• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Zeroth

So, let's go through what was confirmed again... bolded:

Amazing. Didn't I claim the second part was probably stuff he just threw out as a last minute thing? I need to look back.

I thought the only riding gogoat bit has been debunked by mentions of riding pokemons in some places.

I thought the only riding gogoat bit has been debunked by mentions of riding pokemons in some places.
The rumor only mentions Lumiose City specifically:

"What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat."

If the player only saw the riding taking place in Lumiose City (if he were playing the first part of the game), I could see how he would assume that.

Zeroth

The rumor only mentions Lumiose City specifically:

"What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat."

If the player only saw the riding taking place in Lumiose City (if he were playing the first part of the game), I could see how he would assume that.

Seems like a bit of a stretch given the context, specially when the same set of rumors mentions a post-game event.

Eh, the original line still holds:
Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can’t ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.
-Players can't ride on their own Pokemon - as claimed, these pokemon are rentable and not yours.
-What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat - Nothing has been shown so far to indicate that other Pokemon are rideable in Lumiose City. Lack of mention of Rhyhorn doesn't negate this.

edit: Which one was mentioned as post-game again? I seem to have missed it when posting.

Zeroth

Eh, the original line still holds:

-Players can't ride on their own Pokemon - as claimed, these pokemon are rentable and not yours.
-What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat - Nothing has been shown so far to indicate that other Pokemon are rideable in Lumiose City. Lack of mention of Rhyhorn doesn't negate this.

edit: Which one was mentioned as post-game again? I seem to have missed it when posting.

Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro’s type is Fighting/Dark.
A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar’s type is Dark/Psychic.
A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?).
Like in B/W you have two rivals – one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can’t ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.
HMs still exist but there’s a lot less of them.
Players will be able to see their Pokemon’s EVs
A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo’s original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew‘s design.

Aah, I missed that. But then again, a lot more things would've been mentioned if he'd gone that far, I think. Maybe it was mentioned somewhere by the character? Or that could've been an embellishment point. Still in progress, I suppose.

For reference, I'm only going off of these:

http://pokebeach.com/2013/06/pokebeach-x-y-rumor-roundup-and-clarifications

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/what-do-you-want-gen-6-a-117911/index178.html#post4710941

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66054428?page=1

Neo Child

Banned
the big news here is being able to trade for any pokemon in the GTS even if you havent seen it.

will make catching them all LOADS easier, cause you had to add someone to your friends list if you wanted a pokemon you hadnt got before

the big news here is being able to trade for any pokemon in the GTS even if you havent seen it.

will make catching them all LOADS easier, cause you had to add someone to your friends list if you wanted a pokemon you hadnt got before

...now I must get the game at all costs. Then again, that's probably a given, when you realize the amount of Pokémon that's gonna make it to the games.

Firestorm

megaton:
july_p13_01.jpg
To be fair, that rumour is more accurately described as a leak.
It's called a rumour if you're in denial!

Magni

Hey PokéGAF,

So I finally had time to get back into Pokémon (last save date was January 2012...) this week, went all out and logged 30+ hours already haha

I have a quick question for you guys: my main game right now is Black, and I have JP White but barely touched (I'm far from fluent in Japanese so my progress in that game was slow and I haven't touched it since the US release). I'm really looking forward to Gen VI, but I don't think I'll be able to play until Feb at the earliest because I won't be able to get a 3DS until then. Is it worth it for me to get B2/W2 now? And if so, which should I get, White 2, no?

Hopefully the DC detection system can tell who didn't ragequit. It depends on how they set it up.

Aah, I missed that. But then again, a lot more things would've been mentioned if he'd gone that far, I think. Maybe it was mentioned somewhere by the character? Or that could've been an embellishment point. Still in progress, I suppose.

Most likely scenario: Someone else from within the company told him this tidbit. I mean, is that not how he would have also found out about the Mewtwo forms?

qq more

After looking at Ken Sugimori's twitter and seeing how much of a SEGA fan he is, I decided to try out Pulseman, and I have to say, the game is challenging, but I find it really fun to play. The difficulty will definitely not appeal to everyone.

Graphics are pretty charming, and there is a surprising amount of english voice acting in this Genesis game. Kind of letdown this didn't come to the US in the Genesis days, but least I can play it now.

It actually did, but it was on an online-only service called Sega Channel for the Sega Genesis, and it didn't really lost long. Kind of why we never got the US rom of it, just like Mega Man Wily Wars.

Thankfully Pulseman is on the Wii VC and hopefully it'll get a rerelease on the Wii U VC...

Hopefully the DC detection system can tell who didn't ragequit. It depends on how they set it up.

Most likely scenario: Someone else from within the company told him this tidbit. I mean, is that not how he would have also found out about the Mewtwo forms?
Maybe so... whether right or wrong, he still has an impressive hit rate so far. If Espurr/Meowstick is revealed next month, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

The starter thing has me going eeeh still. But it's not like it hasn't been done already (Yellow, Emerald). Am also wondering if we'll even see a 'second professor' before launch - would be fun to confirm that one if it was true.

This cycle certainly has been interesting so far. The leaks have been better, with them being supplemented by English info at the same time; there's been more video footage instead of solely relying on Smash, and so on.

