• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So...I hear Get TV is supposed to announce *something* this week, so does that mean CoroCoro might have a surprise in it?

Not a new game, but might there be a brand new form debuting in the Hoopa Movie? Or...and I would LOVE for this to be true...will they return to the good old days of having regular new Pokemon debut in films that we haven't seen since the Manaphy movie?

Nightbird

So...I hear Get TV is supposed to announce *something* this week, so does that mean CoroCoro might have a surprise in it?

Not a new game, but might there be a brand new form debuting in the Hoopa Movie? Or...and I would LOVE for this to be true...will they return to the good old days of having regular new Pokemon debut in films that we haven't seen since the Manaphy movie?

What about Zoroark & Zorua?

JoeM86

There is no evidence of Get TV having anything. Trailer showed nothing and the summary just mentions "the latest movie news" as their news stuff.

You're getting your hopes up based on rumour and lies

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
d-damn ;_;

iVJWfqn.jpg

JoeM86

It is interesting, though. Goodra is the first released Pokémon since 1999 (Lapras). People like to say "Ash never evolves and always releases his Pokémon", but this is the first in 16 years. Assuming Goodra doesn't come back a la Charizard, Squirtle & Gliscor, at least.

Ezalc

This past week I finished the Johto segment of it and while it remains one of my favorite regions I could see a lot of the problems people say about it more clearly this time around. I think it's weird how there were ways they could have improved the game, namely some pokemon location choices, in the remake that they ignored for some reason. I almost made an rttp thread but decided that posting here might be better.

Koren

Can someone confirms that it's impossible to get HA for the gifted starters (6th gen and 1th gen) in X/Y?

No luck in SR, and I've read conflicting reports on this, so I'd like to know whether it's totally useless...

JoeM86

Can someone confirms that it's impossible to get HA for the gifted starters (6th gen and 1th gen) in X/Y?

No luck in SR, and I've read conflicting reports on this, so I'd like to know whether it's totally useless...

It's impossible. You can only get their HAs through Friend Safari

Koren

It's impossible. You can only get their HAs through Friend Safari
Thanks... That was what I feared :/

I've a lot of FS thanks to the AC community, but none have completed X/Y, so I don't have any third slot, thus no starter...

I guess I'll have to use GTS, although it's not as usable as I had hope, especially for this. And I don't understand why so many people ask for legendaries.

Well, at least, I'll be able to start the actual game quicker without soft resetting for hours! I've already enough of this with legendaries...

KdylanR92

I haven't watched the anime since the battle frontier arc but have some free time and want to watch a bit of it again.

So whats the best arc to watch thats not filled with Ash being garbage?

Nightbird

Popular Opinion is That Ash showed his best in Sinnoh and Kalos so far.
I also have this opinion, but then again, I'm just an occasional watcher.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I haven't watched the anime since the battle frontier arc but have some free time and want to watch a bit of it again.

So whats the best arc to watch thats not filled with Ash being garbage?

The best seasons of the show are...Battle Frontier, which you've seen, and the final DP season, Sinnoh League Victors in the dub.

So after lots of moving around I finally got my DS games out've a shed and was thinking about getting a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game and surprise! I already had Blue Team Rescue which I barely played.

Really enjoying it so far (my first MD game ever) but I wanted to ask a question: I usually try to 100% these types of games, however for example after I finish a quest that says "do so and so" in a floor like Tiny Woods B2F it immediately replaces it with another quest on the same floor. Does this like, go on forever? lol. Maybe I'll just do the story if theres no 100%ing it. Either way I'm quite enjoying it after figuring out I can disable all but one of my party's moves. Better than I expected. Its very weird hearing Pokemon tho. Funny but weird.

Edit: Wow at how small Dedanne is. o_o

Caladrius

So after lots of moving around I finally got my DS games out've a shed and was thinking about getting a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game and surprise! I already had Blue Team Rescue which I barely played.

Really enjoying it so far (my first MD game ever) but I wanted to ask a question: I usually try to 100% these types of games, however for example after I finish a quest that says "do so and so" in a floor like Tiny Woods B2F it immediately replaces it with another quest on the same floor. Does this like, go on forever? lol. Maybe I'll just do the story if theres no 100%ing it. Either way I'm quite enjoying it after figuring out I can disable all but one of my party's moves. Better than I expected. Its very weird hearing Pokemon tho. Funny but weird.

Edit: Wow at how small Dedanne is. o_o

Quests are randomly generated and come along endlessly.

Actual 100% completion is recruiting one of every pokemon, which is much like pulling your own teeth out with a paperclip while being penetrated through the rear by opabinia-shark hybrids

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah apparently a one hour special, with the Pikachu film and flying trio (Noibat, Hawlucha, Fletchinder) ep back to back.

I wonder why the Pikachu film is listed as five episodes despite being as long as a 30-min ep

JoeM86

So Famitsu DS+Wii has leaked and has no announcement, proving what I have been saying the last month.

Shame people were so quick to grab that

Top Bottom