• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Joqu

Turns out the Flareon used in the anime and cards is actually based off the original official artwork.

5v7P1C5.jpg

There are bigger pics on the net, but this is the best quality image I've seen. It's on an unreleased TCG card, however, but it uses the artwork from the original Pokemon games.

Kind of makes you wonder why they took away it's yellow coat in the games.

Once in a year on February 27 everyone at Gamefreak meets up to decide how they can make Flareon even more miserable. This was one of these decisions.

omg you think they'll fix all the compound names and add spaces?

SolarBeam to Solar Beam and whatnot
Well, we've seen Thunder Stone rather than ThunderStone already. The sky's the limit!

Personally, with the increase in the amount of characters in a Pokèmon's name, I want to see Feraligator and Victreebell.

Frost_Ace

Actually that isn't how it works, apparently one type is what the stab is decided from and the other is what the damage is decided from, so say a move is part psychic and water, the psychic is what the stab is based on and the water the damage. Let's say Mewtwo used it it would get a stab but the damage to the other Pokemon would be like it was a water type attack being used by a water type.

That is pretty cool.

Well, we've seen Thunder Stone rather that ThunderStone already. The sky's the limit!

Personally, with the increase in the amount of characters in a Pokèmon's name, I want to see Feraligator and Victreebell.

There's always the option of keeping the old name for some reason, though.

(I can't wait for Rage Candy Bar.)

Actually that isn't how it works, apparently one type is what the stab is decided from and the other is what the damage is decided from, so say a move is part psychic and water, the psychic is what the stab is based on and the water the damage. Let's say Mewtwo used it it would get a stab but the damage to the other Pokemon would be like it was a water type attack being used by a water type.

Nah, that was just what a fraud pretending to be the leaker said. The real leaker has not elaborated on "dual-type moves" at all.

Flareon can be rebuilt, we have the technology.

Perhaps an inherent problem is that there aren't enough powerful physical based fire attacks, some of the strongest ones are exclusive to legendaries. Kind of a gyp when fire should have plenty of physical based attacks. I think it could also learn a few physical ground attacks too.

Kokonoe

Banned
I notice that Flareon is a popular topic at PokeGAF lol.

Yeah, it's stats are poor for competitive play, doesn't stop me from loving it, though. :)

...and it's all about Flareon being the butt monkey, of all things.

I kind of want to love Flareon.

It's never too late~

LYiPIBNl.png

Flareon was my favorite Eeveelution as a kid before I cared about stats and attacks. Even then it was replaced by Umbreon when Gen II came out.

I actually went from

Gen I: Flareon
Gen II: Espeon
Gen III: Undecided
Gen IV and now: Flareon

Gen IV was where I finally came to grasp with how I felt about each Pokemon for the most part.

Flareon can be rebuilt, we have the technology.

Perhaps an inherent problem is that there aren't enough powerful physical based fire attacks, some of the strongest ones are exclusive to legendaries. Kind of a gyp when fire should have plenty of physical based attacks. I think it could also learn a few physical ground attacks too.

It's more than that, they would need to tweak it's stats to make it for OU play. Giving it a physical STAB would bump it up a tad, at least maybe out of NU, but the only thing I can see letting Flareon go to OU would either be getting Groudon's ability, or Gamefreak for the first time changes a stat of a Pokemon to balance it. It's kind ointeresting all the Pokemon from previous games still have their exact stats.

Funnily enough, you can actually 'fix' Flareon with hacks, although, you wouldn't be able to battle people competitively. lol

Actually, that sounds like a neat idea, making patches to balance certain Pokemon for niche competitive play.

It's more than that, they would need to tweak it's stats to make it for OU play. Giving ita physical STAB would bump it up a tad, at least maybe out of NU, but the only thing I can see letting Flareon go to OU would either be getting Groudon's ability, or Gamefreak for the first time changes a stat of a Pokemon to balance it. It's kind ointeresting all the Pokemon from previous games still have their exact stats.

Funnily enough, you can actually 'fix' Flareon with hacks, although, you wouldn't be able to battle people competitively. lol

Actually, that sounds like a neat idea, making patches to balance certain Pokemon for niche competitive play.

Ahhhh yes Drought, that would go a long way toward helping Flareon out. It'd also allow him to use Solarbeam without waiting around to get hit and would take care of any pesky water or ground pokemon trying to hate on his game.

MikeMyers

BUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLAREON

I should hack you a Flareon with that combination as a birthday present ;P

Birthday is on March 2nd.

Ahhhh yes Drought, that would go a long way toward helping Flareon out. It'd also allow him to use Solarbeam without waiting around to get hit and would take care of any pesky water or ground pokemon trying to hate on his game.

Flareon doesn't learn SolarBeam, I think the only fully-evolved Fire type to not learn it.

Kokonoe

Banned
It amazes me Serperior's contrary has never been released in the Dream World, and with it being eventually shutdown, it may never get it.

Leaf Storm + Contrary on Serperior would be gdlk.

Top Bottom