• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Ark

Is it worth picking up Black/White 2 this close to Pokemon X/Y?

I'm currently playing through Platinum and I haven't played any gen 5 games, but I figured if I was going to play one it would make more sense to play the sequel series (strange, I know) before X/Y come out.

I'm currently playing through Platinum and I haven't played any gen 5 games, but I figured if I was going to play one it would make more sense to play the sequel series (strange, I know) before X/Y come out.

Just stick with Platinum, you have made a fine fine choice.

Sorry to bug you guys once again, but anyone willing to make avatars out of these?
4za9tl7.png

mSncB6O.png

i0MLi0a.png

FMplgXl.png

Totally respect that but I'm just curious, for what reason would you actually like Dunsparce?

Primary reason: I think it looks cute in everything but the games, ironically enough.

Secondary reason: I know the thought that Dunsparce has fans bugs the crap out of Beef :p

Buy BW or BW2. They're the best games in the series.

This is my definitive list on Pokemon I think are the worst in the series. In other words, I like 628 Pokemon, and dislike 57 of them.

Updated for Gen VI
Y'know, I'd actually put the majority of those near the bottom of the pile too, though I definitely disagree with Skrelp, he's a boss.

Kokonoe

Banned
Y'know, I'd actually put the majority of those near the bottom of the pile too, though I definitely disagree with Skrelp, he's a boss.

Meh, to be honest, Skrelp isn't actually that bad. I'll remove it from the list. I was hesitant to put it there in the first place.

Wichu

I don't know which of the Gen VI mons are my favourites - most of them so far are great! I really like the legendaries, though; about time we had a duo that isn't obviously designed as counterparts. Hopefully there's as much variation in the other legendaries (no more Regi/lake/kami trio designs).

Also:
I disagree on these guys. They don't belong on that worst Pokémon list.

It's a good thing Talonflame is a bird Pokemon, if it wasn't, and in the anime, it would say "Talon....Talonflame!".

That clears that up!

They should really start using generic bird sounds.

Name Sayers: Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Tailow, Swellow, Starly, Staravia, Staraptor, Tranquil, Unfezant.

Generic Bird Sound: Noctowl, Pidove.

Talonflame should be voiced by Norio Wakamoto.

They should really start using generic bird sounds.

Name Sayers: Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Tailow, Swellow, Starly, Staravia, Staraptor, Tranquil, Unfezant.

Generic Bird Sound: Noctowl, Pidove.

Talonflame should be voiced by Norio Wakamoto.

And voiced by William Shatner for Merica

Aw, I think Blaziken's great, fave gen 3 poke along with Milotic and Altaria, but then I'm a fan of bird Pokemon in general.

And Helioptile's alright. It's got an amusing face at least. My vote for best Gen VI poke so far would go to Xerneas though.

Ellix

I found Helioptile to be a pretty clever take on the frilled lizard and some sort of parabolic antenna. I only dislike that they gave it no snout and decided to make its head a sphere with features drawn on...did they honestly think it looked better that way?

At the very least Gen VI seems like it could have more designs I'd like compared to Gen V, which was the first gen where I didn't care for the majority of the Pokemon.

Top Bottom