• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

backlot

The only time I ever really needed multiple TM's was when I was preparing Pokemon to play against other people. If I ever replay an older game now it's just to go through the story so only having one of each TM isn't really an issue. You only really need one guy to know Thunderbolt.

Aggrotek

Well let me have a look to see if I have one in those games

If not... Well I tried

Edit: yeah I have one in black 2 what's your code?

I'll get with you about it tomorrow. I have to sleep. Actually it might not be tomorrow... its a busy day. But I will message you about it soon.

So I've been playing Black Version 2 for a while and now I'm currently in
the sewers.

I've noticed something that I've been having a problem with that I'm wondering if anyone else who played it had this problem also. Doesn't the critical hits in this game seem a little high? I've been doing critical hits and getting critical hit on a whole lot. It's not a small amount like in past Pokemon games, but a huge margin. I think there's actually a 20% chance that I didn't go a battle without a critical hit appearing on the screen.

So did anyone else notice the critical hit ratio being high, or am I just crazy? My last Pokemon game I played was Platinum so I'm not sure if they made changes in-between Black 2 and Platinum.

So I've been playing Black Version 2 for a while and now I'm currently in
the sewers.

I've noticed something that I've been having a problem with that I'm wondering if anyone else who played it had this problem also. Doesn't the critical hits in this game seem a little high? I've been doing critical hits and getting critical hit on a whole lot. It's not a small amount like in past Pokemon games, but a huge margin. I think there's actually a 20% chance that I didn't go a battle without a critical hit appearing on the screen.

So did anyone else notice the critical hit ratio being high, or am I just crazy? My last Pokemon game I played was Platinum so I'm not sure if they made changes in-between Black 2 and Platinum.

I'm pretty sure the critical hit chances are always the same from the second generation as long as nothing fancy is in place.

XY, on the other hand... Oh boy, variable evasion and critical hit chance on a Pokémon basis...

JoeM86

I'm pretty sure the critical hit chances are always the same from the second generation as long as nothing fancy is in place.

XY, on the other hand... Oh boy, variable evasion and critical hit chance on a Pokémon basis...

Wait til we have the games before we complain about that. Think it won't be as bad as the official site is implying

qq more

It just seems that way because there are a couple of moves that always do Critical Hits: Frost Breath and Storm Throw. Other than that, it's still 6.25% chance

I didn't get that far to see those moves. I've noticed it happen far more with Patrat/Watchog early into the game.

Firestorm

So the 2013 Pokémon World Championships site is up and I am in love with the art. This is exactly what I was hoping for when they announced the location last year and I'm so glad their team captured the feel of Vancouver in their work this year. I was afraid it would be some stereotypical Mounties and Beartics but they did great work!

http://www.pokemonworldchampionships.com/2013/

WC12_Wallpaper_1024x768.jpg

Going to have a thread up on it soon :)

Also the event Pokemon they give out during Worlds is always one featured on the art so it's probably one of: Pikachu, Meowth, Archeops, Ursaring, Cubchoo, or Xatu.

Firestorm

Already had it set as my wallpaper :3

Last one that I set as my wallpaper was the 2011 one:

So good. Missed out on getting the C-Gear background, sorta bummed about that...
Loved 2011 as well and it killed me that I missed the C-Gear let alone the actual event. Hopefully there's C-Gear this year as well. Going to buy at least one of everything with the art on it at the merchandise store this year. Love it so much more than 2012 even without my intense hometown bias!

Loved 2011 as well and it killed me that I missed the C-Gear let alone the actual event. Hopefully there's C-Gear this year as well. Going to buy at least one of everything with the art on it at the merchandise store this year. Love it so much more than 2012 even without my intense hometown bias!
Soon New York will have its day... sigh :p

But what about the black XL?

Everything is in black now, they need to be more creative than giving us another black system. We need a solid green 3DS XL for a proper Luigi themed system, we could use a good orange...black is unoriginal of a color. I'm sure they can get creative when they put their minds to it but a straight black color? Eh...not impressed Nintendo. Not impressed at all.

qq more

Eh yeah, I have enough black systems as is. I mean the black 3DS XL looks nice but I'm bored of owning black and blue systems. All I have for green is the Jungle Green N64 which looks pretty awesome.

Everything is in black now, they need to be more creative than giving us another black system. We need a solid green 3DS XL for a proper Luigi themed system, we could use a good orange...black is unoriginal of a color. I'm sure they can get creative when they put their minds to it but a straight black color? Eh...not impressed Nintendo. Not impressed at all.

Black might be unoriginal, but... well, it also kind of helps that it's black in the first place. It's probably the best choice to not stand out.

JoeM86

If you guys haven't got it yet, Gothorita on the Global Link ends on Thursday

Password: PGLPK15G

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

Refyref

I don't know why the hell did they have to do an article about a GIF of X/Y footage with the Sonic 06 loading screen added in.

Oh, wait I do. Brian Ashcraft.

Are there any comparisons between XY's loading time between battles and the other games?

I timed it, and it's pretty much the exact same as it's always been. The only difference is there's no eyecatch animation to mask the loading, creating the illusion that it takes longer.

Also, hi guys. I can't believe it's been 9 days since I last posted here.

It's right to assume that Azumarill, Azurill, Wigglytuff, Igglybuff, Ralts and Kirlia will be changed to have their secondary type be Fairy, correct?

Sats

Banned
Actually, I was thinking that Ralts and Kirlia would stay Psychic, and just Gardevoir would be Psychic/Fairy. Which would leave Gallade to continue being Fighting/Psychic.

Top Bottom