• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

harmonize

So it doesn't give you the option to activate Pokemon-Amie mid-battle so you can attempt to tame the beast yourself? Preorder cancelled.

I think you should go all-out with Scrafty Danger.

Haha, maybe I should :)

PangoroDevil?

tumblr_mc99n6WSdp1rfsim9o1_500.gif

Zaventem

EDIT: On his site it says it's from the eShop. Gonna have to check that out soon, then.

That's beautiful! I like how it looks a lot more modern and less kiddy than previous two-screen UIs.

That actually looks way worse than I thought and fits you're kiddy discription perfectly imo. Diamond/Pearl had the best ui to me. Nothing to over the top color wise and retangles>circles all day.

pokemon_image_1173399814_1177116663.jpg

Thinking about fairy, the best attack could be something similar to Lunar Light from Star Ocean 2...don't have a good animation of it but I remember it showing the moon and then beams of light falling down from it and pummeling the enemy, we could use something like that.

I also in a way find it ironic that they choose cutesy Pokemon for fairies when typically in literature...fairies were twisted and evil little jerks. Or barring that...they weren't the kind of things you wanted to be around because they were prone to playing nasty tricks.

Aggrotek

leak
/lēk/
Verb
(of a container or covering) Accidentally lose or admit contents, esp. liquid or gas, through a hole or crack.

ru·mor
/ˈro͞omər/
Noun
A currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth: "they were investigating rumors of a massacre".
Verb
Be circulated as an unverified account: "it's rumored that he lives on a houseboat"; "she is rumored to have gone into hiding".

Anura

leak
/lēk/
Verb
(of a container or covering) Accidentally lose or admit contents, esp. liquid or gas, through a hole or crack.

ru·mor
/ˈro͞omər/
Noun
A currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth: "they were investigating rumors of a massacre".
Verb
Be circulated as an unverified account: "it's rumored that he lives on a houseboat"; "she is rumored to have gone into hiding".

You're point?

Semantic arguments are always dumb so lets not get into them

Especially when you consider that the dictionary is not authoritative and is at best a guideline

Edit oh do you still want that razor claw? It's still here if you need it

That actually looks way worse than I thought and fits you're kiddy discription perfectly imo. Diamond/Pearl had the best ui to me. Nothing to over the top color wise and retangles>circles all day.

pokemon_image_1173399814_1177116663.jpg

That was the specific UI I was thinking of when I called past UIs "kiddie". That UI looks like it's made up of bright, colorful building blocks that kids play with - that is why I said "kiddie". The new UI, however, looks like it's made up of actual buttons that look very shiny and it looks much more modern to me as a result.

Wichu

By the way, I'm fairly certain all the Pokémon icons are being redone for X/Y. It's about time, considering they've been in use for over 10 years now. This means they'll get hopefully proper colours this time (no more neon green Turtwig).

I dunno, I never had an issue with the UI for Platinum or HG/SS...both looked fine to me, they didn't look kiddish or anything like that, they were unoffensive to me and didn't distract me at all so they did their job.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still looking for someone to trade my Seadra to so I can evolve it and get it back. Please? Don't leave a pokebro hangin.

I dunno, I never had an issue with the UI for Platinum or HG/SS...both looked fine to me, they didn't look kiddish or anything like that, they were unoffensive to me and didn't distract me at all so they did their job.

I didn't have much of an issue with them either. In fact, I'm glad that this UI seems to be based off of Gen IV's and not Gen V's because I think Gen IV's UI looks better. However, I do prefer X/Y's UI so far.

Aggrotek

You're point?

Semantic arguments are always dumb so lets not get into them

Especially when you consider that the dictionary is not authoritative and is at best a guideline

Edit oh do you still want that razor claw? It's still here if you need it

I Don't really think this counts as semantics because a leak is proven correct based on the source. Whereas rumors are just made up shit.

Yes I still need it but like I said today was busy. :p I'll try to get with you about it tomorrow.

Anura

I Don't really think this counts as semantics because a leak is proven correct based on the source. Whereas rumors are just made up shit.

Yes I still need it but like I said today was busy. :p I'll try to get with you about it tomorrow.

Oh sorry I must not have been thinking with that edit lol!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm about to start playing the Pokemon Trading Card Game game on my Game Boy Advance. It'll be my first time ever playing it! I've never even played the IRL TGC before.

My DS doesn't go online, sorry. Have you PM'ed UltimateIke? I think he could help.
Cool, I asked Aggrotek, but if he let's me down I'll ask Ike. :)

By the way, I'm fairly certain all the Pokémon icons are being redone for X/Y. It's about time, considering they've been in use for over 10 years now. This means they'll get hopefully proper colours this time (no more neon green Turtwig).

Something tells me they'll stick with what they've been using since forever...

Something about Talonflame's icon's colours feel off. It's... not quite shaded enough. It's like it's using one of the three "universal" palettes.

JoeM86

Indeed they are

Gen 3-5
025.png

Gen 6
23.jpg

Top Bottom