• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Aggrotek

Following you :D

Appreciate it buddy!

Also, what do you guys think of my new Channel icon?

946562_357291287731022_1843164072_n.jpg

(My gaf persona shall remain Murkrow)

MikeMyers

I admit Swampert is one of my favourite starters, but Quagsire just wrecks it. Its 'do I look like I give a shit?' attitude is the best. And it even translates to battle!

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Careful, max HP and Sp. Def
Unaware
- Curse
- Waterfall
- Swagger
- Recover

Now that's what I call swag.

Wouldn't Scald be better? Would fish for Burns.

DaBoss

So Coro Coro leaks can possibly happen today right?

My guess for coro coro: new type chart and revelation of super training.

Super training will always sound funny to me.

I still am in shock over that revelation.

It wasn't really all that shocking to me, but now looking back, it probably was one of the least expected Pokémon to become a fairy type.

I know - I mean the entire line, Azurill and Azumarill included :B

Should have known, derp.

iirate

Mawile had better become fairy type(I know it's already rumored). Also, as far as new fairy types go, I hope we get some really eldritch ones(by Pokemon standards). It would be a real waste to have it just be the "cute" type. Luckily, I have faith that Game Freak understands as much.

Mawile had better become fairy type(I know it's already rumored). Also, as far as new fairy types go, I hope we get some really eldritch ones(by Pokemon standards). It would be a real waste to have it just be the "cute" type. Luckily, I have faith that Game Freak understands as much.

I wouldn't be against a "cute" type, but then it doesn't really make sense for some of the Pokémon if we just changed what we have.

Hmm...

I'm also not so sure about Sylveon now.

ufo0272

Neo Member

I really hope Mawile won't become a fairy pokemon. I like the Dark/Ice typing plus would that make it seem more cute. I like it just as it is. Don't you dare change it GF!

Kokonoe

Banned
Wow, this is crazy, I found my Pokemon TCG for Game Boy Color, and the save file still works. I tried out my two Pokemon Yellow Versions, and both of those are whiped, my Red Version is whiped, and I already know my Gold is whiped from like 2003, and Pokemon Pinball is whiped.

Blue version, which is literally the game that got me into the series I still have, although, it's not working. It had a few misfortunate accidents in the past, haha. Maybe I can get it to work with some cotton swabs.

MikeMyers

Wow, this is crazy, I found my Pokemon TCG for Game Boy Color, and the save file still works. I tried out my two Pokemon Yellow Versions, and both of those are whiped, my Red Version is whiped, and I already know my Gold is whiped from like 2003, and Pokemon Pinball is whiped.

Blue version, which is literally the game that got me into the series I still have, although, it's not working. It had a few misfortunate accidents in the past, haha. Maybe I can get it to work with some cotton swabs.

My RBY all work fine. My Gold has died, though.

qq more

Does Blue version glitch up every time you play? It happens to me whenever Oak is about to speak, the game just freeze and plays a bunch of corrupted SFX and music... so unsettling.

Kokonoe

Banned
My RBY all work fine. My Gold has died, though.

So far, all of mine play fine, it's just the save files no longer work due to the batteries. Blue doesn't work cause it had a certain accident a few years ago.
Does Blue version glitch up every time you play? It happens to me whenever Oak is about to speak, the game just freeze and plays a bunch of corrupted SFX and music... so unsettling.

It doesn't even start, the Game Boy SP (with inferior front light) has trouble reading it. I can see some damage on the chip. I'm trying to get it to work but it may be a lost cause.

qq more

So far, all of mine play fine, it's just the save files no longer work due to the batteries. Blue doesn't work cause it had a certain accident a few years ago.

It doesn't even start, the Game Boy SP (with inferior front light) has trouble reading it. I can see some damage on the chip. I'm trying to get it to work but it may be a lost cause.

Ah, dang. Sorry to hear that.

My Gold save file is still there but the game is constantly asking me to set the clock. Not to mention it took me 10+ tries to boot up the game... not a good sign.

