• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

JoeM86

Apparently go blame reddit

I didn't post it for a reason, but it still spread. I thought the fact that it said information on Pokémon, Yo-kai Watch and Monster Hunter 4G in one sentence, with the last one clearly being out already, would have been a dead giveaway.

In hindsight, I should have posted it as not being big to stop this, but the last times I did that, people claim I was "confirming a fake" and use it against me.

It's sad that because of localization circumstance and ORAS coming out one year after XY that people thought Pokemon had become an actual annual franchise.
I'm going to laugh if after getting a game in February 2016 we don't get another game until Holiday 2017, people will get so itchy for an announcement.

JoeM86

It's sad that because of localization circumstance and ORAS coming out one year after XY that people thought Pokemon had become an actual annual franchise.
I'm going to laugh if after getting a game in February 2016 we don't get another game until Holiday 2017, people will get so itchy for an announcement.

The hilarious thing is that people would use 2016/2017 to be evidence of annualisation in a few years despite there would be more months between Feb 2016 and October 2017 than November 2014 and Feb 2016

The hilarious thing is that people would use 2016/2017 to be evidence of annualisation in a few years despite there would be more months between Feb 2016 and October 2017 than November 2014 and Feb 2016

"We got a game in 2016 and one in 2017, I don't care if they were just shy of 2 years apart, your argument is invalid."
It'd be extra hilarious if they announced it on the 1 year anniversary of the February game.

JoeM86

I just hope nothing suddenly shows up :p

Though really, the episode titles from the magazine leaked. So unlikely for that to leak and a game not to if there was one.

Kinsei

Banned

I was under the impression that people thought that because the series was annual starting with Platinum. With the exception of Black 2/White 2 which in itself was an anomaly since there wasn't a remake.

If they keep up with the localizations coming out at the same time/ a week or so later than the Japanese release then I do believe we'll get a mainline Pokemon game this year.

Yeah apparently a one hour special, with the Pikachu film and flying trio (Noibat, Hawlucha, Fletchinder) ep back to back.

I wonder why the Pikachu film is listed as five episodes despite being as long as a 30-min ep

5 versions of cosplay Pikachu, 5 different episodes of them doing stuff?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
5 versions of cosplay Pikachu, 5 different episodes of them doing stuff?

Whoops, seems like they're basing it in 2ch listing for now. And there are 4 pikachu "eps" followed by the flying trio ep.

>XY77: Pikachu Becomes a Star!? Its Movie Debut!! [Jun 18th]
>XY78: How to Pikachu the Movie! All Right! Action!! [Jun 18th]
>XY79: The Thunderclap Hero! Super Pikachu!! [Jun 18th]
>XY80: Pikachu's Thrilling Failure Award [Jun 18th]
>XY81: The Pokémon Sky Rally Challenge! Fly, Noibat!! [Jun 18th]

My theory may be out the window...

Edit: Never mind. All is well :)

wait what happened

Quests are randomly generated and come along endlessly.

Actual 100% completion is recruiting one of every pokemon, which is much like pulling your own teeth out with a paperclip while being penetrated through the rear by opabinia-shark hybrids
Alright thanks.

I'll just get a couple Pokemon here and there and just do story quests then. No need to catch em all when I still haven't in the main games lol. (Around 80% done tho!)

Boss Doggie

The episode count is sourced from 2ch so we don't know if the show counts it as a single ep with multiple segments or not.

JoeM86

Sooo, did y'all heard about that LINE-Rumor about a new Mainline Game being announced soon?

That's what I was referring to earlier when I doubted my theory for a short time.

That statement has been on the official Pokémon LINE account since ORAS. It means nothing.

I was under the impression that people thought that because the series was annual starting with Platinum. With the exception of Black 2/White 2 which in itself was an anomaly since there wasn't a remake.

If they keep up with the localizations coming out at the same time/ a week or so later than the Japanese release then I do believe we'll get a mainline Pokemon game this year.

