• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

OctoWara289

Neo Member
OMG, gais! Brace yourselves! It's 11:30pm-ish in Japan right now, we should be finding out within the coming hours about the new movie! If there are any new Pokemon in that movie like a Sableye evolution, it is nowwww! :DDD Also, Coro Coro will leak any day now! Ahhhh!

Serebii, deliver the goods!

So I just saw some 2ch rumors.
Panpura (Grass/Ghost) Pumpkin ghost Pokemon, based on Jack o Lantern. Likes to prank and use Astonish.

Yotsurun (Ice/Fighting) Giant with a horn, uses the move Ice Hammer.

Syuoomai (Water/Bug) Snail-like evolution of Shellos

Myuuji (Psychic) based on a quarter note, move or ability called Battle Melody which lowers opponent's stats and raises the users.

Well that's interesting, can't wait for confirmed info.

---

EDIT: Beaten by a day lol, just now saw this on my Facebook feed. Sounds cool :D

Panpura (Grass/Ghost) Pumpkin ghost Pokemon, based on Jack o Lantern. Likes to prank and use Astonish.

Myuuji (Psychic) based on a quarter note, move or ability called Battle Melody which lowers opponent's stats and raises the users.

These rumors are very interesting, and I for one am hyped for the idea of the top two Pokemon.

The grass/ghost one just because a long time ago, my little cousin told me that he made up a grass/ghost Pokemon that was based off of a Halloween pumpkin, and I thought "why hasn't The Pokemon Company made this a reality yet?!". Also, grass/ghost is an interesting typing. The poison and bug weakness of grass would be turned into neutral damage, but every other weakness would remain. It would be...kind of a decent defensive typing. Five weaknesses, four resistances, and two immunities. Eh, maybe it's not as good as I think, but that won't stop me from adding it to my team.

The ice/fighting would also be good. Two of ice's weaknesses would be traded for two of fighting's weaknesses with all of fighting's resistances. I'm not sure the typing would turn it into a fantastic Pokemon, but it's a start.

I'm indifferent to the other two. Bug/water's a good typing, since only one other Pokemon has it, but the Psychic one isn't wowing me right now.

At least the CoroCoro leak will give me something to talk about with my friends on my 6 hour road trip to EVO....I just REALLY hope this grass/ghost is legit.

MikeMyers

Where are you getting that from? No way is Yamcha on the same level as Pikkon. Yamcha pretty much gave up fighting after he got stomped by Android 19. Even Piccolo (who was far, far stronger than Yamcha) was pretty much useless in the Kid Buu arc.

Yes, its in Filler. It doesnt make sense, but this is DBZ filler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRErOvknMVg

Also, in the Namek filler, Yamcha defeated Recoome after Recoome took out Vegeta/Krillin/Gohan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxglIAqVQWU

Oh right, the ep featuring Alexa, Helioptile and Gogoat should have aired right?

No. Tomorrow the main anime series is taking the traditional week off for the release of the movie in cinemas, although they're doing a Mewtwo prequel special in its place. Next Thursday is when they'll show Alexa and co.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
No. Tomorrow the main anime series is taking the traditional week off for the release of the movie in cinemas, although they're doing a Mewtwo prequel special in its place. Next Thursday is when they'll show Alexa and co.

Ahh all right.

Oh yeah, new Mewtwo is confirmed right?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

---

EDIT: Beaten by a day lol, just now saw this on my Facebook feed. Sounds cool :D

This stuff's been embellished.

The original post on 2ch, found by sunyshore on Bulbagarden, didn't mention anything about it being a Shellos evolution or Myuuji being a musical note.

Kokonoe

Banned
Oh man, a few of the members of this board are going to be mighty upset about this when it airs.

Well, we already found out a bit ago that they are churning the most nonsensical plot ever, it's to be expected at this point.

I haven't kept up with the anime in a long time so I don't really care too much.

Wichu

Years ago I made a Water/Bug fakemon based on a crab living inside pasta shells. Actual Water/Bug mon better be as cool as that.

JoeM86

This stuff's been embellished.

The original post on 2ch, found by sunyshore on Bulbagarden, didn't mention anything about it being a Shellos evolution or Myuuji being a musical note.

Actually, it did. I won't link to it since 2ch has dodgy ads but it said

コロコロフラゲ
新ポケは5体
ヒトツキ
パンプラ(草ゴースト)
ヨツルン(氷格闘) 
ショーマイ(水虫)
ミュージー(エスパー)

ヒトツキがPVでやってた技は魂砕きという技
パンプラはカボチャのお化けイタズラが大好きで写真だとおどろかすをしている
ヨルツンは氷のツノが生えてる巨人みたいなモンスター、アイスハンマーという技を使ってる
ショーマイはカラクナシがおしゃれな殻を手に入れることで進化したカタツムリ型のモンスター
ミュージーは4分音符の形をしたポケモン戦いの旋律という自分の能力を上げて相手の能力を
下げる技を使用

Following on from the list of names, it had the descriptions, which match up to what the rumours around say

The only issue is that the writer accidentally typo'd Shellos' name of カラナクシ to be カラクナシ

Kokonoe

Banned
I've been thinking, are there Japanese Pokemon names you feel are better than the western counterparts?

Mijumaru is pretty good, although, I'm not sure if I like it more than Oshawott.

It's fake, then. The Shellos evo is someone overplaying their hand, and Myuujii is an obscure character from Flint The Time Detective.

Whoa....

You are the only person besides me that I've ran into that knows of Flint The Time Detective.

Jessie from Pokemon was essentially in that. Haha.

Kokonoe

Banned
LOL I forgot this part of the Pokemon anime.

dIMAklz.gif

Hello guys!

Just a question...

Do Japanese or European Pokemon manuals include the type chart? I haven't seen it in any US manual since Red/Blue/Yellow...

Thanks!

Hello guys!

Just a question...

Do Japanese or European Pokemon manuals include the type chart? I haven't seen it in any US manual since Red/Blue/Yellow...

Thanks!
I don't think the JP manuals include the type chart either...

Although I think they'd have to for XY - if not, they'll just put it in the official guide again ._.;

(even though the type info will be on the internet almost immediately, I bet)

Top Bottom