• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

ffdgh

At lease not any good ones

noivern_plush_by_sga_ncis_fan-d68t7vy.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Looks like next week's ep will be Clair. And Alexa apparently left on today's episode and will return for the Noivern ep.

JoeM86

Looks like next week's ep will be Clair. And Alexa apparently left on today's episode and will return for the Noivern ep.

Who said Alexa left? Helioptile and Alexa are on the boat at the end. Both Alexa and Helioptile are on the cast list for next week's episode, too.

Qurupeke

I just learned about the 2013 Global Showdown and that it will allow you to take part on the first XY competition I signed up with an absolutely random team.

Boss Doggie

Who said Alexa left? Helioptile and Alexa are on the boat at the end. Both Alexa and Helioptile are on the cast list for next week's episode, too.

Ah, I thought they left because they weren't featured in the episode teaser!

I wonder what happened with today's episode. Full of Eevee.

Wichu

I just learned about the 2013 Global Showdown and that it will allow you to take part on the first XY competition I signed up with an absolutely random team.

Remember you have to play at least 5 games to completion in this competition. I signed up last week; I'm going to put together a team for it today. Since there's no restriction on legendaries, I'm unleashing my inner 10-year-old for team design. Wrecking my friends with a team full of legendaries are some of my best Pokémon memories :p

Boss Doggie

...sometimes I wonder if I'm one of those few people who started on a long-running franchise's run and ends up liking the newer ones more and is willing to criticize their old stuff!

I am also like that to Power Rangers!

Boss Doggie

Ah I watched the ep, it's pretty neat. Apparently the idea is that the pirates left evolution stones so Pokemon can evolve on their own.

Also Alexa, Gogoat and Helioptile are added in the opening!

Firestorm

...sometimes I wonder if I'm one of those few people who started on a long-running franchise's run and ends up liking the newer ones more and is willing to criticize their old stuff!

I am also like that to Power Rangers!
No you're definitely not the only one who repeatedly trashes the much beloved earlier work of a popular long-running franchise in an attempt to be different and "special."

Hey,

Any one trade me a Smeargle? I am looking to completely catch all 649 before X/Y come out (at 632 right now!) and one of the only ones I can't get at the moment is Smeargle. Does anyone have an extra or one they can breed/catch?

I have lots of things I could breed. Just let me know what you would want.

My FC is : 0132 1814 8953

Wazzy

Banned
So I've been playing Black 2 and was really into until I reached the electric cave. I haven't been able to push past it and I'm not quite sure why. I'm going to attempt to get through it again today because I really want to beat this game but I'm hoping this area doesn't kill my interest.

I do have to say, I absolutely loved the fashion show gym leader. That was definitely my favourite gym.

Firestorm

Hell, that reply I made made it sound like I do that to be special. It's sad that opposing opinions are viewed as that rather than insight.

Anyway the more I see it the more it feels like Fairy can be renamed to Cosmic if needed.
what you do is not provide insight. What you do is attention whore. Repeatedly. In every Pokemon thread. It's worse than the idiots who refuse to accept Pokemon after the 151.

qq more

what you do is not provide insight. What you do is attention whore. Repeatedly. In every Pokemon thread. It's worse than the idiots who refuse to accept Pokemon after the 151.

He actually pretty much admitted to getting someone's attention for hating both Lucario and the Mewtwo forme in the Smash Bros thread. So you're right on the money there.

fates

I actually thought it was a Pokemon for a second :lol

I posted it jokingly... but this gen has 2 Pokemon that look strangely similar to MH monsters. Noivern looks very close to Nargacuga, the monster for which I posted the plushy. It's "standing" pose is also identical to one Nargacuga has when it shouts. They look very, very similar, if you remove the two big things from Noivern's head.

Yveltal looks nearly identical to Rathalos too.

Not trying to be accusatory or anything, btw. I love both franchises so I think it's pretty funny at least.

Boss Doggie

Then by all means, educate us.

Apparently having a positive opinion on new gens and criticizing early gens is bad.