If we were getting a game this year it would have already been announced by now. It makes more sense to release a game in February 2016 for the series's 20th anniversary.
HGSS coming one year after Platinum makes sense, I mean Emerald came out later in the same year as FRLG, Black and White was the real anomaly because they kinda needed to get it out before the 3DS launched and they really knew the DS hardware and had an engine already. Now it just looks like they shifted the remake closer to the start of the Generation this time and then the third game/s will come out in February and then Gen VII will likely start on the next handheld in holiday 2017. The series isn't annual, it only seemed that way because of circumstance.

Boss Doggie

God Valerie is so "exotic" and the whole, goddamn! Fanservice and battles!

With that said I find it weird they changed Laverre Town from a fairy town into a Japanese town.

-Horizon-

Finally finished up Delta Episode. Wow, they went full anime
when your character got on Rayquaza and launched into space, that music :D

Too bad I
KO'd deoxys, I'm guessing I can find it somewhere else so I can try to catch it?

And lol they're really pushing the player x friend agenda aren't they haha

spiritfox

Too bad I
KO'd deoxys, I'm guessing I can find it somewhere else so I can try to catch it?

And lol they're really pushing the player x friend agenda aren't they haha

Go back to the Sky Pillar after defeating the E4 again.

Too bad I

I did the same thing except on purpose XD Soft resetting with no save between them is such a pain.

JoeM86

Lol, I didn't even know people were grasping at that straw.

Hilariously, we actually had an unrelated game announcement today. The likelihood of that happening was minimal. Famitsu DS+Wii had nothing about it yet that's the source of the "May 21st big Pokémon announcement" thing, when it didn't even promise anything.

Boss Doggie

this fucking ep man

746.gif

we jojo now

693.gif

Hilariously, we actually had an unrelated game announcement today. The likelihood of that happening was minimal. Famitsu DS+Wii had nothing about it yet that's the source of the "May 21st big Pokémon announcement" thing, when it didn't even promise anything.

FINNALY A NEW MYSTERY DUNGEON GAME! I just hope it is a full big adventure with a story! I was worried we wouldn't get a Mystery Dungeon game in Gen VI.
I hope it doesn't use the toy aesthetic.
EDIT:
Players can look forward to even greater, randomly created dungeons that change each time they enter. In Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, players will battle alongside Legendary and Mythical Pokémon to save the world in a sweeping tale of adventure and mystery.
Sounds like it has a story, good.

Busaiku

Whoops, seems like they're basing it in 2ch listing for now. And there are 4 pikachu "eps" followed by the flying trio ep.

>XY77: Pikachu Becomes a Star!? Its Movie Debut!! [Jun 18th]
>XY78: How to Pikachu the Movie! All Right! Action!! [Jun 18th]
>XY79: The Thunderclap Hero! Super Pikachu!! [Jun 18th]
>XY80: Pikachu's Thrilling Failure Award [Jun 18th]
>XY81: The Pokémon Sky Rally Challenge! Fly, Noibat!! [Jun 18th]
This will be the show's peak.

Boss Doggie

So according to Smogon... Normal Arceus is still much better than Mega Rayquaza in Anything Goes. Primarily because you can have a team of Normal Arceus with different tasks.

JoeM86

FINNALY A NEW MYSTERY DUNGEON GAME! I just hope it is a full big adventure with a story! I was worried we wouldn't get a Mystery Dungeon game in Gen VI.
I hope it doesn't use the toy aesthetic.
EDIT:

Sounds like it has a story, good.

I dislike the dungeon games so I lack your excitement :p

JoeM86

Pay me to cover the game for you.
I'm joking.

I really hope evolution isn't relegated to a post game only thing this time around.

Haha, na I'm fine with covering it. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.

I just can't stand the gameplay. I dislike the concept of games where you can spend an hour or above clawing your way through a dungeon only to lose and it not have achieved anything. Plus, it's turn-based and I'm not the biggest turn-based fan outside the main series Pokémon games.

Busaiku

So here's a fun question.
What're everyone's favorite areas where their favorite Pokemon is obtainable?
If it's an evolution only Pokemon, then the most immediate form's location.
If it's an event Pokemon, your favorite Pokemon Center.
If it's egg only, your favorite day care.

Pikachu in Power Plant for me.

The first place I thought of was Kanto Route 8 for Growlithe, but my favorite is probably Pokémon Mansion. I remember catching dozens of them there in Yellow to get the one with the best stats.

Top Bottom