MikeMyers

Oh, my save files are still there except for Gold version.

Kokonoe

Banned
Ah, dang. Sorry to hear that.

My Gold save file is still there but the game is constantly asking me to set the clock. Not to mention it took me 10+ tries to boot up the game... not a good sign.

Ah, It's all right. Thanks. I kind of figured it might not work due to what happened. Well, it worked then but overtime, and yeah.

Oh, my save files are still there except for Gold version.

I have a feeling if the cartridge still worked, my Blue version would have still kept it's save file. For some reason that was like the one game that always kept the save file no matter what. Still nice my TCG file is still intact, however.

qq more

Does the save battery get used while the game is on or just when you load/save the file? When I get that new copy of Blue I'm going to be careful with saving.

FillerB

Does the save battery get used while the game is on or just when you load/save the file? When I get that new copy of Blue I'm going to be careful with saving.

It's always-on as it's used to keep a charge on the memory so it doesn't get wiped.

FillerB

Has someone ever modded a pre-Gen III Pokémon game cartridge to use flash memory?

People will mod anything in my experience so it's possible.

I've never heard of anyone achieving it, but I kind of doubt it since besides the SRAM/memory the battery also kept the RTC up and running. So just "switching" out the SRAM for Flash would make little difference.

And that's not even taking into account if it is actual possible with the speed and functional differences between SRAM and Flash.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, sunyshore posted this on Bulbagarden:

supposed new pokemon in corocoro, according to 2chan:

ヒトツキ hitotsuki (Honedge)
パンプラ(草ゴースト) panpura (grass/ghost) a pumpkin!
ヨツルン(氷格闘) yotsurun (ice/fighting) giant with the move ice hammer?
ショーマイ(水虫) shohmai (water/bug) perhaps a snail?
ミュージー(エスパー) myuujii (psyshic) ...meowstick?

(edited to add some more details and fix typos)

just 2chan info, so take what you will. but BW's july issue had the info typed up similarly around midnight as well (i recall lying in bed moaning from knowing denchura's face would not be revealed in it).

She's trustworthy in terms of knowing Japanese and not making stuff up...I hope this is real, FINALLY another Water/Bug!

I wonder if XY will keep seasons.

I don't think so.

However, the town in the North with the autumn looking leafs has a giant clock in a tree. There's a person in BW who mentions a town iirc where "seasons" are important. I think it's likely somehow you can change between seasons in that town, like the Banjo-Kazooie level, for Deerling and Sawsbuck.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So, sunyshore posted this on Bulbagarden:

She's trustworthy in terms of knowing Japanese and not making stuff up...I hope this is real, FINALLY another Water/Bug!

I don't think so.

Did Meowstick leaked before. I have heard of that name from somewhere.

Edited: Yep, Meowstick was one of leaked pokemon.

A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick’s name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)

Watch Da Birdie

It's part of WPM's rumors.

However, I don't think the Pokemon IS Meowstick necessarily, just that it sounds based on its name to be perhaps a Psychic cat.

Pretty sure Meowstick is FAKE, though, as Tai_Li made some stuff up alongside WPM's authentic info to protect the leaker. Like it, Espurr, Pangoro, and Inkay are fake I heard.

So, if this rumor is correct, Myuuji probably isn't meant to be Meowstick, but probably just a similar Pokemon.

I think I see the post where that came from, though I wouldn't know the veracity of it immediately.

edit: And one of the claims is that the move Honedge used in the PV was called Soul Crush - at least, that's what shows up when I search for it (魂砕き)

But still, it's just an anon post - best to wait until the pictures come.

Watch Da Birdie

I do remember us getting text rumors before scans that turned out authentic, like last year around this time I believe is when we got those rumors about "all old Gym Leaders coming back in the PWT" that turned out to be true.

They look like cabbage, so I'd say they're Grass-type.

Also I just thought of something: GameFreak could make Sunlight the trolliest weather ever by making all non-Fire-types get a sunburn after about 3 turns on the field :>

Top Bottom