• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Aggrotek

Ok, so you guys are going to get a sneak peek soon about my next project. It will be in White Version. It is a Nuzlocke.

Let's just say I am calling it my Chaoslocke.

Kokonoe

Banned
Well, it was helped by the fact that Pokemon was phenomenon status in the late 90s/early 00s. Nevertheless, even the lowest selling versions still sell millions of copies worldwide and push systems - I think Ninty and GF are fine with the stability of the game side.

That's what amazes me, especially since the original games, initially, had no advertising at all in Japan.

I wasn't discussing the stability of Pokemon, It's pretty obvious Pokemon isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The numbers are right there.

Ok, so you guys are going to get a sneak peek soon about my next project. It will be in White Version. It is a Nuzlocke.

Let's just say I am calling it my Chaoslocke.

tumblr_lfzpkiB3LC1qafrh6.gif

You planning on having guests like your HeartGold run?

Zeroth

Back when I played BW's random matches a lot I ran into a few Speed Boost Blaziken. Luckily for me they had no idea what they were doing so they weren't really an issue, but a good one would indeed give me tears.

I'm still waiting for my shiny speed blade Blaziken :(

I'm still waiting for my shiny speed blade Blaziken :(
Would be interesting if you could get random DW Pokemon in XY by completing battle challenges...

Or better, if DW abilities were put into regular rotation with the other abilities. That would be killer, and would also require messing with the data structure again :x Well, they're already doing it anyway, so...

Zeroth

Would be interesting if you could get random DW Pokemon in XY by completing battle challenges...

Or better, if DW abilities were put into regular rotation with the other abilities. That would be killer, and would also require messing with the data structure again :x Well, they're already doing it anyway, so...

Well, they will need to find a way to implement DW stuff, since they are going to kill the Global Link thing.

Argh, my favourite member of your party died! RIP
Zed...

How many guests have you had on your show in total? It will be madness if you can get them all back for Red. Utter madness...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh.

Oooooooooooooh.

I just realized that Honedge's "Brock" eyes and mouth in the sheath are really just its blade lines exposed through the holes.

379px-Honedge.png

I wonder how many fanart will miss that detail.

EdLin

Neo Member
I just got a Nintendo 3ds XL a few months ago, I have Pokemon Mystery Dungeon:Gates to Infinity (3DS), but I hear that's not really the "real thing" and isn't even a particularly good one of the Mystery Dungeon variety.... I'm wondering if I should get Pokemon Black 2 or White 2, or start with X or Y. I'm a bit impatient, and don't feel like waiting until October, but if PokemonGAF strongly recommends that I do so maybe I will?

Refyref

I just got a Nintendo 3ds XL a few months ago, I have Pokemon Mystery Dungeon:Gates to Infinity (3DS), but I hear that's not really the "real thing" and isn't even a particularly good one of the Mystery Dungeon variety.... I'm wondering if I should get Pokemon Black 2 or White 2, or start with X or Y. I'm a bit impatient, and don't feel like waiting until October, but if PokemonGAF strongly recommends that I do so maybe I will?

I recommended going straight to X/Y, if you just want one game, but there's nothing wrong with starting at B2/W2. All of the games in the series are newcomer friendly, and if you want one right now, those are the ones to get.

BW2 are defintely worth your time, but buy and play them right away if you're planning on picking up XY at launch so you have ample time to finish them.

Your avatar brings me immense joy, by the way. Junpei is best character (I'm only wearing Labrys because I lost a bet).

Slowpoke has the best RG sprite because it can be used as a great reaction image:

079.png

Its HGSS sprite can also be used for a very different reaction:

079.png

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Well, they will need to find a way to implement DW stuff, since they are going to kill the Global Link thing.

Really hope there will be a better way. The Dream World was cool in concept, but its execution left much to be desired. Tried it once, but was immediately fed up with all the hurdles, restrictions and monotony. Giving you DW Pokemon as a reward for crafty challenges would be so much better and one way to expand on the concept.

Top Bottom