Just imagine a ground/fighting attack against an aggron :eek:

Actually that isn't how it works, apparently one type is what the stab is decided from and the other is what the damage is decided from, so say a move is part psychic and water, the psychic is what the stab is based on and the water the damage. Let's say Mewtwo used it it would get a stab but the damage to the other Pokemon would be like it was a water type attack being used by a water type.

backlot

Actually that isn't how it works, apparently one type is what the stab is decided from and the other is what the damage is decided from, so say a move is part psychic and water, the psychic is what the stab is based on and the water the damage. Let's say Mewtwo used it it would get a stab but the damage to the other Pokemon would be like it was a water type attack being used by a water type.

Wow, that sounds pretty cool. Where did you get that info though?

Wow, that sounds pretty cool. Where did you get that info though?

Don't remember, that's why I said "apparently" and honestly it seems like the most logical way to do it. We already have attacks that go after the opposite defense so this would sorta be an extension of that.

Zeroth

Hey PokéGAF,

So I finally had time to get back into Pokémon (last save date was January 2012...) this week, went all out and logged 30+ hours already haha

I have a quick question for you guys: my main game right now is Black, and I have JP White but barely touched (I'm far from fluent in Japanese so my progress in that game was slow and I haven't touched it since the US release). I'm really looking forward to Gen VI, but I don't think I'll be able to play until Feb at the earliest because I won't be able to get a 3DS until then. Is it worth it for me to get B2/W2 now? And if so, which should I get, White 2, no?

Hey, welcome!

Assuming you wont get the gen vi games this year, you could get black 2 to get a bit more of gen v.

Pewdiepie has to be one of the worst YouTubers related to gaming, IMO.

He's one of the worst YouTubers period in my opinion, and it honestly kind of sickens me how hacks like him and RayWilliamJohnson make over a million dollars a year pandering and mugging to the camera, whereas many other YouTubers with actual talent and entertaining videos like Matthew Patrick, aren't nearly as popular.

Also, everyone here should go see Pacific Rim. That film be ballin'.

qq more

Maybe I should name Mewtwo that, it'll be kind of funny lol

oh i see what youre doingggg
Mewdiepie.

No actually please don't do that.
I can't even do it as a joke. I hate that guy!

MountainMew

oh wait, not enough characters.
Curse these character limits! Even more baffling that Nintendo as a whole is still doing this! (8 character limit in ACNL wtf)

Pewdiepie has to be one of the worst YouTubers related to gaming, IMO.
He's the worst, period! He makes me want to hate everything. How did he became popular?

I went with BewBewBeww. Thanks for the suggestions though, everyone!

its an injoke that no one here would get

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
omg you think they'll fix all the compound names and add spaces?

SolarBeam to Solar Beam and whatnot

Aggrotek

Just posting again because I think it got overshadowed by the new trailer. :p

http://youtu.be/LeTXHTesdb0

He's one of the worst YouTubers period in my opinion, and it honestly kind of sickens me how hacks like him and RayWilliamJohnson make over a million dollars a year pandering and mugging to the camera, whereas many other YouTubers with actual talent and entertaining videos like Matthew Patrick, aren't nearly as popular.

Also, everyone here should go see Pacific Rim. That film be ballin'.

I want to go see it in IMAX but no one will go with me. :(

Alchemy

megaton:
july_p13_01.jpg
It's called a rumour if you're in denial!

These better only be for the fucker who disconnected, playing online is a complete waste of time right now. I tried playing during the last International and every single person that was about to lose disconnected on me. I think I got to my 8th DC before I just gave up and stopped caring.

zroid

Banned
I honestly don't even know who pewdiepie is. I mean, aside from the fact he's some sort of youtube celebrity. I'm better than most at ignoring dumb internet things.

Aggrotek

I honestly don't even know who pewdiepie is. I mean, aside from the fact he's some sort of youtube celebrity. I'm better than most at ignoring dumb internet things.

Me too! I went years without knowing who Nicki Minaj was, and didn't listen to the song Friday for like a year.

Kokonoe

Banned
Turns out the Flareon used in the anime and cards is actually based off the original official artwork.

5v7P1C5.jpg

There are bigger pics on the net, but this is the best quality image I've seen. It's on an unreleased TCG card, however, but it uses the artwork from the original Pokemon games.

Kind of makes you wonder why they took away it's yellow coat in the games.

qq more

Turns out the Flareon used in the anime and cards is actually based off the original official artwork.

5v7P1C5.jpg

There are bigger pics on the net, but this is the best quality image I've seen. It's on an unreleased TCG card, however, but it uses the artwork from the original Pokemon games.

Kind of makes you wonder why they took away it's yellow coat in the games.
That looks so much better, looks like flames now!

I'm done with the game for tonight. Still having a lot of fun with it and it's getting better. I feel that Gen 1 actually really holds well as a game.

Pokemon Blue Progress:
JIM the WARTORTLE LV20
FLICKY the PIDGEOTTO LV18
DUDECHU the PIKACHU LV19
BEWBEWBEWWW the MEW LV19

2 badges and I'm at SS ANNE

Cheska

I think I'm going to have to set Gates of Infinity down for good. Have been stuck in the same dungeon for a good 3 hours and I think I'm underleveled. It's also been boring as a rock lately too, so I'm completely unmotivated to continue.

Top Bottom