But I do provide insight. It's that people don't even read them.

And yes, apparently not preaching to the choir is attention whoring.

He actually pretty much admitted to getting someone's attention for hating both Lucario and the Mewtwo forme in the Smash Bros thread. So you're right on the money there.

Considering how you like to ignore details it wouldn't surprise me if you think that way.

Tip - I was lambasting that person for wanting to remove a character in Smash, with it being Lucario just a tip of it.

qq more

Tip - I was lambasting that person for wanting to remove a character in Smash, with it being Lucario just a tip of it.

You were giving him shit before he even mentioned Lucario. Which is my point.

Apparently having a positive opinion on new gens and criticizing early gens is bad.

But I do provide insight. It's that people don't even read them.

And yes, apparently not preaching to the choir is attention whoring.
No one is saying any of that at all.

Boss Doggie

You were giving him shit before he even mentioned Lucario. Which is my point.

Erm no. He pretty much started with "Remove that loser Lucario". Notice how I don't mind the "eww no Newtwo form" (because I'm neutral to that form even), but when people ask for removal, that's when my jimmies are rustled.

No one is saying any of that at all.

And yet that always is the reaction even if people is not saying that. Notice how I don't argue with posts that have "I like these starters/generation"? I only go against "hah only x matters/the rest are carbon copies" and end up with debates on what makes a Pokemon to begin with?

If anything, I'm all for adorable Poképlushies. You can't resist the cuteness.

If only.

Oh well, I guess I'll make do with what I can find. I'm thinking of one Axew and one something else.

harmonize

Lucario should obviously be removed for Mewthree. It was flavour of the generation and it's over now. Mewthree is the new hotness. I just don't see any way to miss this unless there's some sort of furry bias clouding your vision.
Yeah, I was under the impression that that's what's going to happen. Mewtwo has always been marketable and well known like Lucario, and is now pretty relevant with it's new forme
and its rumored second forme via WPM

In other news, I had no idea that fake Emeralds were so pervasive on Amazon. Ordered one which turned out to be fake, sent it back and was reimbursed, ordered another that got here today and was greeted with the same "the save filed will be loaded" screen. Ugh.

They need to re release the GBA Pokemon games seriously. I am getting really sick of people trying to play those games but the market is overrun with counterfeits...I hate it...ugh!

makako

Neo Member
They need to re release the GBA Pokemon games seriously. I am getting really sick of people trying to play those games but the market is overrun with counterfeits...I hate it...ugh!

i'm pretty aware this is never happening but they could just make a cartridge package like "all pokémon gba games" in one ds/3ds cartridge ... like they did on mario all stars...

JoeM86

Japan is getting a new Pokémon Center in November: Pokémon Center Tokyo Bay

i'm pretty aware this is never happening but they could just make a cartridge package like "all pokémon gba games" in one ds/3ds cartridge ... like they did on mario all stars...

Because you then wouldn't be able to trade between the games, making them useless

Firestorm

Because you then wouldn't be able to trade between the games, making them useless
Why wouldn't you be able to trade with another person who has another Pokemon GBA Collection game card either locally or online?

And really the only games you'd need to play are Emerald + a remake. Don't see a point in it. Would rather have a digital download of Emerald rather than those useless Ambassador games I have.

Why wouldn't you be able to trade with another person who has another Pokemon GBA Collection game card either locally or online?

And really the only games you'd need to play are Emerald + a remake. Don't see a point in it. Would rather have a digital download of Emerald rather than those useless Ambassador games I have.

You would probably just get those jerkoff fans who would question why Nintendo is re-releasing Emerald instead of just making a brand-new game. Those types of fans are never happy.

JoeM86

A trailer for Pokémon Tretta Lab aired yesterday and showed the back of the scanner for the first time. It's actually a beast

trettascanner.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge2uNMIZKqM&feature=youtu.be

It's not being offered because of lack of multiplayer capabilities. Without that, Pokémon is a shell of itself so they won't re-release

Top Bottom