• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Fire Fang has a flinch chance.

tumblr_lx9b84zbFT1qk94poo1_500.gif

Weak move, Flareon deserves something much stronger. Actually if Fire Fang were just a bit weaker and Flareon had Technician, Fire Fang would pack a meaningful punch. I remember using Ambipom quite a bit and being amazed at how stupid strong Double Hit was.

Kokonoe

Banned
That's all well and good but I don't think people pick on Flareon because of how it looks.

Oh, I am aware, I mentioned that on the previous page. Haha.

In fact, I think this is one factor that I find real nice about the anime. Pokemon like Magikarp get their time to shine, despite being awful in the games when it comes to stats.

I actually don't really understand the whole judging a Pokemon based on it's stats, to be honest. That kind of goes against the entire thing that separates one Pokemon from another. I play Pokemon for the Pokemon, not numbers.

Vaporeon can "melt" into bodies of water. Jolteon has needle fur. All Flareon has is fluff to keep itself warm.

Flareon can heat it's body over 3,000 degrees F. That would make for a nasty tackle.

Oh, I am aware, I mentioned that on the previous page. Haha.

In fact, I think this is one factor that I find real nice about the anime. Pokemon like Magikarp get their time to shine, despite being awful in the games when it comes to stats.

I actually don't really understand the whole judging a Pokemon based on it's stats, to be honest. That kind of goes against the entire thing that separates one Pokemon from another. I play Pokemon for the Pokemon, not numbers.

Flareon can heat it's body over 3,000 degrees F. That would make for a nasty tackle.

And it still doesn't get Flare Blitz.

qq more

stop hating on flareon you motha fuckas

the real pokemon to hate is the kami trio from gen 5

like what in the fuck were they thinking when they designed those

gross

oh and sylveon still sucks

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
At least the kami are viable competitively, and they have design roots.

Flareon got nothing. Even as a design it just looks like an Eevee with a terrible salon treatment!

gross

Don't you be hating on Thundurus. Both of his forms are really cool.

The only "WTF" one is Therian Tornadus to be honest, but only because it has a sports bra and a very unfortunately-placed red slit.

qq more

At least the kami are viable competitively, and they have design roots.

Flareon got nothing. Even as a design it just looks like an Eevee with terrible conditioning!
blah blah competitive smompetitive like i care

kami trio are the worst of the worst, so damn ugly

flareon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> those three little shits

Boss Doggie

blah blah competitive smompetitive like i care

kami trio are the worst of the worst, so damn ugly

flareon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> those three little shits

But people who shit on flareon are mostly talking about competitive stuff :p

And like I said, even if they're ugly, they still have some sense in design! Flareon doesn't even look like it can burn things, unlike how Jolteon's zapped look and Vaporeon's mermaid look!

qq more

But people who shit on flareon are mostly talking about competitive stuff :p

And like I said, even if they're ugly, they still have some sense in design! Flareon doesn't even look like it can burn things, unlike how Jolteon's zapped look and Vaporeon's mermaid look!

5v7P1C5.jpg

ok

Boss Doggie

Nah, like I said it's like Eevee had a rough day at a salon. Like how some newbie cosmetics person over-dyed it and blew the dryer too much to it lol

If there's an eeveelution called Brusheon, then it could fit!

Or maybe if it joined Team Flare it'd get some tips on how to look good.

Someone needs to make a Flareon Meme.

FLAREON
At Least It's Not An Ice Type

Hahaha true.

Although I heard Glaceon does its job better than Flareon.

DaBoss

Ampharos is godlike and doesn't need them spikes, but my favourite electric type has to be Luxray. That Pokémon is just so cool.

PK Gaming

gross

oh and sylveon still sucks

Dude, what? The kami trio is the best trio. Alternate forms? Raijin / Fujin tie in? Fuck yeah.

Thundurus-T is so cool.

Theorymon

Dude, what? The kami trio is the best trio. Alternate forms? Raijin / Fujin tie in? Fuck yeah.

Thundurus-T is so cool.

Heh, not only that, but competitively, they beat the ever loving shit outta all the other non boxart trios. To give you guys a picture on how good the Kami trio is, not only were all of them viable in OU, but all of them are viable in freaking UBERS. Yes, all of them INCLUDING all of their alternate formes! It's totally unprecedented, no other non box art trio has EVER done that before! Let's hope that competitively, one of X and Y's trios can pull off the same crazy stunt!

Kokonoe

Banned
Heh, not only that, but competitively, they beat the ever loving shit outta all the other non boxart trios. To give you guys a picture on how good the Kami trio is, not only were all of them viable in OU, but all of them are viable in freaking UBERS. Yes, all of them INCLUDING all of their alternate formes! It's totally unprecedented, no other non box art trio has EVER done that before! Let's hope that competitively, one of X and Y's trios can pull off the same crazy stunt!

That makes me feel even better at what I did in that regional in 2012.

MikeMyers

That's right, I remember you telling me the Charizard thing in the past. But didn't realize it was against a Thundurus, thus I thought you were initially taking about two different scenarios.

Top Bottom