• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Shiny Dialga, Palkia & Giratina confirmed for North America. Distributed at Gamestop

Shiny Dialga: Monday, August 19th, 2013–Sunday, September 8th, 2013
Shiny Palkia: Monday, September 9th, 2013–Sunday, September 29th, 2013
Shiny Giratina: Monday, September 30th, 2013–Sunday, October 20th, 2013

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

Curse you Gamestop!

I welcome the day where all we need is Spot Pass to get them.

zroid

Banned
Shiny Dialga, Palkia & Giratina confirmed for North America. Distributed at Gamestop

yyyyyeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss

all gen 5 games or just b2/w2?

edit: never mind, it's for all of them. Awesome!

Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina will soon be available at GameStop stores!

A trio of incredible Pokémon from the Sinnoh region are coming to your game! Get the Legendary Pokémon Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina at participating GameStop stores starting on August 19th, 2013 for your Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2 or Pokémon White Version 2 game. What's more, the three Pokémon will be Shiny Pokémon, making them even more rare and desirable!

The three Pokémon will be available one at a time, and for a limited time each. You can get Shiny Dialga until September 8th, followed by Shiny Palkia from September 9th through September 29th, and then Shiny Giratina from September 30th through October 20th.

Remember that when you visit GameStop stores beginning on August 19th, you’ll be able to preorder you copy of Pokémon X or Pokémon Y while you’re there! Learn more about these upcoming games at Pokemon.com/XY!

*Wireless broadband access required for online features. For more info, go to support.nintendo.com.

Wichu

Yeah. The events currently distributed over Wi-Fi might become SpotPass events, but in-store events will stay - Nintendo must be being paid a fair amount of money by GameStop and other chains to get customers into their shops. Unfortunately for us.

zroid

Banned
I wonder if they will use StreetPass for the local wireless gifts though. Probably not, that could be kind of annoying potentially.

Refyref

Just saw this on Twitter, it seems GAME continues with cool pre-order bonuses for Nintendo games:

G9qaEWw.jpg

A bit jealous, I have to say.

Boss Doggie

Pssh, they can only hold 3 games? And they're small too so they can get lost! I'll stick to my generic 3DS game case that can hold 6 of them.

/rationalization at the fact that I can't get them

Aggrotek

Hello everyone! How are you today?

My new episode is up and this is a tense one!
The Gauntlet.

Also, I just want to thank all of you for all of your support! It really has been fun making these videos for the community and I'm glad I provide, at least to a few of you, some entertainment. I have 116 subscribers now, which is more than I thought I would reach to be quite honest and it's all thanks to you guys!

I have been thinking about upping the videos I put out a week to 3, would you guys prefer a MWF release schedule?

Edit: If you want to receive more updates you can follow me here: https://www.facebook.com/TheAggrotek and here https://twitter.com/TheAggrotek!

Quest1

Finally.

I've been lurking the PokeCommunity thread for the longest, and just barely got my account verified.

Just a shoutout, I'll post my Friend Code later and try to add you guys. Looking forward to battling/trading all you folks in a couple months.

And do any of you play Pkmn Showdown? I got caught in the vortex this weekend and played so many matches in between watching the VxG stream.

Finally.

I've been lurking the PokeCommunity thread for the longest, and just barely got my account verified.

Just a shoutout, I'll post my Friend Code later and try to add you guys. Looking forward to battling/trading all you folks in a couple months.

And do any of you play Pkmn Showdown? I got caught in the vortex this weekend and played so many matches in between watching the VxG stream.

Welcome. Initiation question time: what's your favourite Pokémon and why?

I dabble in Showdown with my friends, but I'm not as super-hardcore competitive as I used to be. I'd battle anyone here who asked me, though.

Quest1

Welcome. Initiation question time: what's your favourite Pokémon and why?

I dabble in Showdown with my friends, but I'm not as super-hardcore competitive as I used to be. I'd battle anyone here who asked me, though.

Arcanine has been my favorite Poke since Gen 1. I always liked his and Growlithe's design and he's a dog. Dogs are the best. He's never left my team and now that he actually has tools to fight, I love him even more.

Quest1

Arcanine's one of my favorite Pokemon, too!

Hopefully, Litleo turns into a giant, majestic Lion/Manticore fire beast thing with high Special Attack. He'd be a nice addition to a mono-fire team.

On a random note, I've only caught all of 'em once, in my Gen 2 Silver. Ever since then, I've basically given up on catching 'em all and have just trained the ones I like the most. I want to try again in X/Y though, as long as it lets me. Once it gets announced that transfers work through generations, then I'll go back to the older games and go on a catching spree.

Hopefully, Litleo turns into a giant, majestic Lion/Manticore fire beast thing with high Special Attack. He'd be a nice addition to a mono-fire team.

If it does indeed become a manticore, it'll most likely be Fire/Poison (which I think has never been done before) to honour the legend. I just really hope it has a lion's face as opposed to an ugly human's and an awesome flaming mane.

Zeroth

Finally.

You should check out the IRC channel too, when you can!

Quest1

If it does indeed become a manticore, it'll most likely be Fire/Poison (which I think has never been done before) to honour the legend. I just really hope it has a lion's face as opposed to an ugly human's and an awesome flaming mane.

Fire/Poison would be pretty interesting, since it would be completely unique, even with the x4 weakness to Earthquake. I really hope it evolves well. I'm a little disappointed in Pangoro after seeing Pancham, tbh.

You should check out the IRC channel too, when you can!

Thanks! Already did. Seems chill. Glad to be a part of the best community haha.

I sense everyone's eyes are burning with interest.

As an aside, there's a fun "leak" thread in the other place - will wait and see if anything comes of it.

Stage On

I presume this includes Canada too right?

Quest1

Here's your final PokeGAF Test, Quest1: is Flareon cool, or awful?

Order of Eeveelutions from greatest to least.

Jolteon, Umbreon, Espeon, Vaporeon, Leafeon, Flareon, Sylveon, Glaceon.

Jolteon has been a team staple since Gen 1. Flareon just needs to learn some moves (Flare Blitz and Superpower for the hell of it) and they need to bring back the more fire based art for it. Sylveon is only above Glaceon because its new.

Edit: 3DS Friend Code: 3024 5265 5661
Adds!

MikeMyers

Order of Eeveelutions from greatest to least.

Jolteon, Umbreon, Espeon, Vaporeon, Leafeon, Flareon, Sylveon, Glaceon.

Jolteon has been a team staple since Gen 1. Flareon just needs to learn some moves (Flare Blitz and Superpower for the hell of it) and they need to bring back the more fire based art for it. Sylveon is only above Glaceon because its new.

Edit: 3DS Friend Code: 3024 5265 5661
Adds!

Flareon already learns Superpower., actually.

Boss Doggie

Oh yeah, I have a feeling there's one evolution for Fletchling. Either before or after Talonflame. Malamar and Pangoro used "the" when referring to them as opposed to "an" for Talonflame.

Macka

Eeveelution Ranking!

1. Espeon
2. Umbreon
3. Vaporeon
4. Jolteon
5. Flareon
6. Glaceon
7. Leafeon
8. Sylveon

This was hard, because I really like all of the eeveelutions apart from Sylveon.

Refyref

Eeveelution rankings, huh? As usual, it depends on the day for me, but this is it now, I guess:

1. Leafeon
2. Glaceon
3. Umbreon
4. Sylveon
5. Jolteon
6. Espeon
7. Flareon
8. Vaporeon

Top Bottom