• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

xVAPOFX.gif
That's not true! That's impossible!
A shocking revelation, I know, but it is the truth bros and broettes.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
He paused for a moment after "a wild x appeared!" on I through IV (while he pressed "A" the first moment he could on V), and didn't even have fast text on for I and II. I don't have all of them on me for comparison, but RBY is definitely faster than how XY speeds has been presented.

It seems like it was auto "A". And generally Gen V has faster text scroll.

harmonize

It seems like it was auto "A".
It definitely wasn't that, I just did a random encounter in Black 2 and there's about a one and three-quarters second delay between the full text being visible and the game acting as if you pressed "a" and moving the battle forward for you.

And generally Gen V has faster text scroll.
My point was that, based on how the Gen VI encounter to full-battle speed has been shown, Gen I is noticeably faster than it at it's quickest. I wasn't directly comparing I and V with my post, only suggesting that all of the games should be on an even playing field if you're trying to draw comparisons.

Based on just the time it takes for the battle text to show up, it looks like the order would be: V>I>VI>III>IV>II

Boss Doggie

With that said, I find it weird that the "animated intros" is the cause of slow startup.

Oh my, two more weeks til hype~!

Besides "encounter to battle" speed, I think one should also take into consideration "action-to-action response" speed. Diamond and Pearl had it worst here, with what amounts to small loading gaps between just about each and every animation, action, and stuff. Fluidity is important in the feel of speed. Raw speed does not much good if it's choppy or have a lot of pauses visible. Not that Diamond and Pearl are anything fast...

All the fifth-generation games do very well in this regard, though.

Has anyone here actually caught every single Pokemon?

Ive been bored lately, and I've always wanted to play through the old games again...

harmonize

Ive been bored lately, and I've always wanted to play through the old games again...
I'm hesitant to continue trying to do this until we get official word on backward compatibility; it's just far too time-consuming for me to try if I'm not able to transfer them to XY.

UltimateIke has, in every generation too if memory serves. Closest I've ever come is 460-some-odd/493 in Pearl, as I've never been committed enough to finish my Dex. Even my aforementioned highest count in Pearl was more of a serendipitous event, as my cousin traded me most of his Pokémon for safekeeping until they could be transferred to his copy of HeartGold.

Karl2177

I'm playing through Yellow again, and I get to the Cycling Path. I honestly didn't remember this as a kid, but why the fuck do Cue Balls have literal dick mushrooms?

Were you able to trade up in Black/White:?

You could trade from Ruby and Sapphire all the way up to BW, provided you had at least 2 DS systems, one of which with a GBA slot. Anything pre-Gen III can only make it as far as Crystal, since hardware and software limitations prevented data from being transferred between GameBoys and GameBoy Advances.

fates

I did...

... in Blue. (not counting Mew)

Since then, I didn't bother anymore. Just got what I could. I'm terrible.

In a tournament match

Why does this Milotic have both Toxic and Hypnosis SHIT I CHOSE THE WRONG ONE (and forgot to give Cobalion his Air Balloon :p)

Otherwise i could have actually beat this guy who's using 6 ubers. What is this I don't even-

EDIT: 1W 1L so far. Krookodile you're a real champ for getting a crit on that Mewtwo. ^_^
EDIT2: Could have legitly beat another Mewtwo if I hadn't chickened out with Haxorus and had used Outrage instead of EQ. ;_; EDIT3: I deserve to be shot for forgetting that my Haxorus isn't scarfed. -.-;

EDIT4: 3-2 and done. Could've had 5-0 if I had chosen the right Milotic and hadn't forgotten that a Focus Sash DD Haxorus can choose Outrage if it chose EQ last turn. It was fun, though!

Delio

So I'm trying to do a "Ash's all star team" run on B/W 2 and noticed I dont even have a Treecko for this run or a Corphish. Terrible.

How many games do you need to own to actually get all of them by yourself? I have Ruby, Emerald, Fire Red, DPP, HG, BW, and B2W2. It gets boring transferring them all into one single game.

Mmmm 7th

I wonder how much of a blowout it is when it's the "scoop of the century for XY"

Plot details, a bunch of new Pokemon, and hopefully some new multiplayer reveals. I hope...
Also most of the Coro Coro reveals so far have been cute Pokemon but they revealed two non cute ones in the last issue, so I think this issue will contain some more badass Pokemon.

Macka

I'd love to see a rework of what moves don't affect certain types. I've been thinking this for a while, and seeing this picture makes it clear how stupid it is at the moment.

dpsM4SZ.jpg

Certain attacks should still work. Rather than 'type x is immune to type y', I'd like for it to be determined by the move itself.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

BTW I managed to capture every SINGLE pokemon and organize storage system from 1 to 649, along with extra pokemon.

How many games do you need to own to actually get all of them by yourself? I have Ruby, Emerald, Fire Red, DPP, HG, BW, and B2W2. It gets boring transferring them all into one single game.

Well, I think you could get everything from HG/SS, B/W and B2/W2. I managed to skipped Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire because of B2W2. I don't really want to start over with Emerald since my relative erased my completed save.

I'd love to see a rework of what moves don't affect certain types. I've been thinking this for a while, and seeing this picture makes it clear how stupid it is at the moment.

Certain attacks should still work. Rather than 'type x is immune to type y', I'd like for it to be determined by the move itself.
It would make things too complicated. It would be easier just to imagine that a flying-type would have no problem dodging that bone.

braves01

Banned
I'd like to get some PokeGAFers on my 3DS friends list before X and Y come out, my friend code is
4554 - 0017 - 9221

I don't post in here often, but I follow the thread, played a lot of B2W2 and am HYPED for X&Y, so I guess I'm sort of PokeGAF (haven't caught all the Pokemon though, stalled out around 450).

FC is 5327-1353-6553

Boss Doggie

dpsM4SZ.jpg

Well for stuff like that they'll probably outright say that the attack would have no effect rather than showing the attack.

And I'd like to think that the flying type could avoid slow ground moves, I guess. Other stuff include Mud Shot and Mud Slap.

I've completed the Pokedex and have all of them in storage on Pokemon Black 2, except for Xatu... I have absolutely no idea where mine has gone.

Well for stuff like that they'll probably outright say that the attack would have no effect rather than showing the attack.

And I'd like to think that the flying type could avoid slow ground moves, I guess. Other stuff include Mud Shot and Mud Slap.

Probably easier to make a per-case exception.

Slermy

Doesn't Sand Attack fall into this category?

I think you're right, though if I'm not mistaken this applies to all status moves, so it's still categorised. Pretty sure you can also use the ghost-type Confuse Ray on normal-types for example.

I think the only status move that doesn't conform to this is Thunder Wave. Technically also Toxic/Poison Gas, but Steel types are completely immune to poison. Ground types can still be paralyzed in other ways.

I think the only status move that doesn't conform to this is Thunder Wave. Technically also Toxic/Poison Gas, but Steel types are completely immune to poison. Ground types can still be paralyzed in other ways.

Poison and Steel are both fully immune to poisoning and Grass types can't be leech seeded.

JoeM86

Shiny Dialga, Palkia & Giratina confirmed for North America. Distributed at Gamestop

Shiny Dialga: Monday, August 19th, 2013–Sunday, September 8th, 2013
Shiny Palkia: Monday, September 9th, 2013–Sunday, September 29th, 2013
Shiny Giratina: Monday, September 30th, 2013–Sunday, October 20th, 2013

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

Top Bottom