• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

I do remember us getting text rumors before scans that turned out authentic, like last year around this time I believe is when we got those rumors about "all old Gym Leaders coming back in the PWT" that turned out to be true.

Yep. I remember it happening in the run-up to Black and White. Wasn't it just after Sadfish?

Have you ever wondered where did they get the fake art from?

To be honest, though, when a pair of games are announced when a gen's certainly hasn't had its time yet, new Pokémon are almost definitely out of the question, except for non-controllable instances.

Good thing XY is clearly a new gen, unlike BW2 which was still same generation as BW.

P.S. I think Deino and Hydreigon are kinda growing on me.

LeleSocho

Banned
1016550_598625653515667_1403727899_n.png

that would be Yamcha

Alchemy

Finished my Leaf Green Nuzlocke, lost two Pokemon during the battle against Gary. Had no real answer for his Alakazam so I had to sacrifice Stalin (Ratticate) to get a few hits in before finishing it off with Rocky (Aerodactyl). Unfortunately, Rocky got an Ancient Power boost when killing off Alakazam so I got cocky and tried to kill Rhydon with Earthquake. Not only did it do hardly any damage but he crit Rocky with Rock Tomb and killed him.

I also lost three Pokemon in the process of training for the Elite Four, fucking crit Geodude explosions on Victory Road. Lost about 9 Pokemon total. Now for Heart Gold.

What were the details of this bet? Seems like you've been wearing it forever. Need my Scrafty fix. :/

The bet was whether or not the fifth installment of a certain popular JRPG franchise would be annouced at E3 or not. If he lost, he would buy the winners a Steam game. If he won, he got to pick the avatars of the losers, which would have to be worn until the 1st of August. The game wasn't announced, and so here I am. I can take some solace in the fact that I am the only one of the three losers who is still honouring their end of the bet though.

FillerB

Yeah, you remember that afterworld filler tournament where Goku fights Pikkon (the guy who one-shot Perfect Cell)? Well, in the Kid Buu arc filler, Yamcha is now on par with those guys.

I honestly don't remember him having any role past the Saiyan arc. Which is really sad when even freaking Chiaotzu gets a memorable if expectingly futile part in the Cell Saga.

What were the details of this bet? Seems like you've been wearing it forever. Need my Scrafty fix. :/

I for one welcome our new kawaii uguu Scrafty

ihezhpYWG1mLd.png

Head lifted from http://supascrag.deviantart.com/art/Wiz-the-scrafty-211330290

MikeMyers

I honestly don't remember him having any role past the Saiyan arc. Which is really sad when even freaking Chiaotzu gets a memorable if expectingly futile part in the Cell Saga.

Chiaotzu gets a memorable part in the Cell arc? Yamcha at least was the one who found the Androids, and was present at the Cell Games. Chaiotzu didn''t even show up for the Androids or Cell Games.

Oh, and Yamcha helped find the Dragon Ball's after Majin Vegeta attacked the people at the tournament in the Buu arc.

harmonize

The original strip whoever edited this from is done by some fairly conservative political cartoonist; it's either some hi-larious commentary about genwunners or made by somebody that actually believes it.

Considering the current landscape of the internet, I'd imagine it's the former.

Zeroth

The original strip whoever edited this from is done by some fairly conservative political cartoonist; it's either some hi-larious commentary about genwunners or made by somebody that actually believes it.

Considering the current landscape of the internet, I'd imagine it's the former.

Pretty sure it's from The Onion, so even the conservative viewpoint is an exaggeration :p

Edit: Yes, the idea is that the media and "true players" love RBY, and the later generations are horrible.

harmonize

Pretty sure it's from The Onion, so even the conservative viewpoint is an exaggeration :p
Aha, so it is. I've seen his work several times, and it's always been outlandish enough for me to believe that he's the real deal considering how crazy modern conservatives are.

Yeah, it's something that's easier to get immediately if you're familiar with that particular artist's (satirical) work.

It's funny how it works so well - the year should've been changed to 1998 though :p

Macka

Yeah, you remember that afterworld filler tournament where Goku fights Pikkon (the guy who one-shot Perfect Cell)? Well, in the Kid Buu arc filler, Yamcha is now on par with those guys.
Where are you getting that from? No way is Yamcha on the same level as Pikkon. Yamcha pretty much gave up fighting after he got stomped by Android 19. Even Piccolo (who was far, far stronger than Yamcha) was pretty much useless in the Kid Buu arc.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ah I was referring to "it's the time of the month where new info arrives/leaks". You know, everyone being uppity and such :p

Top Bottom