• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

makako

Neo Member
A trailer for Pokémon Tretta Lab aired yesterday and showed the back of the scanner for the first time. It's actually a beast

trettascanner.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge2uNMIZKqM&feature=youtu.be

It's not being offered because of lack of multiplayer capabilities. Without that, Pokémon is a shell of itself so they won't re-release

3ds in the road of becomming a mecha

Alright, kids, what was the last in-game team you finished a Pokémon game with?

500.gif
462.gif
184.gif
407.gif
561.gif
330.gif

That was mine. White 2. Normally I wouldn't use Sigilyph but I needed a Psychic/Flying to fill the hole in my team and he is absolutely mental in-game. Also I had to baby Trapinch to 44 and then Rare Candy Vibrava but it was worth it.

ok i edited my post since all of YOU PEOPLE seem to be using the animated sprites instead.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I always wondered if Pokemon Dex 3D Pro is gonna be updated with DLC or if it will become obsolete with a new version. I kinda want to buy it with the free 30 USD credit.

Lucario should obviously be removed for Mewthree. It was flavour of the generation and it's over now. Mewthree is the new hotness. I just don't see any way to miss this unless there's some sort of furry bias clouding your vision.

People said that with Zoroark. Look at what happened. And it's not even furry bias - if you're gonna pull that, pull it when I'm talking about Digimon!

Zaventem

Flareon is up their in the top 3 best looking eevees imo but god damn is it terrible. Change the fire fang and the rest of the other fang moves to 80 power 100 accuracy like crunch would be much welcomed by so many pokemon.

Wichu

White 2:
503.gif
181.gif
448.gif
059.gif
452.gif
344.gif

I guess I have similar taste to Box of Bunnies above me :p

Incidentally, this is the first time I've gotten all of my in-game team to level 100, ever (unless you count Sapphire that I beat with basically just Swampert and Kyogre). I got close in Platinum and White 1, but this is the first time I've actually done it.

My last Elite Four victory (again in White 2) was with this team:
399.gif
399.gif
399.gif
399.gif
399.gif
399.gif

Best team.

makako

Neo Member
what worries me is that the main two questions imo hasn't been answered yet (about X and Y)

1 - will there be every pokémon from gen I - V on this game, divided between both titles or they'll "not so randomly" pick some of each gen and put it in

and

2 - will we be able to transfer pokémon from DS games to this new one or they'll have to do a remake like firered/leafgreen on the gba ...

what worries me is that the main two questions imo hasn't been answered yet (about X and Y)

1 - will there be every pokémon from gen I - V on this game, divided between both titles or they'll "not so randomly" pick some of each gen and put it in

and

2 - will we be able to transfer pokémon from DS games to this new one or they'll have to do a remake like firered/leafgreen on the gba ...

Some Pokémon probably won't exist in both versions. You shouldn't worry about trying to get every Pokémon with the minimal number of games, though. Just take advantage of online features and strike a trade with anyone in here or try your luck in the GTS.

As for the second question, it's still an unknown, but they're working on making it possible.

makako

Neo Member
Some Pokémon probably won't exist in both versions. You shouldn't worry about trying to get every Pokémon with the minimal number of games, though. Just take advantage of online features and strike a trade with anyone in here or try your luck in the GTS.

As for the second question, it's still an unknown, but they're working on making it possible.

my problem is not they not existing in both versions. I'm used to it already... i'm afraid some pokés won't exist at all and we'll have to wait for a pokémon Z or something to catch them because we won't be able to transfer from previous games... e.g gastly being X exclusive and misdreavous being Y exclusive, but psyduck isn't in any of them... I'd miss psyduck for a year or so and that would suck.

Wichu

my problem is not they not existing in both versions. I'm used to it already... i'm afraid some pokés won't exist at all and we'll have to wait for a pokémon Z or something to catch them because we won't be able to transfer from previous games... e.g gastly being X exclusive and misdreavous being Y exclusive, but psyduck isn't in any of them... I'd miss psyduck for a year or so and that would suck.

