probably one of my favourite (filler) episodes so far.

Also I love the Op.

Boss Doggie

Well, I'd suggest you to watch the subs instead, but this is better than none.

I'm getting frustrated at DexNav :(

Though I caught my first shiny!

Anustart

I need help! My daughter is getting into the pokemon tcg and I don't know what would be great to get her for christmas. She basically only has a couple cards at the moment. What should I be getting here?

I need help! My daughter is getting into the pokemon tcg and I don't know what would be great to get her for christmas. She basically only has a couple cards at the moment. What should I be getting here?

If she doesn't have any decks, I suggest buying a trainer kit or a battle set.

A trainer kit can be played by 2 people with a half-game ruleset due to splitting it's deck in half.

A battle set are two whole decks which allows 2 people to play the game fully.

Both comes with the usual instructions and so forth on how to play. With a deck as a starting point, if she gets more cards she can then modify the deck any which way.

Below is a trainer kit example

5159nfqc7sL._SX300_.jpg

This one is the battle set

61ARmto6GyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Firestorm

Are you starting to take her to your local league (meet other kids to play with)?

The Battle Arena looks like a great buy. Lets you play with her with a full deck and comes with some really handy cards. Two Muscle Bands is great given I just paid $4 for one a few days ago. Has Yveltal, Xerneas, and Aromatisse in case she ever feels like playing a Dark or Fairy deck. Not to mention between the two decks you'll get 4x Sycamore (will be a standard in every deck for the next 2+ years), 2x Lysandre, a Professors Letter, 4x Ultra Ball, and some other stuff.

Busaiku

The winter collection is up on Pokemon Center.
Has the Santa Pikachu and the snow Pokemon (Pikachu and starters).
The greetings cards look nice.

Also, holy crap, they've got Ken Sugimori prints.
But they're $250 a pop...
They look super good though.
Froakie's shocked expression at Xerneas is amazing.

Whew...

I've finally gotten pretty much everything I needed to get. At least, the legendary Pokémon. Now I should be able to have fun the normal way and stop worrying about resets.

Top Bottom