• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

People have managed to create some surprisingly high quality art using the 3DS.

zlcfzseadqmhm42riu3dupu.jpg

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAADcU5Qtox7Fcg

Junahu

Behold, the trainer who will have the honour of booting Ash of the league this region.
Surely that would mean Ash is getting a Mega Charizard Y to battle him with... right? They wouldn't just leave both series without adequate resolution.......... riiiiiiiiiight?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
vR8GRY0.png

cleaner version

...this is so homoerotic it makes Clemont jealous

Also I hope Noibat won't be Gligar 2.0

Behold, the trainer who will have the honour of booting Ash of the league this region.

Nah knowing how things will work, Alain is going to be "evil" by the time Ash meets him, and he'll be defeated because of convictions and such. He'll be aligned by Team Flare, and it is shown that he isn't interested in doing Gyms, etc. so he won't be participating in the league. Instead he'd be for the Team Flare finale.

He's like The Sauce.

I actually like this, a rival but not related to the league.

Surely that would mean Ash is getting a Mega Charizard Y to battle him with... right? They wouldn't just leave both series without adequate resolution.......... riiiiiiiiiight?
I really wish Alain wouldn't wear giant pipe cleaners

but besides that, so much hype

well expect for the charizard charizard showdown

He cosplays his mon. Thank god Ash isn't that... weird. And yeah we'll probably get that Zard vs Zard battle.

Anyway I can't wait for this.

275.gif
b73.gif

Wonder if Fletchinder will evolve in that gym battle, lol

Actually I wonder if that Groyvle kid will end up being the rival who knocks Ash out since he did appear in the opening first and haven't really done anything of importance since then.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
To be fair, despite having plenty of flying types (half of his team), only 2 of them are weak for each of flying type weakness.

Hawlucha and Fletchinder are weak to Electric
Noibat and Hawlucha are weak to Ice
Noibat and Fletchinder are weak to Rock

JoeM86

May 8th and nothing new game wise. Think my theory is coming to fruition. Of course there's still E3 but I don't think that's likely.

Also, the Get TV episodes for the next two weeks make no reference to new game news.

Looking at the new opening again, wonder if it'll be a while before Eevee joins. It's absent from like all of the group shots and it gets a special segment to itself.

Unless it's going to be another Goomy where we all love it and its gets ripped away from us.

May 8th and nothing new game wise. Think my theory is coming to fruition. Of course there's still E3 but I don't think that's likely.

Also, the Get TV episodes for the next two weeks make no reference to new game news.

I'm tellin you brah, it's gonna get announced at E3.

Na. All evidence is that we're not getting one this year.

My money is on one at Feb 2016 with an announcement at the World Championships this August, if not September with CoroCoro.

I'm not saying they'll release this year, I've been saying February as long as you have, but E3 is the perfect place to announce. I don't think they're gonna use CoroCoro to announce a main series game again, they've been making sure the announcements are worldwide and what better place to make a big worldwide announcement than E3.

JoeM86

I'm not saying they'll release this year, I've been saying February as long as you have, but E3 is the perfect place to announce. I don't think they're gonna use CoroCoro to announce a main series game again, they've been making sure the announcements are worldwide and what better place to make a big worldwide announcement than E3.

It'd be way too in advance to announce a game that isn't a generation starter.

Also, even though the announcements have been worldwide lately, they've all coincided with the release of CoroCoro still

Andrefpvs

Hey guys, to those of you who played Colosseum, can you play through the entire game with a linked GBA in Gamecube port 1? Or do you need a GC controller (which I no longer have :< )

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hey guys, to those of you who played Colosseum, can you play through the entire game with a linked GBA in Gamecube port 1? Or do you need a GC controller (which I no longer have :< )

You need a GC controller...which have been reissued en masse because of Smash.

Dak'kon

Hey, I figured this would be the best place to ask.

I got into Pokemon with X/Y but wanted to go back and play some of the older games and fill out some of the Pokedex before moving onto Omega Ruby. I've already played Soul Silver and I'm now looking to play BW/B2W2. I have B&W and White 2 (but not Black 2).

I've done a bit of research and the best thing to do if I want the largest variety in Pokemon is to play White and White 2 rather than Black and then White 2, right? That's the only way to get both Reshiram and Zekrom but what about the other version exclusives? Will I miss out on more by playing both White games rather than one White and one Black?

DaBoss

I got into Pokemon with X/Y but wanted to go back and play some of the older games and fill out some of the Pokedex before moving onto Omega Ruby. I've already played Soul Silver and I'm now looking to play BW/B2W2. I have B&W and White 2 (but not Black 2).

I've done a bit of research and the best thing to do if I want the largest variety in Pokemon is to play White and White 2 rather than Black and then White 2, right? That's the only way to get both Reshiram and Zekrom but what about the other version exclusives? Will I miss out on more by playing both White games rather than one White and one Black?
Check these links:
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/exclusives.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/exclusives.shtml

At first glance, it seems like the best option would be to go from Black to White 2 since that would provide the most Pokemon for dex completion, but you will miss out on Zekrom.

Junahu

At first glance, it seems like the best option would be to go from Black to White 2 since that would provide the most Pokemon for dex completion, but you will miss out on Zekrom.
If you're getting Omega Ruby specifically, then you'd need White in order to get Thundurus... unless you feel like playing Pokemon Dream Radar.

Dak'kon

Great, thanks for the replies. I was given OR as a gift but I'd rather pick up AS anyway since I prefer Kyogre and that will give me Thunderus and Zekrom if I go Black -> White 2 -> AS

Top Bottom