Considering that's exactly what's happened since Ruby/Sapphire (hell, even G/S didn't have some from R/B), it's almost certain that there'll be some missing from X/Y. By the end of Gen VI, you should be able to get everything across the various 3DS games that will be out by then.

As you said, it's only a major issue if you can't transfer from past games - I think Game Freak is trying to avoid that being the case.

I would be pretty darn disappointed if it isn't possible to transfer to XY. With the pokemon with good IVs I've collected up it's got to a point where breeding for decent stats is no longer a slog. I'm also looking forward to using my best pokes online in 3D.

In White 2 I think it was Serperior, Scrafty, Magnezone, Sigilyph, Braviary and Sawsbuck for end game, though I also made good use of Lucario, Flygon and Eelektross.

Boss Doggie

I don't normally transfer nowadays. I prefer sending the baby form. With that said it sucks that it has to be an egg to be registered towards the other trainer.

JoeM86

For those in the UK, a new event has been revealed by the facebook pages of various GAME stores. This event is to run from August 30th 2013 to September 12th 2013 and is to offer a download of a Shiny Dialga. On September 13th to September 26th, a Shiny Palkia will be distributed and from September 27th to October 12th, a shiny Giratina will be distributed. We'll provide full details, as well as official confirmation, as soon as possible

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

An attempt to get folks into GAME to pre-order XY, I guess... Sorry GAME, don't think I'll be returning, not as long as Amazon and Cash Converters exists.

Boss Doggie

So I know you can't back up saves on certain digital 3DS games like ACNL. I expect Pokemon to be like that.

With that said, can't I say, use two different SD cards? Like one will have X with my main save, and another with X that has say, Nuzlocke?

JoeM86

So I know you can't back up saves on certain digital 3DS games like ACNL. I expect Pokemon to be like that.

With that said, can't I say, use two different SD cards? Like one will have X with my main save, and another with X that has say, Nuzlocke?

Yeah I think you can do that

Refyref

That's actually a good idea! As long as the 3DS' save-scumming prevention method isn't keeping data on the system itself but the SD card, it should work.

OTOH, I don't see how it would work without saving a small bit of data on the system itself.

Boss Doggie

That's actually a good idea! As long as the 3DS' save-scumming prevention method isn't keeping data on the system itself but the SD card, it should work.

OTOH, I don't see how it would work without saving a small bit of data on the system itself.

iirc only DSiWare titles are saved in system memory.

Refyref

iirc only DSiWare titles are saved in system memory.

The game and save data, yes. But there is a system that prevents you from backing up your save now, playing, and then restoring to your backed up save. I don't see how this would work without leaving a note of the latest save somewhere. It could be on the file of the game itself or something, but then it would be easy to cheat.

Someone should sacrifice their AC save to check if you can. :p

Wichu

Reshiram and Zekrom would actually be tempting... They're still impossible to get, right?

Yup. I think the unobtainable shinies at the moment are Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Keldeo, and Meloetta (I would also include Celebi and Jirachi on the list - some people say they were obtainable, but I don't think there's any hard evidence). Manaphy's supposed to be on the list, but there's a coding error that makes it possible for the Manaphy egg to hatch into a shiny if you trade it (with the normal 1/8192 chance).

Boss Doggie

The game and save data, yes. But there is a system that prevents you from backing up your save now, playing, and then restoring to your backed up save. I don't see how this would work without leaving a note of the latest save somewhere. It could be on the file of the game itself or something, but then it would be easy to cheat.

Someone should sacrifice their AC save to check if you can. :p

The one you're referring to is backing up a copy within the same SD card. It wouldn't work and I expect Pokemon will have that.

In my case, you're going to essentially duplicate Pokemon X, in which you have two different SD cards rather than in a single card with one containing the original SD card you use for your 3DS and the other for the "alternate" Nuzlocke run, etc. Because you're using two different SD cards for two different games to begin with, it wouldn't be a problem.

