• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Kokonoe

Banned
:O Pokemon Stadium it is! I don't have the game anymore but I should get it sometime. I still happen to have that N64 gameboy addon thingy for the game.

Definitely worth it, you can get Doduo, or Dodrio Game Boy and play the games at MAXIMUM SPEED! You can also storage your Pokemon and they'll be safe.

qq more

Definitely worth it, you can get Doduo, or Dodrio Game Boy and play the games at MAXIMUM SPEED! You can also storage your Pokemon and they'll be safe.

Holy shittt, I forgot about the Duduo Game Boy!

Also, in speaking of storage. I have this device for the Gameboy called Mega Memory Card, you basically store your saves inside this cartridge that uses flash memory. So in case something ever happens to my save battery, I can replace it and restore my save file back! (Problem is I don't know how to replace a save battery...)

Kokonoe

Banned
Holy shittt, I forgot about the Duduo Game Boy!

Also, in speaking of storage. I have this device for the Gameboy called Mega Memory Card, you basically store your saves inside this cartridge that uses flash memory. So in case something ever happens to my save battery, I can replace it and restore my save file back! (Problem is I don't know how to replace a save battery...)

...Wait, wait....I believe I had this, but I never used it since I didn't realize what it was, or because I had no use for it at the time and didn't realize batteries could go out.

I wonder if I still have it....hmm...

qq more

...Wait, wait....I believe I had this, but I never used it since I didn't realize what it was, or because I had no use for it at the time and didn't realize batteries could go out.

I wonder if I still have it....hmm...

Unfortunately that thing goes for 30+ bucks now on ebay. It used to go for much cheaper...

I live in Australia. The closest SNES I can find is $100. Games are anywhere between $30-60.

Admittedly there's eBay but I haven't checked there for a while.

Kokonoe

Banned
Yaaay! I found my Pocket Pikachu.

i48NrjDXOUoJY.jpg

DPad is pretty good for the size, and I love how the buttons have rubber on them. It's missing the battery cover and battery, so, looks like I'll pick up a battery sometime and just use a strand of tape.

That one was also pretty satisfying to shake, because you could actually hear the thing inside moving.

I remember that one high/low game on there, used to play it a ton...

Looking it up, it seems that Jupiter Corporation was responsible for this - they also happen to make Picross DS and e/e2/e3, Spectrobes, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, and The World Ends With You along with Squeenix... whoa.

Kokonoe

Banned
That one was also pretty satisfying to shake, because you could actually hear the thing inside moving.

I remember that one high/low game on there, used to play it a ton...

Looking it up, it seems that Jupiter Corporation was responsible for this - they also happen to make Picross DS and e/e2/e3, Spectrobes, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, and The World Ends With You along with Squeenix... whoa.

Oh, the original has a loud shaking, too. They both do, it's nice. I actually prefer the mechanic in this than the one in the 3DS as it just feels nicer. That, and I can sit on a washing machine~

Pokémon Pikachu 2 - Commercial

Oh, the original has a loud shaking, too. They both do, it's nice. I actually prefer the mechanic in this than the one in the 3DS as it just feels nicer. That, and I can sit on a washing machine~

Pokémon Pikachu 2 - Commercial
Ooh, I remember that one - though I never did reach the top of any washing machines at my laundromat ._.

*shake shake*

Interesting how they didn't even advertise it like a pedometer though...

*shake shake*

Kokonoe

Banned
After looking at Ken Sugimori's twitter and seeing how much of a SEGA fan he is, I decided to try out Pulseman, and I have to say, the game is challenging, but I find it really fun to play. The difficulty will definitely not appeal to everyone.

Graphics are pretty charming, and there is a surprising amount of english voice acting in this Genesis game. Kind of letdown this didn't come to the US in the Genesis days, but least I can play it now.

Wichu

So, the Global Showdown starts in two weeks. Time to put together a team of the biggest, baddest Pokémon that have ever lived. Aww yeah.

So, let's go through what was confirmed again... bolded:

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
The professor’s English name is Patrice.
The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
A few attacks will be dual-typed.
There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
You will be able to see a Pokemon’s EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro’s type is Fighting/Dark.
A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar’s type is Dark/Psychic.
A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?).
Like in B/W you have two rivals – one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can’t ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.
HMs still exist but there’s a lot less of them.
Players will be able to see their Pokemon’s EVs
A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo’s original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew‘s design.
Amazing. Didn't I claim the second part was probably stuff he just threw out as a last minute thing? I need to look back.

Top Bottom