• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Zaventem

Shiny Regigigas!

Guys, quick -- which Poké Ball available in Gen V looks best on it?

aARSd4J.png

I can't think of any that fits...

Maybe Nest Ball (
fNAUUsD.png
) or Dusk Ball (
ZSu8bVZ.png
)?
Dusk for sure. Haha it cool to see someone else obsess about what ball your pokemon looks best i go by closest color whenever available. Heal ball might be my favorite design though.

My day started out great until some news I just heard. I let my friend borrow my Pokemon Pearl game and my DS for a pokemon tournament so he could win a 3DS. I gladly let him borrow them and told him specifically "DON'T ERASE MY GAME, just collect whatever Pokemon you want and train them." So here's the funny part.

He erased my game and started his own. His excuse "your Pokemon were shitty anyways so I thought I would do it better." I'm so mad by this that I literally ended my Skype call with him immediately. My team consisted of all lvl 100's; Slaking (I EV trained him in DEF so this guy was a steel wall), Torterra, Luxray, Garchomp, Hippowdon, and Lucario. This isn't even a bad team.

I wouldn't have been so mad if he was going to do that because I could have easily switched them to my Diamond game. I hope that in the deepest of my luck that he was just joking because he does do serious jokes like this a lot.

Guess this is what you get for being a good friend. Pokemon X/Y can't come soon enough :(

Andrefpvs

Thanks for the suggestions so far, I'm still deciding.

Dusk for sure. Haha it cool to see someone else obsess about what ball your pokemon looks best i go by closest color whenever available. Heal ball might be my favorite design though.

Haha, yeah, that's me. The ball design just has to match the Pokémon design. This obsession will only get worse in X&Y (3D balls).

I have Regigigas asleep and on 1 HP. By my calculations, I should have an average 80 ball throws left assuming it sleeps an average of two turns every time I put it to sleep. So I'm fairly confident I can catch it in any ball I want.

...but I still can't decide between Nest, Luxury and Dusk balls. OH NOES ._.

zroid

Banned
Premier Ball is best for all occasions!

Luxury Ball is o-k at best. I use Dusk Ball a lot because of its properties, but it's pretty ugly imo.

Andrefpvs

I threw a Dusk Ball just to see its battle start animation, and it caught the guy first try, lol. I GUESS THAT'S THAT

--
Tried it in battle. Yeah, this works. Shiny Regigigas even looks like a dark version of the normal one, so I'm pleased.

Alchemy

My day started out great until some news I just heard. I let my friend borrow my Pokemon Pearl game and my DS for a pokemon tournament so he could win a 3DS. I gladly let him borrow them and told him specifically "DON'T ERASE MY GAME, just collect whatever Pokemon you want and train them." So here's the funny part.

He erased my game and started his own. His excuse "your Pokemon were shitty anyways so I thought I would do it better." I'm so mad by this that I literally ended my Skype call with him immediately. My team consisted of all lvl 100's; Slaking (I EV trained him in DEF so this guy was a steel wall), Torterra, Luxray, Garchomp, Hippowdon, and Lucario. This isn't even a bad team.

I wouldn't have been so mad if he was going to do that because I could have easily switched them to my Diamond game. I hope that in the deepest of my luck that he was just joking because he does do serious jokes like this a lot.

Guess this is what you get for being a good friend. Pokemon X/Y can't come soon enough :(

Why the hell would you even want to start over to train anything? PokeRus and the Power Items are a damn requirement if you want to EV train and maintain your sanity.

Why the hell would you even want to start over to train anything? PokeRus and the Power Items are a damn requirement if you want to EV train and maintain your sanity.

Exactly! Also I don't know why they can't enter a tournament with the team I had (unless they inspect the Pokemon names and see if that contender captured them themselves). I mean they aren't the best team combination ever, but certain Pokemon changes can be made to make it better. All those Pokemon I mentioned are so hard to get to lvl 100 in the first place. Slaking, Drapion, Garchomp, I'm feeling terrible just thinking about all the time I had to spend to lvl them up.

Even though Pokemon Battle Revolution isn't as active anymore this was the team I mostly used. I would just breeze by online when I had this team, well except when people used all legendaries that is. Also ice types, my team is destroyed if someone sends out an ice type.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
They need to effing announce whether or not Pokemon will be transferable from any of the DS games to XY. I want to play BW2 some more, but not knowing if I'll be able to transfer my lil monsters in XY kinda saps my motivation.

They need to effing announce whether or not Pokemon will be transferable from any of the DS games to XY. I want to play BW2 some more, but not knowing if I'll be able to transfer my lil monsters in XY kinda saps my motivation.

Both kinds of outcomes can have their own pros and cons, but I wouldn't be surprised if I can transfer more stuff. Let's hope this time around it's as straightforward as it can be.

Kokonoe

Banned
Ran into by far, the coolest thing in existence. People here

http://www.vg-resource.com/showthread.php?tid=18905

Have been making sprites of all the cards that haven't been in Pokemon TCG or TCG2, and although nothing as happened, and it seems the project has stopped for the time being, it seems someone was actually going to attempt modding TCG with these new cards coded in.

Here are some.

rnhgrqG.png

57rIk3T.png

3pvPgQR.png

kky8ETc.png

mUNwc2t.png

UZm1pEA.png

UT6COnR.png

qRL1s1v.png

WsNugGL.png

There are a lot more throughout the thread, it's so fascinating. I'd love more than anything to have an update to the Game Boy ones since they are so fast and the music is great.

ufo0272

Neo Member

Totally feel for you, I'd get SOOO mad if that happened me and I'd metamorphose into my Evil Form. In my evil state I would probably delete something important for the friend as revenge, a game etc

Nvm, dont do that, you will probably not get your DS and game back :p

JoeM86

Tonight's Smash is very X & Y focused

First it's the episode where they'll reveal this month's CoroCoro Pokémon and stragglers that have yet to be revealed from last month. The possibilities are:

Skrelp
Clauncher
Honedge
Pangoro
Swirlix
Spritzee
Inkay
Malamar

They are also having the first playthrough where Shokotan and Akiyama play a copy of the game borrowed from GameFreak. It's said that they capture a new Pokémon within it, either one of the above, or Oorotto is a safe bet.

They are also promising the first footage, and potentially the first unveiling of the poster of the Pokémon XY anime series

harmonize

In-game footage of some of the new 'mons and an anime trailer? This should be an good one; I wonder if we'll see who's traveling with Ash this time around.

Spiderduff

I found a twitch stream for when it starts if anyone is interested. I don't know how reliable it is though.

Before I post it, we are allowed to post stream links right?

Hardly. Coro Coro info was all that was to be expected this week. We know the patterns by this point.

Maybe in a couple of weeks.

Theyve been really faithful in keeping poke reveal one to one. But i know my mistake. Oriotto has been officially revealed yet. Not by the jp pokemon website i mean.

harmonize

Was hoping to see his new companions, but those adorable gifs make up for it, and the game footage looked great.

So with Corocoro releasing the 12th of next month, it should leak around the 8th, right?

Was hoping to see his new companions, but those adorable gifs make up for it, and the game footage looked great.

So with Corocoro releasing the 12th of next month, it should leak around the 8th, right?

Sounds about right. Get ready for the scoop of the century.

I still find myself liking the fire fox the most...he's a fox so he has that going for him and he's fire, which has gotten more and more useful over the years, I'm really excited to see how he evolves...I hope into something mystical looking

Top Bottom