The one you're referring to is backing up a copy within the same SD card. It wouldn't work and I expect Pokemon will have that.

In my case, you're going to essentially duplicate Pokemon X, in which you have two different SD cards rather than in a single card with one containing the original SD card you use for your 3DS and the other for the "alternate" Nuzlocke run, etc. Because you're using two different SD cards for two different games to begin with, it wouldn't be a problem.

Does this work with Animal Crossing: New Leaf? If it works with that, I expect it to either work with X and Y, or it'll require a system update that fixes the saves to a system at a specific state.

I'm currently playing Black 2 right now so I can't comment on my finished team as of yet. My pokemon are currently in the 40's and i'm doing some rearranging.

I will post my Platinum team since it was the last latest Pokemon game I've beaten.
392.gif
405f.gif
365.gif
398f.gif
464.gif
452.gif

These were the Pokemon that were on my party when I started it up so i guess this was about right.

Firestorm

People said that with Zoroark. Look at what happened. And it's not even furry bias - if you're gonna pull that, pull it when I'm talking about Digimon!
Did I miss the release of a Smash Bros. game or something? The last game was released after Gen 4. The next one will be released after Gen 6. Gem 5 is irrelevant to this conversation.

Andrefpvs

Arghhh I'm so pissed off!

There's no way I'm gonna make the rankings in the 2013 Global Showdown. In my 15 or so matches so far 7 of them were disconnected. With this ratio so far I'll be disqualified for sure. It's so crappy that they can't pinpoint who exactly disconnected and award the win properly. If this isn't fixed in X/Y I won't be pleased.

I really wanted to participate in the first X/Y tournament too... sigh.

makako

Neo Member

There's no way I'm gonna make the rankings in the 2013 Global Showdown. In my 15 or so matches so far 7 of them were disconnected. With this ratio so far I'll be disqualified for sure. It's so crappy that they can't pinpoint who exactly disconnected and award the win properly. If this isn't fixed in X/Y I won't be pleased.

this. and i can't see any other person who doesn't think the same you/me do. It's terrible that people can't just lose a battle.

Firestorm

Run from your next five battles and try again. As far as I can tell, when a disconnection happens they start putting you with other people who have disconnection problems. Running can sometimes help with that. Not even going to bother playing I don't think. Just gonna run 5 times.

If your win ratio isn't too high they probably won't even DQ.

Andrefpvs

Run from your next five battles and try again. As far as I can tell, when a disconnection happens they start putting you with other people who have disconnection problems. Running can sometimes help with that. Not even going to bother playing I don't think. Just gonna run 5 times.

If your win ratio isn't too high they probably won't even DQ.

I think I'm gonna do just that. It's a shame because I was winning pretty much every match.

But I'm not going to risk not participating in the first X/Y tournament. Just going to run from 20 battles or so...

This is so crappy Gamefreak/Nintendo!

EDIT: I just lost my first match in eons and now my 3DS loses connection. I can't even lose! This isn't even funny anymore.

EDIT 2: My 3DS disconnects at the end of some of the matches I run away from (while submitting results). Don't tell me the problem was mine all along? The hell. How do I stop this?

Boss Doggie

What are the chances of Extreme Speed Genesect coming over before XY's release?

Shock and horror as "IAMTHELEAKER" comes clean as a fake....

http://iamtheleaker.wordpress.com/20...iwastheleaker/

I always believed people believing his leaks were talking about him unseriously.

Did I miss the release of a Smash Bros. game or something? The last game was released after Gen 4. The next one will be released after Gen 6. Gem 5 is irrelevant to this conversation.

But Lucario is beyond generation promotion. Brawl came out after Gen 4 and his movie. It needn't not any promotion since it's already came out. While yes he is there because it's the latest gen, part of it is that it's very popular.

And I brought up Zoroark because people were all like "Lucario's gonna be replaced" and all that. If anything, the reverse happened.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Any chance of us getting more X/Y footage/anime news tomorrow?

I'm actually able to watch Smash live for once!

Top Bottom